Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I've yet to hear a good argument as to why anyone should feel optimistic about this life thing. To me, it seems to be an exercise in futility.

I suppose some people are given hope by their belief in God., but I think it's pretty reasonable to say that religion is a bunch of bullshit.

That being the case, what reason is there to feel hope? The universe is an indifferent void. Nothing we do will ever really matter. In the end, the human species will go extinct, and every trace of our existence will be erased. It'll be as though we were never here.

How is it that some people seem to feel optimistic about life? Live, die, what does it matter? What's your reason for getting up in the morning? How do you not feel weighed down by the pointlessness of it all?

I say there really is no reason to feel peace or contentment. We're all just kidding ourselves. You and I are nothing but lumps of flesh. We're just wasting time until we die.

Reactions: Ontwon, Captive_Mind515, cscott and 1 other person
cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
Most people need a small world. You're not responsible for the human race as a whole so you don't need to think about the grand scheme of the universe. Focus on small pleasures and focus on what makes you happy. But I assume that this is not the answer you're looking for.
That's shit DOES not work when u see how pointless & meaningless life is.

If you have a more deeper mind you naturally can't stop the arising thoughts of the grander scheme of things: what the fuck is this shit ac about ..

And if that shit works I doubt you'd be here on ss ..?

Reactions: Yavannah and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
You're not responsible for the human race as a whole so you don't need to think about the grand scheme of the universe
that's intellectual incompetence it is my desire to understand exactly how the universe works and what purpose there is to it if any
Most people need a small world.
i want my own universe to live in
Focus on small pleasures and focus on what makes you happy
my life is ruined and over due to a brain injury

Reactions: loterius
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
It definitely is. Everyone will die, sooner or later. Does it matter if it's now or in 50 years?
Our universe is 13.8 billion years old.. even 1 million years wouldn't make any difference actually, not even 50 years.

But brains of mentally healthy people try to not think about it in this way because it's against evolution laws, they just wanna live as long as possible regardless of the truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ontwon and 0000000000000
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
That's shit DOES not work when u see how pointless & meaningless life is.

If you have a more deeper mind you naturally can't stop the arising thoughts of the grander scheme of things: what the fuck is this shit ac about ..

And if that shit works I doubt you'd be here on ss ..?
I'm answering Darkover's questions. My post is the answer to (1) what's your reason for getting up in the morning, and (2) how do you not feel weighed down by the pointlessness of it all?

If I knew that I would be attacked for my view then I would not have posted on this thread. Furthermore, I have my own reasons to be here on SS and I don't appreciate them to be taken into questioning.

cscott

cscott

Awaiting for life’s end ☠️
Jun 22, 2023
I'm answering Darkover's questions. My post is the answer to (1) what's your reason for getting up in the morning, and (2) how do you not feel weighed down by the pointlessness of it all?

If I knew that I would be attacked for my view then I would not have posted on this thread. Furthermore, I have my own reasons to be here on SS and I don't appreciate them to be taken into questioning.
Explain how any one is attacking you pls ??

I simply explained something in regards to ur post ur .. if ur happy with ur response to darkovers question no need to delete it 🤷🏽‍♀️

And I don't expect you to share why ur on ss but I was stating something again in response to ur reply.

Last edited:
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
If you're neurotypical and mentally healthy and attractive enough it could probably be pretty neat. Most people derive sufficient reward from living anyways and a lot of people just never stop to ponder these types of things.

Reactions: lwlaiet8887
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Disagree. Just because you're personally unhappy doesn't mean others don't enjoy life. You ever heard the phrase of living in the moment? Man is a consciousness animal there's nothing bigger or grander about us and there's nothing you can understand that'll change that.

I think many people on here should come to the realisation that you're an individual with your own psyche, not everyone feels the same way you do and you don't speak for the majority of people. Life is a one time experience with many variables that affect the enjoyability of it, a real crock of shit.

If you don't enjoy life the only rational is to find a way to enjoy it, cope, or CBT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ontwon
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Disagree. Just because you're personally unhappy doesn't mean others don't enjoy life.
death is inevitable rending everything we do and learn completely pointless
Man is a consciousness animal there's nothing bigger or grander about us and there's nothing you can understand that'll change that.
understanding how this biological machine works could lead to us living may 100s of years and reverse the aging process

outlook56

outlook56

Sep 24, 2023
Disagree. Just because you're personally unhappy doesn't mean others don't enjoy life. You ever heard the phrase of living in the moment? Man is a consciousness animal there's nothing bigger or grander about us and there's nothing you can understand that'll change that.

I think many people on here should come to the realisation that you're an individual with your own psyche, not everyone feels the same way you do and you don't speak for the majority of people. Life is a one time experience with many variables that affect the enjoyability of it, a real crock of shit.

If you don't enjoy life the only rational is to find a way to enjoy it, cope, or CBT.
"living in the moment"
I will respond to you from Schopenhauer's book
"An animal enjoys the moment it preys on its prey."Because the mind of an animal is different from that of a human, an animal does not think about the future or the past. It only thinks about the present moment and enjoys it, so your opinion may be incorrect. Sorry for my response.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
"living in the moment"
I will respond to you from Schopenhauer's book
"An animal enjoys the moment it preys on its prey."Because the mind of an animal is different from that of a human, an animal does not think about the future or the past. It only thinks about the present moment and enjoys it, so your opinion may be incorrect. Sorry for my response.
I said a concusious animal (I guess we're talking about things anyway) but you choose to be burdened by existentialism. Others enjoy life in the moment and take it as it comes. Saying "life is meaningless stop having fun!" Is something a whiny teenager would say. There's two sides of the coin of nihilism.
death is inevitable rending everything we do and learn completely pointless

understanding how this biological machine works could lead to us living may 100s of years and reverse the aging process
I disagree with your sentiment. There's treasure in things that are temporary. Some of the greatest things in life I've experienced where temporary in their occasion. You can read the same book over and over again and have the same excitement? Just because you die doesn't mean life "meaningless" it's a one time experience and as far as we know that's all you get.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Any hope in this hellish and harmful reality certainly will always be a delusion to me, having the ability to exist as a consious being trapped in a decaying flesh prison truly is such a hopeless curse, this repulsive world where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer will always disgust me.
All that appeals to me is the true relief of eternal sleep, I don't believe that existence could ever be something desirable, it's a horrific mistake that only death can bring peace from.

• Love
Reactions: cscott and Darkover
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I often ask myself this simple question, if someone sat me down and explained this life/world in full detail before I was born… warts and all… the good, the bad and the truly horrifically ugly about this existence… would I take the deal? Would I accept my life, knowing the full unvarnished truth of it all?

And the simple answer to this question is NO!

I would reject this life, because I consider it to be a rotten deal. A poisoned chalice of sorts. Just as I would reject a rotten deal in life itself. And so my instinct is to do exactly that by ctb…

The reason people find value in this life, from my perspective, is because they think it's the only deal on the table. Many people do not consider ctb as a viable or desirable alternative for lots of reasons, be it fear, social stigma, religion etc etc.

And the other reason, is because I think we get brainwashed and indoctrinated from birth about the inherent beauty and value of our existence. And many people live their entire lives with this giant lie floating around their heads, re-enforced on a daily basis by preppy toxic positive individuals and societal structures.

There are many people going around with this huge conflict in their heads. They were brainwashed to believe life is this beautiful gift… yet their personal experiences and observations are giving them an entirely different picture of reality. This life looks nothing like what they ordered on the menu, and they are seriously pissed that they were lied to…

• Love
Reactions: Ontwon, redeyepiranha, Darkover and 1 other person