Status
Not open for further replies.
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I thought the whole point of this forum was supposed to be a pro-choice place to respect the decision of people to die without all the pro-lifers who are everywhere else, yet there really does seem to be more and more pro-life comments even on here, it repulses me whenever I come across one.

I literally don't understand the people who worship meaningless and unnecessary suffering so much to the point that they see suicide as a terrible thing, and this is a pro-choice forum, not a pro-life prevention, unsolicited advice positivity platitude site.

Pro-choice means respecting decisions and the decision to die should only ever be respected. Just because some people view death as the worst thing ever doesn't mean this view applies to everyone, pro-life people should learn to mind their own business and accept that other people's decisions aren't theirs to make.

Sorry pro-lifers but it's not your place to say that someone shouldn't ctb as it's not your life, suicide is a personal decision and suicidal people only deserve to have their decision respected, not have strangers force their delusions onto them. Pro-life people are so delusional, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near suicide discussions.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Boller Bryant, Oneness and 51 others
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
The thing is the creators of this website are also recovery orientated, they literally say that in one of their posts. I say freedom of speech and let pro-lifers say whatever they want.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, ForeverBroken, bebebeep and 17 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Agreed.

But surely neither should pro-death people then who exclude pro-choice, which is becoming more evident to me.

Respect can't just be one-way traffic.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: ShornSoloists, JustRandomGuy, rationaltake and 37 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I say freedom of speech and let pro-lifers say whatever they want.
free speech is dead on the internet if i were to speak my mind i'd be banned in an instant i need a better platform without any moderates

• Yay!
Reactions: Orbitc, Daxter_87, IfyouareamanWinston and 7 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Literally this site is pro-choice and not for the faint of heart, yet those stinky pro-life performative provacators try to make their way onto here to try to preach the normative talking points like can they not for two seconds?

Reactions: IckyGun, pthnrdnojvsc and Meditation guide
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
I've come back to this site after some time and I think the tone of this place has changed a bit through the years…. I don't necessarily have a stance on whether it's in a good or bad way yet.

Reactions: 134340, 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆, lachrymost and 4 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
free speech is dead on the internet if i were to speak my mind i'd be banned in an instant i need a better platform without any moderates
You haven't been speaking your mind? Well. The mind boggles.

Reactions: Cloud Busting, 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
If we were to speak our minds, we would all be fully banned for being too mentally ill shock of all shocks

• Informative
Reactions: Ariadne.Waits, R_N, flower_g1rl and 1 other person
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
I thought the whole point of this forum was supposed to be a pro-choice place to respect the decision of people to die without all the pro-lifers who are everywhere else, yet there really does seem to be more and more pro-life comments even on here, it repulses me whenever I come across one.

I literally don't understand the people who worship meaningless and unnecessary suffering so much to the point that they see suicide as a terrible thing, and this is a pro-choice forum, not a pro-life prevention, unsolicited advice positivity platitude site.

Pro-choice means respecting decisions and the decision to die should only ever be respected. Just because some people view death as the worst thing ever doesn't mean this view applies to everyone, pro-life people should learn to mind their own business and accept that other people's decisions aren't theirs to make.

Sorry pro-lifers but it's not your place to say that someone shouldn't ctb as it's not your life, suicide is a personal decision and suicidal people only deserve to have their decision respected, not have strangers force their delusions onto them. Pro-life people are so delusional, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near suicide discussions.
If what you want is a place where people are indoctrinated with a single way of thinking and always agree with you, then it is better for you to disconnect from the internet and talk to yourself all the time. I've never really been the type of person to say things about the new generations and I don't know how old you are, but what I do see is that every day people are more likely to lock themselves into a single way of thinking and reject everything else and if someone has an opinion that may be slightly different they feel offended and discriminated against. I respect the decision of others to die, I myself have wanted to die most of my life, but if I want to live I will not get tired of repeating that I want to live and you will have to listen it over and over again (and I am not forcing you to live, I am telling you that I, I, an independent person who is not you, want to live, and that does not mean that I am forcing you to do anything or imposing anything on you)... Because one thing is to respect the opinion of others and it is quite another to oppress my way of thinking to adapt it to that of others. I can respect your opinion without having to think exactly the same as you. So before you start expelling people from the forum for expressing themselves freely without forcing you to do anything or offending you, start thinking that maybe you are the one who has the problem because you cannot accept opinions different from yours and it affects you. Again I tell you, if opinions different from yours affect you, it is better that you do not connect to the internet... Honestly, I am tired of all that bullshit about being offended by the opinion of others, I see it every day in the networks and I am fed up with the fact that people are becoming so fragile that they cannot tolerate that other people have their own way of thinking and that they are not the center of the universe.
Agreed.

But surely neither should pro-death people then who exclude pro-choice, which is becoming more evident to me.

Respect can't just be one-way traffic.
I'm tired on the networks of all this shit about left and right, feminism and machismo, trans and transphobe and all the shit that separates society. And now even in this forum I see that people fight for "for life" and "for death"... damn what a BUNCH OF SHIT, stop fighting and grow up, if no one is forcing you or messing with you and just He is expressing his opinion, why do you have to be so fragile as to get angry or affected by that?...

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LetMeBeSad, !!!!!julpet, rationaltake and 38 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
At the same time, people do deserve to vent. I thought there was a difference between venting and discussing on the threads. Maybe that's my own mistake and I'm reading too much into it.

Reactions: Cloud Busting and fxndi
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021

In this forum they complain that the people who defend life do not respect the decision of others to die, and then you come and literally say that the people who defend the decision to live have no place in the forum... that is FUCKING HYPOCRISY

Reactions: rationaltake, Cloud Busting, IckyGun and 5 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Might I inquire if you're wanting to live, then why are you on a forum where people go to die?

Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, IckyGun, Meditation guide and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
The reason I say that is bc NSFL content is usually banned literally everywhere

Reactions: tiger b
Outsidelessness

Outsidelessness

Zero is immense
Feb 13, 2023
Even though most of the people who congregate here have troubles with their life, you should still be aware that finding meaning in life is a subjective stance. Like the other guy said though, this forum is recovery-oriented with a quality of conversational transparency. The only thing that should be regulated is provocative advice from both ends of the spectrum, because they are both anti-choice. I can reckon it's a little difficult to regulate, because they are sometimes a little unclear to categorize. But anti-choice statements should not be confused with comments that try to be respectfully abstinent while being infomrative.

Untitled

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting, larastoned, Sarros and 11 others
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021
Might I inquire if you're wanting to live, then why are you on a forum where people go to die?
not everybody come to this place to die... and I m herre because when I want to die most, It was some people here in the forum who helped me. Because in this only forum is where I found people who truly understand what it is to feel the need to want to die every day but still want to continue, or to have a relapse or a bad day and you know that you can't talk about what you feel with your friends because they would not understand or ill take it bad and here you can find people who understand you... or people who if you freely decide that your end has come, will understand and support you until the end. I want to die right now? No, why am I still in this forum? Because there is no other forum where people can understand these types of circumstances.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Quantum Particle, february in alaska, Cloud Busting and 15 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Fair enough. It was just an inquiry

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023

The whole point of this site, from my understanding is to allow freedom of expression regarding suicide.

I personally don't understand the anger around someone posting something pro-life. If you disagree, then you are free to voice that disagreement, right? Or just ignore it, I guess. Idk I think different viewpoints is important for encouraging thoughtful discussion

Of course, I do think voicing a pro-life opinion is different than shaming/guilt-tripping someone. That's not okay, I mean if someone posted about how they were feeling better about life and wanted to work on themselves, we wouldn't shame them/guilt trip them for that, right? Of course not

• Love
Reactions: 134340, Cloud Busting, beelzebul and 10 others
edu0z

edu0z

Aug 25, 2021

It's a shame if that's the case.
Maybe I got a little hot, but that's precisely why I got so upset. I thought this site was different from the rest of the internet, I thought it was a place where you could talk freely about these things... if we turn this forum into a kind of forum full of revenge against the "pro-lifers" who do not respect the decisions of dying, then we will be no different from them.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Cloud Busting, Raindancer and 5 others
Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
Even though most of the people who congregate here have troubles with their life, you should still be aware that finding meaning in life is a subjective stance. Like the other guy said though, this forum is recovery-oriented with a quality of conversational transparency. The only thing that should be regulated is provocative advice from both ends of the spectrum, because they are both anti-choice. I can reckon it's a little difficult to regulate, because they are sometimes a little unclear to categorize. But anti-choice statements should not be confused with comments that try to be respectfully abstinent while being infomrative.

View attachment 122536
Well said

SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Pro-lifers are indeed everywhere. It's basically their world. Even a lot of people here who are suffering and at the point of ctb still have that "pro-life" mindset (I mean considering life good or could be good, and themselves as the problems, and would love to continue to live if they could and so on). Very few people are actually pro-choice in an anti-life sense, or pro-death, and a lot of these people don't ever speak their mind and just go for ctb directly.

I understand the frustration though since we have basically no place in this society. Even this site, which is nowhere near pro-death, anti-life or pro-suicide, has constantly been harassed, blamed, falsely reported by the mainstream society, media, governments etc. I'm not pro-suicide but very anti-life, and if I just go out and speak my mind anywhere else I'll surely get banned, trolled, even doxxed or put in a psych ward. They won't listen to your reasoning they just straight up think you're crazy lol, and it's very frustrating. Having such a fundamental disagreement with almost everyone means that you're basically left all alone irl. You can't even speak up to your family or formerly close friends anymore bc you're now on a completely different wavelength from them, and even if you speak the same language they aren't able to understand you for even a single bit. I know how hard this can be since I've been through this. I get why you feel so repulsed seeing pro-lifers taking up the one of the very few places that we're ever allowed to speak.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and sserafim
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
FC I don't know why it's such a big deal to you (also are you ever NOT "repulsed" by something?) people are replying to others posts with advice not yours. I think we've all come to the conclusion that you personally want no help in your situation and that's fine, you've made it extremely clear you don't want that. I really don't see a problem in others getting advice on how they can find a way through without having to resort to CTB though. You need to stop worshipping death and telling everyone else they should feel the same and realise it's tragic for all involved, that's true whether you're pro-life or not. At least it is for most normal people. Like have you never missed anyone who has CTB on here? It's bloody sad for most forum users when we lose someone, if you don't see that, then I'm sorry but there's something wrong.

I'm sure if anyone persists in trying to change someone's mind and go OTT with toxic positivity they will be warned. Every user is free to say "I don't want your advice in my thread" and 99% of the time, it's the end of it. Otherwise, it's really not up to you to moderate the forum which increasingly seems to be what you're trying to do. At this point I feel like you are way too involved in what members are saying to others. Unless it's your thread (in which case you are free to report something you find "repulsive") then it's really none of your business, you're not a mod. Besides you never talk about making any steps towards CTB yourself, you just dismiss that as something you're not gonna do anytime soon so if we were to go by the rules you wanna implement, I don't know if you'd even be allowed on the forum yourself...and yet you want no one else to ever be given advice to live or get through something that might be temporary, it's all hypocritical bullshit. If you genuinely can't see all the reasons normal people have for not wanting someone to CTB on a whim then at least realise there is a risk of failure and ending up worse (as you've said yourself it's the reason you won't do it) even with SN we don't fully know the long-term risks, so no it's not something anyone should play around with unless they are 100% sure. How long do you think the forum would last under your rules? You're already lucky you get indulged as much as you do if you ask me.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, february in alaska, catmewomeow and 17 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I feel scared that if I were to let out all the deepest recesses of thought out openly that I would be thrown out immediately. Seriously, I can't think of one place that would let me speak my mind on the even deeper parts of my own emotional state like anger, depression, or even what I truly feel and experience in my trauma responses and thems just the facts. No one wants to hear it and I don't blame them for saying that. There is no true space for said freedom.

• Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, Ariadne.Waits, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
At the same time, people do deserve to vent. I thought there was a difference between venting and discussing on the threads. Maybe that's my own mistake and I'm reading too much into it.
Half of this post is a vent, the other half is an assertion about how this forum should operate. Inevitably, a discussion followed--an interesting one at that!

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I feel scared that if I were to let out all the deepest recesses of thought out openly that I would be thrown out immediately. Seriously, I can't think of one place that would let me speak my mind on the even deeper parts of my own emotional state like anger, depression, or even what I truly feel and experience in my trauma responses and thems just the facts. No one wants to hear it and I don't blame them for saying that. There is no true space for said freedom.
For what it's worth, you have my genuine sympathy on that.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
I feel like the line regaring what one is unequivocably "allowed" to say vs not say is when the language becomes about others. So long as your processing of, as you say, deeper emotional states, stays focused on your own experience of these things, nobody has any right to try to censor you. However, if these emotions lead you to start making statements about groups of people, I think that is where pushback is natural and necessary, and perhaps that is a sign that one should engage in some self-introspection and humility. (I have no idea what your situation is, I am really speaking towards the general audience here, so I apologize if this came across is targeting).

Reactions: BrainShower
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
It's mostly just how I feel and I'll remember the "I" statements rule as much as possible

Reactions: Abandoned Character
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
It may be exhausting to get into disagreements about what is best for you, but this is also an open online forum on the internet where there are differing opinions. I guess there's no reason to shut down at that point if you want to talk to someone. Speak for yourself rather than the whole forum's point of view.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain, eatantz and Abandoned Character
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Yeah, I agree with that. Just dunno if I can get NSFL with my musings and vents. I want to be open and honest on here, yet idk how much is too much so I hold myself back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.