• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
To be honest I wasn't expecting to land this at all. I was extremely nervous going in and I was agonizing for appearances for an hour and a half. It was actually a lot simpler than I expected. Now I have to go to orientation the Saturday after this one. I'm still completely shocked. I feel somewhat happy and relieved but also terrified since I wasn't expecting this to happen. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn out to be a disaster.

R

refused

-
Oct 31, 2023
Good for you, honestly. You fought through the process and now you have an opportunity. I suppose there is only one way to find out how this will go ;) Remember that mistakes are inevitable, learning is inevitable and that both will lead to strength.

Reactions: Celerity
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Good for you, honestly. You fought through the process and now you have an opportunity. I suppose there is only one way to find out how this will go ;) Remember that mistakes are inevitable, learning is inevitable and that both will lead to strength.
You're right. Even if it goes completely tits up at least I can say I've done it.

Reactions: Celerity
R

refused

-
Oct 31, 2023
You're right. Even if it goes completely tits up at least I can say I've done it.
My thoughts exactly. I am a bit of a master of self-sabotage -- which is something I am working on. As far as I am concerned you made it past the interview, so for all they know you are an extremely competent person that is well-suited for the job. I guess its time for you to become an actor now!

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
My thoughts exactly. I am a bit of a master of self-sabotage -- which is something I am working on. As far as I am concerned you made it past the interview, so for all they know you are an extremely competent person that is well-suited for the job. I guess its time for you to become an actor now!
Haha yeah, let's hope my acting skills don't completely suck.

R.F.

R.F.

Sep 23, 2023
Don't break yourself before you've even experienced the first day. Most jobs - no matter how complicated people claim them to be - can be done by absolute idiots, including those highly sought after Wall Street or IT necromancer positions that sort out anyone without an Ivy degree. As long as you have basic knowledge in the field you've applied in, you're good to go -which, if you end up getting an offer, is a given already. Nobody expects new joiners to be perfect from day one; it's actually the opposite: your superiors will think you're weird as fuck if you DON'T mess up left and right in your first weeks or even months.

So there's really no reason to worry. In the "worst" case, you're getting the job 🙂

By the way, any updates?

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Most jobs - no matter how complicated people claim them to be - can be done by absolute idiots
Well that's good for me since I tend to act like an idiot on many occasions lol.

By the way, any updates?
It's actually funny that you saw this post now, my orientation for the job starts in about 30 minutes.

I think I've calmed my nerves down a bit; still anxious but like you said I don't think I'll be expected to be perfect on day one. I guess I'll have to see how it goes, hopefully this ends up being a good thing for me. Thank you for your kind words.

• Love
Reactions: R.F.