Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I am sorry if my thread offended some people, that was not my intent.

As others have pointed out already, I don't think there's anything to be sorry about. I think this discussion has been very civilized so far. I'd say that as long as there's no ill intent, anything goes. But then again, I'm not a moderator.

Reactions: R_N and WhyIsLife56
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
It all comes down to lust. Some people have self control than people who don't to not procreate. Living isn't free, and being human sucks. You can starve, be dehydrated, get fat, get sick, become a victim to a crime, have things taken away from you. The biggest bummer is the pain that comes with living.

Reactions: sserafim, Élégie, Sensei and 2 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
It all comes down to lust. Some people have self control than people who don't to not procreate. Living isn't free, and being human sucks. You can starve, be dehydrated, get fat, get sick, become a victim to a crime, have things taken away from you.
It's really terrible. Why do I have to survive when I didn't ask for any of it?

Reactions: sserafim, Élégie, Sensei and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
My answer is going to be controversial but every parent is narcissistic to a degree. If they weren't, they would have babies just for the sake of having them or wanting to preserve their genes or legacy for that matter.
If someone's depressed, all the more reason not to have a baby. Depression isn't going to go away when you have a baby. It never does.
People who don't resent being born have what is called the "optimism bias." Which is a coping mechanism. Everything inherently is a coping mechanism.
You shouldn't have a baby to cope with your depression. What about the baby? There's a big chance the baby will inherit your depression.
I definitely don't want that for my unborn child. I don't want them trying to cope with life when they don't have the desire to exist.
Having enough compassion for another means you don't force someone else to go through the horrors by creating them. You don't create them period. There is too much pain in life and it aint worth it. None of it. They(unborn children) deserve peace/non existence.
What if that depression comes later? Should they have anticipated it somehow?

Reactions: R_N
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
What if that depression comes later? Should they have anticipated it somehow?
That's why I'm saying creating another person means they're guaranteed suffering. Cause that's what life is all about. Existence is suffering.
Once you're alive, you're 100% guaranteed suffering I promise you that

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Élégie, Realist101 and 1 other person
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
I don't think your thread is offensive. It's good discussion. Some of the answers tend to be very judgemental and closed minded, though.

Not everyone resents having been born. Not every parent is bad and selfish for having children. Not every depressed person should be banned from starting a family. Not every woman who gets pregnant was irresponsible.
I just don't agree. I get it . People will reproduce regardless and life will continue. I can't go by rationalizing it. I still think life and reproduction is fundamentally wrong .

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, R_N and WhyIsLife56
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I think that people don't take it seriously enough. They don't think about consequences of making a new life, they just do it.

Reactions: Death., Élégie, Mizzmini45 and 2 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
I think that people don't take it seriously enough. They don't think about consequences of making a new life, they just do it.
Cause most of the time they don't want to think of those consequences. They just think of their own pleasures without the consequences.

Reactions: Death., Élégie, Mizzmini45 and 2 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
That's why I'm saying creating another person means they're guaranteed suffering. Cause that's what life is all about. Existence is suffering.
Once you're alive you're 100% guaranteed suffering I promise you that
Life does come with suffering, but I don't think that means it 100% shouldn't exist. And really, not everyone wishes to have never been born against their will. I don't resent being here. I'm depressed and very suicidal, but that thought never crossed my mind.

I just don't agree. I get it . People will reproduce regardless and life will continue. I still think life and reproduction is fundamentally wrong .
But is it fair to blame every person without even knowing their story? I'm sure I'm biased by my own experiences, but I don't think so.

WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Ask yourself: Do you really want your own baby to go through
1. Bullying
2. Not being accepted for themselves
3. Cancer and other diseases
4. Food poisoning/stomachaches
5. The fact that suicide is tough
6. the fact that living is tough
7. The wage slave stuff
8. Survival is tough
9. Friendship drama
10. Loneliness
11. Depression
12. Anxiety?
Do you really want this for them?
100% suffering is guaranteed for the living.
I 100% promise you and everyone else in this world.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Mizzmini45 and R_N
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Ask yourself: Do you really want your own baby to go through
1. Bullying
2. Not being accepted for themselves
3. Cancer and other diseases
4. Food poisoning/stomachaches
5. The fact that suicide is tough
6. the fact that living is tough
7. The wage slave stuff
8. Survival is tough
9. Friendship drama
10. Loneliness
11. Depression
12. Anxiety?
Do you really want this for them?
Don't forget death regardless of suicide. Most people consider death the worst and they don't want to die but we all die. They don't want their loved ones dead but they will die. Still we are here, 7 billion of us. It would be so funny if it wasn't sad lol.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Mizzmini45 and WhyIsLife56
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Don't forget death regardless of suicide. Most people consider death the worst and they don't want to die but we all die. They don't want their loved ones dead but they will die. Still we are here, 7 billion of us. It would be so funny if it wasn't sad lol.
It's more than 7 billion people.
But yeah death.

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
I have a nephew lives in California. He and his woman already have a 10 year old. They are paying $1,900 for a slum apartment. They will never see one dollar of that money again when they pay it because its not a mortgage on a house. They are both minimum wage workers. He just posted yesterday on Facebook that she is pregnant. People did nothing but congratulate them. Of course the truth is for them it was absolutely stupid to have sex without birth control. But if a person was to speak the truth about it, they would be attacked for being a horrible person, or negative, etc.

Reactions: Death. and R_N
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
Life does come with suffering, but I don't think that means it 100% shouldn't exist. And really, not everyone wishes to have never been born against their will. I don't resent being here. I'm depressed and very suicidal, but that thought never crossed my mind.

But is it fair to blame every person without even knowing their story? I'm sure I'm biased by my own experiences, but I don't think so.
I'm not blaming , infact it's really none of my business. I just seen so much suffering in people and in myself. i can't see it any other way. I really don't care anyway . These people can put up with their pointless long existence. I just don't wanna be apart of it. Y'all can infact take my years if life if it's so worth it and trade it in to buy my N for me or get me that euthanasia injections

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Élégie, k75 and 2 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
I'm not blaming , infact it's really none of my business. I just seen so much suffering in people and in myself. i can't see it any other way. I really don't care anyway . These people can put up with their pointless long existence. I just don't wanna be apart of it. Y'all can infact take my years if life if it's so worth it and trade it in to buy my N for me or get me that euthanasia injections
Wait can we trade lives now? I volunteer! Is there anyone who enjoys life out there? I got a gift for you :happy:

Reactions: Élégie, Mizzmini45 and R_N
R

Realist101

May 2, 2019
Birth causes all suffering and death that could ever exist. There's no real excuse for choosing to have children, as some are suggesting. Nothing could make birth a moral act. The only inevitable result of birth is death and deterioration of all bodies that are created. There are no good lives. Breeding is a purely selfish act. Go ahead and try to disprove that... some may think they have valid reasons why they had children, but it is always due to irrationality, primal instinct, and cultural brainwashing. Those things still don't make birth moral.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, Death., R_N and 3 others
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
Wait can we trade lives now? I volunteer! Is there anyone who enjoys life out there? I got a gift for you :happy:
I would gladly give my life
I have a nephew lives in California. He and his woman already have a 10 year old. They are paying $1,900 for a slum apartment. They will never see one dollar of that money again when they pay it because its not a mortgage on a house. They are both minimum wage workers. He just posted yesterday on Facebook that she is pregnant. People did nothing but congratulate them. Of course the truth is for them it was absolutely stupid to have sex without birth control. But if a person was to speak the truth about it, they would be attacked for being a horrible person, or negative, etc.
so what's the blessing in all that struggle?
My answer is going to be controversial but every parent is narcissistic to a degree. If they weren't, they would have babies just for the sake of having them or wanting to preserve their genes or legacy for that matter.
If someone's depressed, all the more reason not to have a baby. Depression isn't going to go away when you have a baby. It never does.
People who don't resent being born have what is called the "optimism bias." Which is a coping mechanism. Everything inherently is a coping mechanism.
You shouldn't have a baby to cope with your depression. What about the baby? There's a big chance the baby will inherit your depression.
I definitely don't want that for my unborn child. I don't want them trying to cope with life when they don't have the desire to exist.
Having enough compassion for another means you don't force someone else to go through the horrors by creating them. You don't create them period. There is too much pain in life and it aint worth it. None of it. They(unborn children) deserve peace/non existence.
Your a rare beautiful soul

I decided when I was 19 I wasn't going to have children and no one would ever guess the reason. It wasnt the disposable income, living the dream etc..It was to save a life. I didn't want Anyone to go through this

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: R_N and WhyIsLife56
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
There's also no such thing as a "happy ending" in life. Cause it all ends with death.
Birth causes all suffering and death that could ever exist. There's no real excuse for choosing to have children, as some are suggesting. Nothing could make birth a moral act. The only inevitable result of birth is death and deterioration of all bodies that are created. There are no good lives. Breeding is a purely selfish act. Go ahead and try to disprove that... some may think they have valid reasons why they had children, but it is always due to irrationality, primal instinct, and cultural brainwashing. Those things still don't make birth moral.
This is the answer right here ❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Realist101, Death. and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Me neither. I honestly think that reproduction should be a crime. You're willingly bringing a sentient being into this world full of suffering. I think that people have children to satisfy their own selfish desires as well as to meet societal standards and expectations. In our society, these things are seen as a checklist of things to tick off: a successful career, marriage, house, and family. No one ever considers the fact that maybe their child didn't want to be born. Therefore, the decision to have children is selfish because it only allows you to satisfy your own desires of having a child and family. It's not about the well-being and best interest of the child. The worst thing is that the children didn't get to consent to being born, they were just thrown into this absurd world. I wish that people could consent to being born instead of having life forced and imposed onto them. I surely never wanted to be born. I also see no need to create new life in this cruel and hellish world. There's no need to perpetuate this cycle full of suffering or to force someone to play the cruel game of life.

Last edited:
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Most people don't actually choose to reproduce, they're just horny 😂 once u see it as more basic like this then u understand why so many people are born into not well thought out circumstances. The thing to understand is that when people are young in their prime, the forces of nature are really powerful driving us to copulate, and if people didn't have such a strong desire for sex we would die out. The main reason that u see a lot more childless people now is mainly due to abortion having been made easy to access, not because contraceptives are working so wonderfully. In the past there was more oversight on young people to have children in responsible committed mature relationships but that began to become less common as sex outside of marriage became more acceptable.

Last edited:
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Me neither. I honestly think that reproduction should be a crime. You're willingly bringing a sentient being into this world full of suffering. I think that people have children to satisfy their own selfish desires as well as to meet societal standards and expectations. In our society, these things are seen as a checklist of things to tick off: a successful career, marriage, house, and family. No one ever considers the fact that maybe their child didn't want to be born. Therefore, the decision to have children is selfish because it only allows you to satisfy your own desires of having a child and family. It's not about the well-being and best interest of the child. The worst thing is that the children didn't get to consent to being born, they were just thrown into this absurd world. I wish that people could consent to being born instead of having life forced and imposed onto them. I surely never wanted to be born. I also see no need to create new life in this cruel and hellish world. There's no need to perpetuate this cycle full of suffering or to force someone to play the cruel game of life.
Damn this is a thread from the time I first visited forums.

And today I made similar one without remembering this one.
I am like a broken record I guess lol.

Reactions: sserafim