Would you stop someone from suicide?

• Total voters
Mart

Mart

eh
Apr 27, 2019
I can respect other's decision to do it. I know I will, but I don't think I could watch somebody else try and not do something. I can see why others would choose not to though.

Reactions: JayZT
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
100% unless I was in the understanding this person really had no other choice ... I understand that I myself could be saved if the right scenario came about (it won't but it could) so if someone was to save me at the last moment I probably wouldn't be angry and I'd like to think that others are waiting to be saved as well.

Reactions: Mart
Mart

Mart

eh
Apr 27, 2019
100% unless I was in the understanding this person really had no other choice ... I understand that I myself could be saved if the right scenario came about (it won't but it could) so if someone was to save me at the last moment I probably wouldn't be angry and I'd like to think that others are waiting to be saved as well.
I like that answer better than mine.

Reactions: JayZT
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
I'm curious.
If you come across a suicide, would you stop it?

Example, you walk into a room and your best friend/sister/brother is trying to call themselves. What would you do?

Or you are walking along a bridge. And a stranger is sitting on the ledge to jump. What would you do?

Talk with that person for a bit. I simply couldnt ignore it. If that person is resolve to die. Then I will leave them to it.

T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
I'd at least talk to them first like others are saying here. At first I thought to myself that I'd ignore them because I figured it would be hypocritical of me to stop them, but I would probably eventually feel guilty because I'd be thinking about the many possibilities that they were simply in a bad headspace and could have potentially had the opportunity to have a good life if I had stopped them.