N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Yeah my psychiatrist is quite liberal with addictive medication. I am taking z-medication for one year and benzos for half a year. And I have not become an addict because of this. I have to emphasize that. It really is difficult but I have some rules and if I follow them I can avoid it so far. Always talking break, not taking it too often, never increase the dosage.

At least for me personally I would have to leave college quite immediately without these pills. I know it is dangerous to become an addict. But honestly leaving college would take me the last chance of getting a job. My other anti-manic medication is simply not enough. I think I am very skilled not to become an addict. I have very high discipline. I never was addicted to anything. Except maybe the internet or this forum. But I think the definition of an addiction is iften it has to deteriorate your way of living/productivity. And this criteria is not fulfilled for either the internet or this forum. Quite the oppsoite it increases my life quality. When I am busy learning for college I only distract myself very seldomly with the internet. I am very disciplined.

But back to the topic. I think most psychiatrist are extremely cautious with addictive medication. In my point of view too restrictive. One could argue my psychiatrist is too liberal. I have one listened to a phone call with another patient. The person took 5 times of my dosage and she did not believe this woman was addicted.

I don't deny it is dangerous. But I am really careful, thoughtful and reflective. My life would be probably destroyed if she left me. I was not aware of that. That I would be this screwed without her. I know one psychiatrist who might be similarly liberal. But not sure if I could become the patient of this person.

Yeah I am pretty scared what will happen if she retires. I think she will retire in the next 5-10 years. I will be so fucked. I think barely any other psychiatrist would trust me this much.

I think I am a very responsible person. I don't abuse medication lightly. After stressful periods in college I always quit the addictive medication otherwise I would have become an addict long time ago. I admit it taking them can feel pretty good. But I think if I became a benzo addict I would have to kill me. I could never cope with a benzo withdrawal. My brain is way too fragile and vulnerable.

A

a seal

ghost rider motorcycle weeaboo
Jun 22, 2022
Ok so I've read a few of your threads last week and i wondered why don't you instead go to trade school? (Berufsausbildung) I also went to uni, got a psychotic break and a trip to the psych ward and dropped out because the workload is legit insane when you're mentally unstable. Now I just finished my certification and I have my first somewhat well paying job. And if I wanted to go back to university that option would still be open for me.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Ok so I've read a few of your threads last week and i wondered why don't you instead go to trade school? (Berufsausbildung) I also went to uni, got a psychotic break and a trip to the psych ward and dropped out because the workload is legit insane when you're mentally unstable. Now I just finished my certification and I have my first somewhat well paying job. And if I wanted to go back to university that option would still be open for me.
Trade school was extremely crippling for me. It made me terribly depressed. I looked at all types of types/ different jobs and all sound awfull. I woud do it if I could do it. But trade school increased my depression a lot. And I was fired after a short time because my performance was pretty bad.