Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I recommend any American who perceives their vote doesn't count go back and watch video of the hanging chad drama in Florida involving George W. Bush and Al Gore in 2020. Florida decide the presidential election.

Every vote counts!!

Don't care your party affiliation get out and vote, but if you don't vote, please don't bitch to me regardless of who wins in November.
True, the vote (for President) only really counts in swing states like Florida so I guess it does make sense to vote in those states.

XYZ

XYZ

I just canā€™t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Didn't Clinton win the popular vote by an insanly huge margin? Was it not 3 million votes?

I would not vote in an election where a candidate could have a landslide victory and still lose the election. It makes no sense. I understand how the electoral college works and why it was formed in the first place, but I don't understand why the US is more concerned with federalism and less with being one country. Aren't the states supposed to be united? Why the federalist obsession? It's 2020, let the popular vote decide who gets to be potus!

Anyway, I always vote when there are elections in my own country. But that's because I know that my vote counts.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
this kind of reminds me. my husband is always talking about things that are wrong but wont do anything about it. when i asked him why he said because hed be alone. and i told him "someone has to take the first step for everyone to follow"

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Didn't Clinton win the popular vote by an insanly huge margin? Was it not 3 million votes?

I would not vote in an election where a candidate could have a landslide victory and still lose the election. It makes no sense. I understand how the electoral college works and why it was formed in the first place, but I don't understand why the US is more concerned with federalism and less with being one country. Aren't the states supposed to be united? Why the federalist obsession? It's 2020, let the popular vote decide who gets to be potus!

Anyway, I always vote when there are elections in my own country. But that's because I know that my vote counts.
Removing the electoral college guarantees that only California and New York will decide every election. Texas might oppose them but it's not enough to outnumber them.

Also relying on just the popular vote isn't necessarily the best method either. There's a reason people make fun of student council elections for merely being popularity contests. Supposedly the electoral college system encourages campaigning more for the needs of a wider variety of voters rather than just by being more popular, though some candidates like Trump have slipped through and beat the electoral college by being spotlighted by the media more and thus gaining more attention in swing states.

I won't say it's perfect though but I don't have any ideas how to really change it...

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Here's a funny tweet that I saw which reflects exactly why I came to see all slogans to vote as disingenuous. :pfff: