WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I wonder how people in general would react if someone made a documentary about some of the people on this site.
How would they react when people told their stories of things like intolerable mental illnesses, unbearable symptoms of ptsd trauma from abuse, and many other factors that drive a person to suicide ?
How would they react when people told of failed attempts, and of how difficult it really is to ctb ?
How would they react when they realise how people are driven to resort to horrifying and inhumane methods through sheer desperation because the sick, sadistic governments deny them the right to a humane, peaceful and reliable death ?
The right to die in the face of unbearable suffering is a sign of a humane society.
Yet, instead we are living in a dystopian dictatorship run by psychopaths along with a myopic general public

• Love
Reactions: Religious-Pessimist, アホペンギン, Smelly_ballz and 12 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
People in general?

They'd probably flick over to I'm A Celebrity whilst browsing Amazon. Then drag themselves to bed to rest for another day at the grindstone. Complain about it all yet vote in another fucking useless lot.

Too busy staying alive...

• Hugs
Reactions: Finalnight, ADeadBunny, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
People in general?

They'd probably flick over to I'm A Celebrity whilst browsing Amazon. Then drag themselves to bed to rest for another day at the grindstone. Complain about it all yet vote in another fucking useless lot.

I agree with this... buuuuuuuut, if people really did watch it and absorb the information I still don't think it would do much.

Some would claim we're whiny and all that jazz. Some would be overly sympathetic, yet somehow not enough to help us procure a peaceful way out like N. Instead focused on continuing our suffering for the sake of productivity, because "See it's not that bad! We're here to help!".

Anyone who would really understand the people featured and focus of the documentary, would be in the documentary. To me the sad part about all of this isn't that, no one understands me. It's that the people that do are craving relief just as much as I do. There is no better. This isn't a temporary problem. At least not for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: fxndi, WAITING TO DIE, Finalnight and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
'And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
The needle returns to the start of the song
And we all sing along like before
And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
They'll burn down the synagogues at six o'clock
And we'll all go along like before
And we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow'

• Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023
I wonder how people in general would react if someone made a documentary about some of the people on this site.
How would they react when people told their stories of things like intolerable mental illnesses, unbearable symptoms of ptsd trauma from abuse, and many other factors that drive a person to suicide ?
How would they react when people told of failed attempts, and of how difficult it really is to ctb ?
How would they react when they realise how people are driven to resort to horrifying and inhumane methods through sheer desperation because the sick, sadistic governments deny them the right to a humane, peaceful and reliable death ?
The right to die in the face of unbearable suffering is a sign of a humane society.
Yet, instead we are living in a dystopian dictatorship run by psychopaths along with a myopic general public
I think they would react in the same way they always do, pro-lifers would keep being pro-lifers, and the documentary would be taken down. Maybe in some alternative reality they would understand, but to me that's not the reality we are living in

Reactions: Meditation guide, WAITING TO DIE and tiger b
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
People in general?

Sad, yet true, You've described the vast majority of them perfectly.

NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
There would still be a significant disconnect from our stories and the perception that others have of our community. The documentary would get heavy backlash, if it dared proposing peaceful methods for people to CTB. They will never fully comprehend our experiences, if they have never gone through such thought processes.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
'And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
The needle returns to the start of the song
And we all sing along like before
And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
They'll burn down the synagogues at six o'clock
And we'll all go along like before
And we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow'
Nice Del Amitri song.

Reactions: tiger b
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Sadly I believe that so many of them would just invalidate people's suffering and label them as "irrational" for wanting to die. Sadly we exist in such an anti-suicide society where there's no compassion towards suicidal people, instead they are just cruelly expected to continue suffering no matter what.

Reactions: Religious-Pessimist and WAITING TO DIE
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I doubt if it would change anything.

There have been so many famous people who have hung themselves, jumped off tall buildings, poisoned themselves, and no one has ever come out and said a word about "hey maybe we should make it so people can simply die in a peaceful way when they choose to."

Reactions: アホペンギン and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I doubt if it would change anything.

There have been so many famous people who have hung themselves, jumped off tall buildings, poisoned themselves, and no one has ever come out and said a word about "hey maybe we should make it so people can simply die in a peaceful way when they choose to."
So true: people just turn a blind eye to anything that involves suicide. I guess they either just don't care or are too frightened to confront the subject.