• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
I've pondered ginger as an AE, and recently I saw the idea floated in a thread to use ginger as a "warm up" AE instead of all those doses of meto during the 48 hr protocol. So I tried ginger for that purpose and let me tell you, just taking one pill of NOW 250mg ginger root extract with meals a couple times a day, I quickly felt like I was developing colitis with a lot of bathroom trips and discomfort. It became clear to me that ginger has no role to play in the SN protocol, at least for me (ymmv of course). Ugh. Oh and another thing, having a huge bowl of yogurt and fruit as your last meal before fasting? Why did I do that? By then I'd made such a mess of my gastro system that I knew to abort. So here I am alive and telling the tale.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, locked*n*loaded, houseofleaves and 1 other person
Yavannah

Yavannah

Autistic & miserable
Jul 18, 2022
ginger tea helps me whenever im nauseous after a binge
but i can imagine that ginger supplements are wayy more concentrated
yoghurt and fruit would be a very bad choice for me too ..
im planning to eat a little bit of basmati rice and chicken for my last meal
sorry you went thru that experience - hope your feeling better soonšŸ¤

Reactions: Doombox
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
ginger tea helps me whenever im nauseous after a binge
but i can imagine that ginger supplements are wayy more concentrated
yoghurt and fruit would be a very bad choice for me too ..
im planning to eat a little bit of basmati rice and chicken for my last meal
sorry you went thru that experience - hope your feeling better soonšŸ¤
Yes, I like ginger candy, too, and never had any trouble. Your last meal sounds good for a calm stomach. I've totally recovered gut-wise today. Luckily it seems the effects of the ginger pills pass quickly, pun intended, though I think if I powered through and just kept taking them I could indeed find myself getting a fun test to look for colitis. I threw the jar out. Live 'n' learn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yavannah
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Not really directly related, but I've had trouble with supplements, too, not ginger mind you, by in my case, magnesium. I started taking a magnesium supplement to help me go to the bathroom a bit easier. Well, after several weeks I started getting a really annoying sharp pain in my neck. At first, I thought I maybe just injured it or something. It wasn't getting any better as time went on and I started thinking about anything new I was doing. That's when the idea came to me that I didn't have the pain before starting the magnesium tablets. I stopped taking them and within a week the pain in my neck subsided. I was taking a low dose, too. I don't know why, or how, it was doing that to me, but it seems it was creating some kind of inflammation in me, at least in my back neck area. I'm sure there are plenty of people who take magnesium supplements with no issues. It just goes to show what is OK for one person, isn't necessarily so for another.

Did you ever consider testing out some OTC Dramamine to see if it would be sufficient in place of an actual prescription anti-emetic?

Last edited:
Reactions: houseofleaves
Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
Not really directly related, but I've had trouble with supplements, too, not ginger mind you, by in my case, magnesium. I started taking a magnesium supplement to help me go to the bathroom a bit easier. Well, after several weeks I started getting a really annoying sharp pain in my neck. At first, I thought I maybe just injured it or something. It wasn't getting any better as time went on and I started thinking about anything new I was doing. That's when the idea came to me that I didn't have the pain before starting the magnesium tablets. I stopped taking them and within a week the pain in my neck subsided. I was taking a low dose, too. I don't know why, or how, it was doing that to me, but it seems it was creating some kind of inflammation in me, at least in my back neck area. I'm sure there are plenty of people who take magnesium supplements with no issues. It just goes to show what is OK for one person, isn't necessarily so for another.
That's actually an interesting story. I had to start taking calcium supplements for kidney stones, and I found that if I was taking calcium w/o magnesium my heart would leap around, skip beats, and be a general pain in the ass. So I had to take extra magnesium. Do you recall what type of magnesium you took?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
That's actually an interesting story. I had to start taking calcium supplements for kidney stones, and I found that if I was taking calcium w/o magnesium my heart would leap around, skip beats, and be a general pain in the ass. So I had to take extra magnesium. Do you recall what type of magnesium you took?
Not off hand, because I threw it out, but I do know it came from Walmart and was in a green bottle. So, whatever the main brand of supplements are that they sell, assuming it's the same in all their stores in the US, which I don't know. Maybe Nature something? Not sure. With my issue, I just sort of assumed I was getting enough magnesium in my diet and the supplement was just too much. But, I really have no idea why I had problems with it.

Doombox

Doombox

Who knows, who cares
Apr 7, 2022
Not off hand, because I threw it out, but I do know it came from Walmart and was in a green bottle. So, whatever the main brand of supplements are that they sell, assuming it's the same in all their stores in the US, which I don't know. Maybe Nature something? Not sure. With my issue, I just sort of assumed I was getting enough magnesium in my diet and the supplement was just too much. But, I really have no idea why I had problems with it.
Maybe it was somehow dose-related, too. I think I do ok with magnesium, but I get back pains and now you have me wondering. Oh btw you asked about OTC AEs. At this point I'm GTG because I have meto, though it scares me to death. I already have restless legs syndrome and there's a chance the meto will set that off. I'm just hoping I can make it the one hour till SN. I'm not sure an OTC AE would work as a part of the 48 hour protocol. Ginger is an AE and a prokinetic so it looked on paper like baby meto.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Maybe it was somehow dose-related, too. I think I do ok with magnesium, but I get back pains and now you have me wondering. Oh btw you asked about OTC AEs. At this point I'm GTG because I have meto, though it scares me to death. I already have restless legs syndrome and there's a chance the meto will set that off. I'm just hoping I can make it the one hour till SN. I'm not sure an OTC AE would work as a part of the 48 hour protocol. Ginger is an AE and a prokinetic so it looked on paper like baby meto.
I don't know. I purchased the least mg one. I think it was like 250 mg. Just one tablet a day. I think they had some that were like 1500 mg, maybe even more. I used to take a multi-vitamin back in the day, but I was much younger. I never had any issues with those. Maybe the age thing has something to do with it. Metabolism changes with age. I'm not ancient or anything, but still. I had severe issues with the Covid shot, too. The 2nd shot. I couldn't even walk for nearly three days my leg muscles hurt so bad. And I had shooting, stinging pains in my toes (mostly) and other parts of my body. And my thyroid was doing flip-flops in my neck (I have hypothyroidism). I stopped peeing for nearly 24 hours although I was drinking tons of water. As long as you're GTG, that's what really matters. I hope it all works out nice and peaceful for you whenever you decide the time is right. Even if you never decide the time is right, I still wish you your peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Doombox