• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
Thanks to all the great people here. I find many of you to be kind.

Ive been sick for a year. Neurological. But lets not focus on the unsolvable problems...

My life finically has suffered this year.

I can turn that around and quicker than I made the mess.

To make that happen I need to get on a midnight to 7 - 8 am sleep schedule.

For two weeks Ive been trying too do that but it's not working.

Any ideas?

Today I got up around 2 pm and laid where I was until 4.

T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I have struggled with this for years. There was a time when I was getting to work at 4pm! I managed to improve a while back but then COVID hit and I'm back to my old habits.

You have to manage your habits and conscious choices, but also manage how and when your body gets tired on it own.

Setting a bed time, avoiding sugar and caffeine late in the evening, and limiting screen time will help you. You won't necessarily be able to sleep when you want/need to though. Your body has a natural rhythm that doesn't necessarily align with your schedule! Get up early, even if you haven't slept, and try to tire yourself out during the day. Get some sunlight if you can. I managed to reset my body's clock in about a week - 10 days just by accident when I was crazy busy looking for a new job. I suddenly started getting tired at night, after years of insomnia.

Another thing that has helped is having a friend call me in the mornings. Alarms aren't good enough because I just go back to bed!

U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
I have struggled with this for years. There was a time when I was getting to work at 4pm! I managed to improve a while back but then COVID hit and I'm back to my old habits.

You have to manage your habits and conscious choices, but also manage how and when your body gets tired on it own.

Setting a bed time, avoiding sugar and caffeine late in the evening, and limiting screen time will help you. You won't necessarily be able to sleep when you want/need to though. Your body has a natural rhythm that doesn't necessarily align with your schedule! Get up early, even if you haven't slept, and try to tire yourself out during the day. Get some sunlight if you can. I managed to reset my body's clock in about a week - 10 days just by accident when I was crazy busy looking for a new job. I suddenly started getting tired at night, after years of insomnia.

Another thing that has helped is having a friend call me in the mornings. Alarms aren't good enough because I just go back to bed!
Thanks, great ideas

Reactions: TotallyIsolated