J007

J007

May 12, 2022
on this portal use its only for some kind of fun.
You know what I mean, let's just have some excitement in our lives.
What do you think about my suggestion?
I know there are people seriously thinking about ctb, bless them, however
most of you us are bored of our day-to-day chores, and this website lets you
forget about everything and dive into dreams about imagined death.
This is what I think.
What about you?
A little bit provocative subject.

Reactions: Arrow, depressedmaniac, whatevs and 2 others
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
No way to know of course, meaning the numbers. I'm sure there are some, especially among the younger folks. But ya, I'm sure there are some misery tourists here…

Reactions: Glowarm
G

Glowarm

F*ck everyone and everything
Apr 8, 2022
I have no idea how many people use this as fun versus those that really do want to ctb. However I can say that a great many that I have chatted with do really want to ctb. I'm the latter and have my plans set on how and when I'll ctb. Tbh, I think each person's reason is probably slight different.

To play devil's advocate tho, there are probably a lot of people that fall into both categories. They want to ctb and are using this site as an escape, to connect with others and have fun.

Reactions: depressedmaniac, Élégie, rogeriocansadinho and 4 others
novem

novem

Experienced
May 9, 2022
Yes i feel there are more compassionate people on this forum than anywhere else, that is why people come back even after they got their piece of info they had been looking for.

• Hugs
Reactions: QuietLake, Élégie, rogeriocansadinho and 5 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
on this portal use its only for some kind of fun.
You know what I mean, let's just have some excitement in our lives.

I don't find this forum exciting. People share devastating stories on SS. I don't think most of us are just "bored of our day-to-day chores". If you feel the need "to dive into dreams about imagined death", you're quite unhappy. Most of us are here because we want someone to see & understand the pain we're in.

I guess it's sort of fun for me to interact with other people who use dark/inappropriate humor as a coping mechanism. This might be lame, but I think of making an SS member laugh as giving their tormented brain a tiny hug.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Al_stargate, QuietLake, NobodyKnowsMe and 13 others
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
There is no fun anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, Passersby, Cathy Ames and 2 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Yes i feel there are more compassionate people on this forum than anywhere else, that is why people come back even after they got their piece of info they had been looking for.
I don't find this forum exciting. People share devastating stories on SS. I don't think most of us are just "bored of our day-to-day chores". If you feel the need "to dive into dreams about imagined death", you're quite unhappy. Most of us are here because we want someone to see & understand the pain we're in.

I guess it's sort of fun for me to interact with other people who use dark/inappropriate humor as a coping mechanism. This might be lame, but I think of making an SS member laugh as giving their tormented brain a tiny hug.
I grew with both of you.

I find it distasteful if people come here to lie and make fun of people. I have read so many stories that are so detailed that I find it impossible that they are made up. I think most of the people who hang out here are really in pain.

I no longer have suicidal ideation but I am still dealing with depression and coming here helps me to get it off my chest.

Reactions: MellowAvenue, NobodyKnowsMe, rogeriocansadinho and 6 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well, no doubt there are some trolls or whatever but it's a silly premise to think you know someone and their intentions based off their post content.

I have chronic fatigue, dizziness, brain fog, back pain, reflux, depression, anxiety. I'm non functional most days and feel about 90 at any given time. But I also like to fuck around sometimes and will fully lose my mind if I'm not able to at least crack a joke in the presence of people who know what it's like to want to cease to exist. There was a "before" me which I still remember and cling to. So it's not really reasonable to expect people to act in a depressing way right up til the end.

A person will usually have several reasons as to why they can't or haven't ctb. And frankly, if someone's coming here for any real fun, they're doing it wrong.

Reactions: Élégie, Seeking_Peace, NobodyKnowsMe and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is kinda obvious that there are people here to troll, I have seen people posting gifs and joking, which is kind of strange on a suicide forum. There is nothing to laugh about in a world that is as horrible as this. It is even stranger that there is a laughing reaction which in my opinion is not a good idea on a forum filled with people who are suffering.

The thing that is worse is the occasional insensitive pro lifer and some people on here in the past have been unnecessarily unkind. Pro lifers should stay away and not tell lies about other people.

Anyway, I am genuinely suicidal and that is pretty obvious. I hate existing. Maybe it is best not to pay too much attention as to what others post. I try not to let words bother me. All life is meaningless after all. If euthanasia was legalised then this forum would not even need to exist and I would be gone, free from all pain and suffering. It is cruel how the society tries to force us to suffer for decades.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Passersby
saninh.suk

saninh.suk

May 9, 2022
I like to imagine this place as the real purgatory.

I stayed here cause the posts resonated strongly with me. You can't talk about dying thoughts anywhere else. I've seen some stories and felt "yeah, i know what you feel" and this doesnt happen often.

Reactions: Élégie, NobodyKnowsMe, rogeriocansadinho and 1 other person
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It is kinda obvious that there are people here to troll, I have seen people posting gifs and joking, which is kind of strange on a suicide forum.
It's also strange to have 11.000 posts on a suicide forum and not die, if we are going to be that way.
This is what I think.
What about you?
A little bit provocative subject.
No, people that fit your description are a part of the forum but are far less than half of it. There might be more hardcore suicide forums out there but many people in here want and plan on ending their lives.

I'm one of the people that could somehow fit that description as I have never been actually suicidal but I sure didn't just join because I was bored, I have been slightly but chronically 'interested in suicide' since I was a teenager.

Last edited:
Reactions: MellowAvenue, NobodyKnowsMe, Hirokami and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's also strange to have 11.000 posts on a suicide forum and not die, if we are going to be that way.
No, there is no obligation to die if you are on this forum. This is a pro choice forum, which respects the right to die and also the right to live. I was just saying that to me, this is meant to be a serious forum for discussing suicide and recovery, I do not believe that it should be a place to troll.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, Al_stargate, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
No, there is no obligation to die if you are on this forum. This is a pro choice forum, which respects the right to die and also the right to live. I was just saying that to me, this is meant to be a serious forum for discussing suicide and recovery, I do not believe that it should be a place to troll.
OK, then let's leave it at no obligation to die nor obligation to be serious all the time.

• Informative
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe, Shu, rationaltake and 2 others
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
It is kinda obvious that there are people here to troll, I have seen people posting gifs and joking, which is kind of strange on a suicide forum. There is nothing to laugh about in a world that is as horrible as this. It is even stranger that there is a laughing reaction which in my opinion is not a good idea on a forum filled with people who are suffering.

The thing that is worse is the occasional insensitive pro lifer and some people on here in the past have been unnecessarily unkind. Pro lifers should stay away and not tell lies about other people.

Anyway, I am genuinely suicidal and that is pretty obvious. I hate existing. Maybe it is best not to pay too much attention as to what others post. I try not to let words bother me. All life is meaningless after all. If euthanasia was legalised then this forum would not even need to exist and I would be gone, free from all pain and suffering. It is cruel how the society tries to force us to suffer for decades.
I just don't think everyone is constantly seeing life from such a gloomy "this is completely terrible terrible horrible " mindset all the time and some people try to find light in the darkness. A lot of those people are trolls though.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and Al Cappella
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I have no idea how many people use this as fun versus those that really do want to ctb.
Those are not the only two reasons to be here.

I go in and out of my suicidal moments - so I'm not totally here to ctb -- but I also would not refer to this site as "fun". This site is depressing as hell, but it helps me to feel like I am not insane and all alone in my depression.

Reactions: Lullaby and Feeding Pigeons
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Even in stuff that's serious there is funny. Shakespeare, who invented tragedy, also invented comedy. I'm not making the argument for laughing at people, that's gross, just that life is theatre of the absurd, and that sometimes involves laughing. One of the absolute tragedies in depression is that you get people who can only ever take themselves seriously, carrying on as if they'd invented suffering.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Quiet Desperation
Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
As the replies have shown I think there are a lot more shades of grey than you're suggesting about people's motives and experiences, but your core premise that the majority of people who pass through here end up living I would hazard to guess may be accurate.

I don't think that in any way invalidates their presence here. Along with the trolls and pro-life agitators there are plenty of genuine people here just trying to recover, get by, connect, or help other people, for which those who don't make it are all grateful.

Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
There is a name for cracking jokes under terrible circumstances. Its called gallows humor. The spectrum of human emotions follows us whenever we go, even to the last moment.

I just don't think everyone is constantly seeing life from such a gloomy "this is completely terrible terrible horrible " mindset all the time and some people try to find light in the darkness. A lot of those people are trolls though.
Those two states of mind are not mutually exclusive for me. I think things are completely terrible and I have no hope for the future, but I'm scared to die. I'm not actively seeking light in the darkness, but I'm not going to turn away from it and pretend it doesn't exist.

Reactions: whatevs