pomcustard

pomcustard

Almost free
Jul 29, 2024
I still see people preferring other methods. Is it more of a problem finding SN?

Reactions: etherealspring, Alexei_Kirillov and yvesapple
yvesapple

yvesapple

yum yum
Aug 3, 2024
i live in the us and can't find it anywhere without having a business account

Reactions: etherealspring, kunikuzushi, failure383 and 2 others
Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
SN is one of the "best" options to go with, but recently it's become very difficult to purchase (I think basically everywhere).

Reactions: etherealspring, kunikuzushi, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
prana

prana

Country boy
Jul 15, 2024
It takes way too long, leaving time for second thoughts and regret. It's painful over a prolonged period of time, you'll feel yourself dying and have a chance to change your mind and call for help, but it will likely be too late.
I would prefer a firearm that's instant with a low failure rate if done properly.
My ideal "perfect world" suicide would be jumping from a bridge and drowning in a river, but SI is too strong to make the jump and it's so public.
I actually find it a little weird how SN seems to be the go-to method when it takes so long, is so painful, and will more than likely trigger SI and regret in your last moments (which people have documented in real time on here). If you really unequivocally need to die, any method that will work is a good method, but if you have your pick I don't see why you'd pick SN

Reactions: kunikuzushi, divinemistress36, redmunk and 5 others
R

Rev346

Iā€™m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
There's probably several answers. Some reasons I can think of are below but I'm sure there are more.
1 - it's getting hard to acquire
2 - it takes planning so it's not something people can impulsively use
3 - some people can't get AEs so they may not want to try without
4 - it's not public enough of a method so most people won't know unless they visit the forum or do specific research
5 - it works well. Some people use suicide attempts as a cry for help and this method is too effective for that
6 - some people can't deal with the salty taste and may involuntarily vomit it up

• Informative
Reactions: etherealspring, kunikuzushi, Alexei_Kirillov and 11 others
Timothy7dff

Timothy7dff

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
I still see people preferring other methods. Is it more of a problem finding SN?
Personally, ingesting something to CTB is relatively easy (multiple attempts with pills). Jumping off a bridge is crazy hard. Jumping in front of train requires a lot of courage. Hanging I used to see really hard, but after watching people do it, it doesn't look too bad.

Poison seems like a pretty classic was to CTB. Didn't Romeo & Juliet drink poison?

Reactions: divinemistress36, redmunk and LifeQuitter
itsalittlecold

itsalittlecold

Guided by the void
Jun 7, 2024
I want to believe it's about acquiring it.
I honestly struggle to believe there is people out there doubting it's effectiveness. The pph have an educated understanding of ctb and there mission is finding peaceful, reliable and effective methods. In terms of an ingested poison, it's one of the most effective and lethal. Even with vomiting there is a high chance off fatality, the time it takes from ingestion- unconsciousness I imagine is dreadful tho, it is my only concern. However that's exactly why pph and others have recommended benzo's.
Yeah it's just so much of a well thought out method & the minimal chance of permanent damage should you be saved?

• Informative
Reactions: redmunk, Tony24, pomcustard and 2 others
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Well, for me personally-

- Statistics say guns are the best method, and it's not even close. Poisons are generally lower down the scale.
- Getting caught with SN would probably be a lot more suspicious than a gun or rope. There's no "oh it's for self-defense"-type excuse for having a semi-controlled substance typically only used in industrial contexts.
- There's potential for gruesome side effects- vomiting, pain, etc. And it goes on for a while. Who the hell wants to die slow, even if it's mostly painless?
- The dosing, regimens, other drugs involved, risk of getting the wrong stuff, acquiring it in the first place due to increasingly stringent laws around it and online seller lists- it's so goddamn complicated, and despite all that effort it's still risky. Meanwhile with a gun it's just buy -> load -> put in mouth -> fire. Very little room for error, very lethal, very quick.
- If you're discovered, you can be revived. This is also true of hanging and drowning, but you at least lose consciousness with those faster and (I think, could be wrong though) the resuscitation period is smaller.
Personally, ingesting something to CTB is relatively easy (multiple attempts with pills). Jumping off a bridge is crazy hard. Jumping in front of train requires a lot of courage. Hanging I used to see really hard, but after watching people do it, it doesn't look too bad.

Poison seems like a pretty classic was to CTB. Didn't Romeo & Juliet drink poison?
Unrelated- I really like your pfp! Gotta love dramatic clouds

Reactions: redmunk, Tony24 and itsalittlecold
HiddenPain

HiddenPain

Fading šŸ„€
Jul 24, 2024
SN is effective, it's as simple as thatā€¦ The issue lies with people either not following suitable protocols or they aren't committed to the attempt so back out and call for help or self sabotage the attempt.

The method itself wouldn't even be in the PPH if it wasn't a valid way to ctb and effective when carried out correctly.

The last factor is it requires planning and can't be done on impulse, many people here impulsively try to ctb so SN wouldn't be available to them.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: redmunk, rozeske, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
pomcustard

pomcustard

Almost free
Jul 29, 2024
It takes way too long, leaving time for second thoughts and regret. It's painful over a prolonged period of time, you'll feel yourself dying and have a chance to change your mind and call for help, but it will likely be too late.
I would prefer a firearm that's instant with a low failure rate if done properly.
My ideal "perfect world" suicide would be jumping from a bridge and drowning in a river, but SI is too strong to make the jump and it's so public.
I actually find it a little weird how SN seems to be the go-to method when it takes so long, is so painful, and will more than likely trigger SI and regret in your last moments (which people have documented in real time on here). If you really unequivocally need to die, any method that will work is a good method, but if you have your pick I don't see why you'd pick SN
But don't people say that other than some discomfort, it's pretty much painless? Also, doesn't it say that you pass out after like 15 minutes or so?

Reactions: divinemistress36 and pthnrdnojvsc
LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Jul 11, 2024
Accessibility is the main problem, years ago you could have read about it online then googled it and found heaps of stores selling it to anyone. Since it became a controlled substance in some countries there's only a few places you can buy it from now without being a business, half of them won't even send it overseas anymore for some reason.

Reactions: maynoname, Alexei_Kirillov, redmunk and 3 others
prana

prana

Country boy
Jul 15, 2024
But don't people say that other than some discomfort, it's pretty much painless? Also, doesn't it say that you pass out after like 15 minutes or so?
So it's painless other than the pain...? Transcribed videos of people using this method as well as those liveblogging it indicate it burns and is distressing.

And 15 minutes is an eternity when there's no going back and the confusion and discomfort you feel will only get stronger. A gun gives you a matter of seconds.

Reactions: kunikuzushi, failure383, Alexei_Kirillov and 1 other person
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
I wouldn't do it because it takes too long and you have to sit there watching yourself slowly die. I saw a video of a woman doing it and she's fully aware of what's happening, sees her fingernails turning blue and shows it to the camera etc. She drifted in and out of consciousness for what appeared to be over an hour, staying aware of the situation and being able to talk throughout the whole thing. I can't imagine how horrifying it must be to watch yourself die.

Reactions: Freedomatlast24, prana, kunikuzushi and 2 others
I

itwasallascream

May 19, 2024
Wait. Why would it be horrifying to watch yourself die? Isn't that the point? I am going to be happy that it is working!

It did take a while to get everything and I need more benzos so I am still organising but I found it quite straightforward.

My first option was fentanyl but that's hard to get in the UK. If you're in the US they are so easy to get. The dark Web is full of it. But couldn't get it shipped here or people tried to rip me off. So went with plan b. SN was super easy to get as someone here sent me links. I tested it and it seems legit. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

Reactions: LifeQuitter and redmunk
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Student
Apr 28, 2024
Wait. Why would it be horrifying to watch yourself die? Isn't that the point? I am going to be happy that it is working!
Not all of us are suicidal for the same reasons or in the same ways. Many people here just wish things in their life could be better and that they could be happier, but are turning to suicide because they feel like it's their best (or only) option. Many have reservations and hesitation. I don't think a whole lot are so gung-ho and excited to die that they would find joy in watching it go by slowly.

Reactions: prana and kunikuzushi
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
A lot of people want to no longer be alive, but most people don't necessarily want to go through the process of dying, it's just necessary. Your brain does everything it can to keep you alive, include inducing panic and second-guessing, like after you take the poison, while you're falling through the air, etc. It's why guns are the most effective, they're instantaneous, you theoretically don't feel anything and it's over the millisecond after you decide to pull the trigger

That said I'm going with SN because guns are expensive and I honestly don't want the people who find me to have to pick up the shattered remains of my skull

Reactions: Freedomatlast24, prana and Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's the "perfect world" method lol, I almost went through with it but ultimately was too chicken to let go of the railing.

As far as pain with SN goes, this seems to be variable. For example, there's a user on here, @CocoToxBase, who has attempted several times with SN (got found and saved in every instance through sheer bad luck) and she says she wasn't even aware that she was dying and would choose SN again were she to reattempt.

Reactions: prana and divinemistress36
Draconis

Draconis

Jun 8, 2024
ItĀ“s possible just for a moment to have a gun on a shooting range.If i lived in the US it would be easy to purchase a gun legally here itĀ“s hard to get one and you get years in prison if police discover it.Gun is my no 1. method it goes fast and can not fail.Many have survived ODĀ“s but the same time so many have passed away by accident by OD.