• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I don't live with my parents but we text often. I rent a room so i imagine the people I live with will be inconvenienced either way, but I don't care about that.

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
Maybe the police would investigate more because they couldn't be sure if it was really your own free will to go?
And your parents would probably worry a lot more.
The things you might have planned out for your body to happen after you're gone also would potentially be different.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Maybe the police would investigate more because they couldn't be sure if it was really your own free will to go?
And your parents would probably worry a lot more.
The things you might have planned out for your body to happen after you're gone also would potentially be different.
The thing about my parents worrying is that I could go on a day trip and die in a car accident. It wouldn't be any different. They probably wouldn't find out about that either.

I have no plans for my body. It could be thrown in a dumpster for all I care.

softfuzzyman

softfuzzyman

Rot
Aug 17, 2020
I'm also not super sure if I'd leave a note. It's exhausting trying to come up with some way to explain, I think it'd just bring me even more pain and I'd overthink it and feel even worse or feel like it might make things worse for others. But I'm also very concerned with The State I Leave Things In/The Mess I Leave Behind/etc so it worries me to think about what would happen if I didn't leave one at all. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Reactions: foxdie
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
The thing about my parents worrying is that I could go on a day trip and die in a car accident. It wouldn't be any different. They probably wouldn't find out about that either.

I have no plans for my body. It could be thrown in a dumpster for all I care.

You definitely don't owe a note to anyone. Do as you please. I won't adress every single one of my relatives either.
But I want them to know that it was my own free will to go.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Just write a note to them
That's not the hard part. I don't know how to get it to them. If I mail it, then I can't abort. I need to die feeling no pressure.
You definitely don't owe a note to anyone. Do as you please. I won't adress every single one of my relatives either.
But I want them to know that it was my own free will to go.
The note isn't about the content but having them know I'm dead for closure sake.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
That's not the hard part. I don't know how to get it to them. If I mail it, then I can't abort. I need to die feeling no pressure.

The note isn't about the content but having them know I'm dead for closure sake.
Gmail and outlook both have delayed send on emails. You can send them

Reactions: foxdie
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Gmail and outlook both have delayed send on emails. You can send them
I'm sure a clear suicide note would trigger some algorithm on those platforms. I would be using google maps to get to my spot. It's not outside the realm of possibility for a cop to be at the end of my destination.

Reactions: softfuzzyman
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I'm sure a clear suicide note would trigger some algorithm on those platforms. I would be using google maps to get to my spot. It's not outside the realm of possibility for a cop to be at the end of my destination.
You not thought about attaching a non searchable pdf attachment in the message

Reactions: Kramer
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Most suicides don't leave notes or equivalent (voicemail, whatever) when they do the deed. They just go.
I didn't know that. But then how do the families discover their kid or relative ended it without a letter or a body to be found nearby?

Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I didn't know that. But then how do the families discover their kid or relative ended it without a letter or a body to be found nearby?

Dunno. Good question. I would imagine the bodies are found by somebody walking their dog a week later, stuff like that. The world is a pretty crowded place these days, pretty difficult to completely remove yourself from being found by others. Multiple people found dead bodies playing Pokemon Go, back when that was popular, though I don't know how many were bodies of suicides. If you have relatives that put out a missing person report cops might look around, but being cops I doubt they'll really put a huge effort into it, unless the missing person is a celebrity or a young child.

Reactions: AutoTap and Kramer
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
The fallout would largely depend on your method, if I'm understanding your question correctly. I don't know where you live but when your body is found, the first thing they usually do is attempt to contact your next of kin. Do you have the same last name as your parents? Have you gone to school or had a job in the last 10 years? Have you done taxes before? Do your friends know your parents? (Rhetorical questions, I'm not actually asking) Any connections you had to the world will be used. It's fairly straightforward contacting next of kin after a death in our modern world. If you have any ID or your phone on you, it will be over right there. Also I can guarantee you that sending a delayed email on Gmail is perfectly safe. Alphabet Inc. only cares to scan your email for things it can sell advertisements for. Unless you plan on not having your body found or being so disfigured that you are rendered unidentifiable (both extremely difficult to accomplish) your parents will be notified.

I'm sorry you're feeling like this friend this world can be a rotten place. However, you seem to be making unnecessary obstacles for yourself from my perspective. And it sounds like you love your parents dearly, are you sure this is what you want? I'm pro choice, I'm not trying to invalidate you but, from my perspective, you seem to be overthinking this aspect.

Reactions: Ghost2211
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Honestly a note saying, I'm tired so I'm going, bye. Would be suffice to know it was a ctb.

that's what I plan to do if I'm to exhausted and my note gets destroyed

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Honestly a note saying, I'm tired so I'm going, bye. Would be suffice to know it was a ctb.

that's what I plan to do if I'm to exhausted and my note gets destroyed
If your note gets destroyed then you would write a note? What?

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Can you not put your note on a spare beanie and let it fall with you

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Imagine going to a place to have my note laminated lol

I don't see how your idea would work. What's to say the beanie would even land near me?

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I'll hopefully be landing in the little river and not on a tree. I really don't like the landing but every jumper has died. I was considering another closer location but the virus shut it down.
Hold the beanie
I would eventually ungrasp my hand. Sorry but your idea sounds like a pain.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I'll hopefully be landing in the little river and not on a tree. I really don't like the landing but every jumper has died. I was considering another closer location but the virus shut it down.

I would eventually ungrasp my hand. Sorry but your idea sounds like a pain.
Where did the tree come from. You make up stuff every day. I tried to assist you with good information yesterday and you then said it was a 20ft jump. Also asking if a beanie would save you from 1000ft. Come on do some research yourself and stop with the joke posts.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Where did the tree come from. You make up stuff every day. I tried to assist you with good information yesterday and you then said it was a 20ft jump. Also asking if a beanie would save you from 1000ft. Come on do some research yourself and stop with the joke posts.
Research where? Beanie question was legit. I get one chance and don't want a beanie causing a freak save.
Then don't write a note :D
But there's an ethical aspect
There's a lot of trees near the bottom.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Research where? Beanie question was legit. I get one chance and don't want a beanie causing a freak save.

But there's an ethical aspect
The internet is full of information use it. Did you even look at any of the stuff given to you yesterday. No. Seriously you think a beanie can save you from 1000ft. Well every construction worker should stop wearing hard hats and wear beanies then. Come on be logical for one second

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
The internet is full of information use it. Did you even look at any of the stuff given to you yesterday. No. Seriously you think a beanie can save you from 1000ft. Well every construction worker should stop wearing hard hats and wear beanies then. Come on be logical for one second
Being as mentally ill as I am makes it very hard to think clearly.