• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
I wish I could actually be honest with my therapist that I want to ctb, à la "if I can't fix problem X in my life, I want to end it", and not get unhelpful generic "advice" like "ctb is never a valid option" at best, or being institutionalized at worst. Maybe therapists could actually be decent at helping the suicidal not feel suicidal, if they didn't have institutionalization as an option.

And I wish I could give the people I care about a proper goodbye before I leave, instead of leaving them a piece of paper to read after the deed's been done. Maybe I could even change my mind through my own will.

But instead my only option is to talk to strangers on the Internet hiding behind a VPN

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, BojackHorseman, Sannti and 5 others
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I wish I could actually be honest with my therapist that I want to ctb, à la "if I can't fix problem X in my life, I want to end it", and not get unhelpful generic "advice" like "ctb is never a valid option" at best, or being institutionalized at worst. Maybe therapists could actually be decent at helping the suicidal not feel suicidal, if they didn't have institutionalization as an option.

And I wish I could give the people I care about a proper goodbye before I leave, instead of leaving them a piece of paper to read after the deed's been done. Maybe I could even change my mind through my own will.

But instead my only option is to talk to strangers on the Internet hiding behind a VPN
If one day suicide suddenly became legal and readily available and was also destigmatized to the point people could talk about it with others and mental health professionals, I'm honestly not sure if CTB rates would go down or up. I assume there'd be a sharp initial spike, but in the years after- I think it'd go down. Lots of suicides are due to isolation

Reactions: Forever Sleep and Alexei_Kirillov
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wish I could actually be honest with my therapist that I want to ctb, à la "if I can't fix problem X in my life, I want to end it", and not get unhelpful generic "advice" like "ctb is never a valid option" at best, or being institutionalized at worst.
Well, I understand the urge to talk about suicide in therapy but - aside from the know reactions and risks of being institutionalized - what would change your mind? What has to change that you are not suicidal anymore? Is there a cure for this trigger? Can this be eliminated/treated?

I mean - and it's not an encouragement - if there's absolutely no way out - CTB is the only option. But I understand and it is good to fight for a potential recovery as long as you can.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Completely agree and I actually think it's kind of insane that it's like this. Imagine if it was like this with regular doctors. If you were afraid to describe all your symptoms. 'Hi doctor, there's something wrong with me but I can't really tell you what or, how bad it is.' How can they properly treat people if they don't know the entire story?

I think it's mainly down to the culture of blame that's sprung up everywhere. I suspect everyone is just so scared of being held accountable. And, let's be honest- it likely would happen too. If a therapist knows a person was actively suicidal and had the means to do it and, they did end up doing it and their family members found out, I reckon some would go after the therapist.

I guess that comes off of the idea though that the suicidal person can't think for themselves. They need to be protected from themselves. Even if that means taking away their rights and freedom. Obviously, I don't agree with this in most cases.

What I think is ironic is that in order to cover themselves, companies use paperwork, forms, tick boxes to make sure they are following all the rules and can't be held liable. But this takes away the personal element so much. You can sense that they themselves are under pressure trying to get their paperwork done. Maybe not with therapists as such although- no doubt, they do keep records to try and protect themselves. But, in other walks of life where people show up with the job of caring, I think this becomes evident.

I've been on both sides too. I was a First Aider at Work for a period and an elderly lady had an accident. You want to go along and be compassionate and tend to their needs- which you do at the start. But then, you have all this paperwork to fill in with them while they are on the floor bleeding and waiting for the ambulance! I guess it has to be done but you can tell by the wording of the form, it's trying to remove responsibility from the company the whole time.

When I had a welfare check after the whole IC SN thing, it was very evident that one of the officers in particular was kind of stressed about doing things by the book, ticking the boxes. That's not to say there shouldn't be procedures. I suppose they are there to ensure a fair protocol is being followed but, it does turn it all into a ticking boxes exercise, rather than a human one. That's not their fault- it's the powers above them. It's very difficult to juggle it all I expect.

But, definitely, I think all this paperwork protocol, liability stuff puts so much pressure on people and takes up so much of their focus and time that it hampers them from doing their actual job! That goes for all kinds of professions- teachers, care workers, police. They must spend so much time documenting what they've done rather than doing it! It's so sad really that trust has gone. We clearly aren't trusted to do our jobs anymore. We need tick sheets to show we've done it. Which is dumb anyway because, people will end up lying if they get in trouble for not doing certain things but they didn't have the time. Again though- that allows the company to lay the blame on the individual employee.

• Love
Reactions: LaVieEnRose
D

dopaminedeath

Death please
Nov 12, 2022
there are certain triggers to getting institutionalised. Don't quote me on it but you can say you experience suicidal ideation and have NO plan, no plan at all concrete, and you are not impulsive. That alone puts a distance from the 'red button' of sending you away when you do discuss suicide.

You can also just ask your therapist what specific things will lead you to be institutionalised. What are they going to do, lie about it? Their whole job is just to support you

S

sos

Jul 22, 2024
i've personally had no issues with telling a 'professional' that i was suicidal and that i had plans

the moment their alarm balls went off is when i openly admitted to having prepared several things before the end (e.g. a note) and that i knew when i wanted to do it

i guess you've just got to find the right person

there are so many professionals out there and finding the right one is just something you've either want to spend time on, or not

so yeah, i don't think there's anything wrong w sharing your suicidal thoughts and plans w them, you've just gotta make sure that you're not admitting to actually doing it, that will cause shit, trust me

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I really do wish there's acceptance towards suicide as the very valid personal choice it truly is, suicide really should be able to be discussed openly as after all it's our existence and it should be up to the individual when to be free from it. I find it so immensely cruel how there is a risk of being locked up all because one is sharing their perfectly valid feelings, people should be able to be open without that risk, I believe the fact that we exist in such an anti-suicide society truly does just lead to way more suffering.