• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I've told my sister that I want to kill myself. Her response was don't, and she told me that if I did my dad would kill himself too.

I told my brother who said that if I did kill myself, it would be incredibly selfish, and that my family would never recover.
When I was 13, I asked my mum if she loved me less than my siblings, and she told me "well they have less problems than you"

They make me feel as if I have to live, even though they know I hate my life and don't want to, as I have at least five different mental illnesses (including Aspergers).

They constantly call me insane when I try to express my opinion and when I know I'm in the right.

I don't want my death to cause another member of my family to kill myself. I'm just sick of living when there is no hope, and no one really likes me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thedutchguy, StillWaiting, puppy9 and 11 others
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Hi,
I don't know your family situation, but sounds to me like they are saying those things out of love and fear of losing you. Maybe they think if they tell you someone will kill themselves if you do, it will change your mind?
Thats just my thoughts on it

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Unless your family does not give a crap about you it's very likely they will be devastated. That's the reality of suicide. Stating a fact or a reasonable assumption based on the facts is not manipulative imo.

Whether or not your father would kill himself after you is impossible to say, especially for someone who does not know the people involved. What do you think?

Calling you insane for expressing your opinion is manipulative, again imo.

Most people who contemplate suicide do not want to hurt others, they just want their pain to stop. That you're sick of living when you're in pain is quite understandable. I'm sure many here can relate.

Obviously I can't say whether it's true nobody really likes you. It could just be your perception but of course it's possible that's actually the case. I would venture a guess people actually do like you but what do I know?

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
My family is incredible manipulative as well and I can't stand being around them anymore. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that shit, I understand and I'm sorry! I'm with you!❤️ And if you want to kill yourself, it's your right, what other people do after that is on them NOT on you! It's incredibly selfish of them to put you into this position and they are ones who are wrong here! They shouldn't do what they do! It's weing to guilt trip us into keep on living, it's unhealthy and it's not gonna solve anything, just because they are too selfish and don't want to deal with a bit of souls searching when they are faced with something as suicide or suicide thoughts of a family member. Even if your dad kills himself, that's on him, NOT on you and that's on the rest of your family for being the way they are and not giving him anymore good reasons to stay, NOT on you!

Reactions: soda_pressed
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Hi,
I don't know your family situation, but sounds to me like they are saying those things out of love and fear of losing you. Maybe they think if they tell you someone will kill themselves if you do, it will change your mind?
Thats just my thoughts on it
I mean I know my family love me, but they think of me as more of a dog than a human. I know they think I'm stupid

Reactions: Maksimka Ai
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I mean I know my family love me, but they think of me as more of a dog than a human. I know they think I'm stupid
I'm sorry, as i said i don't know your situation. You dont deserve to be treated like that and you are not stupid. I hope you are okay x

S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I'm sorry, as i said i don't know your situation. You dont deserve to be treated like that and you are not stupid. I hope you are okay x
I'm really not ok but thank you for your kind words. They don't know it, but I'm hoping to be gone by August/september.
I've suffered too much pain in my life for me to go on any longer. x

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyLight
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
In my case i think it would be like the first domino piece to fall of and then the rest would be coming tumbling down in my maternal side of the family.
My already demented (Alzheimer's disease) maternal grandmother would probably be the most affected. She has a major depressive disorder background and she has lived depressed most of her life. She also tends to react really badly to bad news. A thing like this would probably cause her a heart attack or some psychotic madness attack.
The rest would suffer a lot but i don't think they would follow me, even though my mother said she would.
They are all into Jehovah's Witnesses and they value life.
My paternal family is different. They would definately feel for me but it wouldn't cause any changes in them. I have distanced from them a long time ago and they have 3 more grandsons from my aunt. Two of them are turning 3 years old soon so they have a lot to distract themselves with.
I'm not desperate now so i'd rather wait untill they pass out, my grandparents at least, before i get serious about it.

Last edited:
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of suicides are from the victims having a manipulative families growing up. That can also be rephrased as having controlling parents and forcing the victim out of having a life of their own; to a point where acting on suicide desires to escape is rational. I'm guessing it's not a significant portion of the reason people commit suicide but I think I'm somewhat in that category with other valid reasons as well.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
oh god. Psychopaths. I was basically raised by wolves.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of suicides are from the victims having a manipulative families growing up. That can also be rephrased as having controlling parents and forcing the victim out of having a life of their own; to a point where acting on suicide desires to escape is rational. I'm guessing it's not a significant portion of the reason people commit suicide but I think I'm somewhat in that category with other valid reasons as well.
Not just growing up. Living at home with parents as adults is a huge factor.
I miss Scribble.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: puppy9
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
My dad, my half-sister, and my aunt are just horrendous and manipulative, but the world seems to love them, and if I would say otherwise about them the world would think I'm the devil. Fortunately me mom kicked them outta our life for good.