UnnervedCompany

UnnervedCompany

Jun 21, 2024
This is confusing for me to say but existence makes no sense. Why do things just be and is there even any good in it. Sometimes I think to myself whenever I am in a desperate situation I usually start by blaming whoever then always blame myself then realize none of this could've happened if there was nothing that existed in the first place. It's just confusing but why do things be and could there have been more good if nothing existed. Some people think I wish I was never born but I can't say that cause I would feel bad for the people who I helped even if it is just an infinitesimal change in the universe. Anyway I hope someone gets me lol. What do y'all think about the existence of everything.

Reactions: We Are Angels and LifeQuitter
B

Biblom2000

Aug 15, 2024
What I think about existence is somewhat ambiguous, on the one hand I consider it a nuisance, why go through all these problems, sometimes I ask myself? On the other hand, I consider that existence is perspective and it depends on how you see your life, whether as hell, purgatory or heaven, therefore there is a chance to live well, of course if you first accept all the shit you carry

BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Student
Aug 29, 2024
So, I used to have existential crises on the daily when thinking about why anything exists at all. Not so much anymore, I guess because I eventually became unbothered by the acknowledgement that I may never ultimately know why anything exists. But also, if I did know the answer, I think all answers are unsatisfactory and actually absurd. Obviously yes there is some kind of answer, if it can even be formualted by the limited number of sounds we can make that we like to call language.

But any answer, even "THE ANSWER" is not able to satisfy that nagging question of "But still, why though?"

Maybe there's some unknown physics that lies outside of the observable universe that is responsible for universe(s) beginning to exist. But then, why does that exist? Why is there a system or process that allows for a universe to big bang and suddenly exist? Well maybe there's a further physics beyond that physics. The question can be asked ad infinitum. Eventually we hit one of two answers, generally speaking.

Either something just exists without any reason, and that's not a satisfying answer. But it is what it is, if that's how it is. Or, there is no full stop, and all processes are preceded by processes infinitely. Also, mind-fuckingly unsatisfying, but it is what it is, if that's how it is.

I think about it from time to time, to keep staring into that abyss and never forget it. But also I've learned to not let it have power over me anymore. Yeah I can become paralyzed and look at my fingers and think "why the fuck did a dense point begin the expand and do shit with stars, planets, sub-particles, time dilation, and fire ants, all to get to this random point where I'm struck by it all and wondering why I am a thing that has fingerprints????"

But I've already been paralyzed by these questions countless times before, so I've learned to just accept the absurdity of it, and exist conscious of the absurdity of existence.

I'm using the word absurdity on purpose because this work had a big impact on me:

Or you can listen while doing other things :)

UnnervedCompany

UnnervedCompany

Jun 21, 2024
So, I used to have existential crises on the daily when thinking about why anything exists at all. Not so much anymore, I guess because I eventually became unbothered by the acknowledgement that I may never ultimately know why anything exists. But also, if I did know the answer, I think all answers are unsatisfactory and actually absurd. Obviously yes there is some kind of answer, if it can even be formualted by the limited number of sounds we can make that we like to call language.

But any answer, even "THE ANSWER" is not able to satisfy that nagging question of "But still, why though?"

Maybe there's some unknown physics that lies outside of the observable universe that is responsible for universe(s) beginning to exist. But then, why does that exist? Why is there a system or process that allows for a universe to big bang and suddenly exist? Well maybe there's a further physics beyond that physics. The question can be asked ad infinitum. Eventually we hit one of two answers, generally speaking.

Either something just exists without any reason, and that's not a satisfying answer. But it is what it is, if that's how it is. Or, there is no full stop, and all processes are preceded by processes infinitely. Also, mind-fuckingly unsatisfying, but it is what it is, if that's how it is.

I think about it from time to time, to keep staring into that abyss and never forget it. But also I've learned to not let it have power over me anymore. Yeah I can become paralyzed and look at my fingers and think "why the fuck did a dense point begin the expand and do shit with stars, planets, sub-particles, time dilation, and fire ants, all to get to this random point where I'm struck by it all and wondering why I am a thing that has fingerprints????"

But I've already been paralyzed by these questions countless times before, so I've learned to just accept the absurdity of it, and exist conscious of the absurdity of existence.

I'm using the word absurdity on purpose because this work had a big impact on me:

Or you can listen while doing other things :)

I love reading your thinking to any of my posts.

• Love
Reactions: BoulderSoWhat
BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Student
Aug 29, 2024
I love reading your thinking to any of my posts.
Aw I'm glad I can help a little haha! I'm never going to keep track of what threads or to whom I've shared Exurb1a's stuff, but I'll link here just in case. I came across his stuff after pulling myself out of an abrupt homelessness situation a few years ago. His stuff resonated with me so much, because he tackles topics I had already been thinking about for years before. And the way he presents the subjects and works through them feels unique, down to earth, and relatable.

Best! 😄