Quizzaci0us

Quizzaci0us

Little Frog
Apr 13, 2023
I was home alone today, and my mum was at my sister's and my dad was at work. I woke up right after my dad left and started cleaning. Our house was hell. My mum had talked yesterday about how badly she wanted the house cleaned but was physically and mentally unable to. I wanted to clean, too, so I spent 10 hours doing everything from mopping, to brushing the dogs, to cleaning the crayon marks (from my neice) off of the fridge.

Then, since I had been documenting my progress with my friends in a group chat, I finally sat down and texted them again.

B26C8502-91CA-4363-8E29-BB5042E03CA7.jpeg

(blurred out spot is my neice's name. She's only a year old so my mum has to sleep with her)

Ten fucking hours. I was so proud of myself and so excited to see her reaction. Now she knows. She's on her way home now and I'm laying in bed sobbing and writing this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: No_Lxve, vulkann, Surrounded7 and 3 others
S

Surrounded7

It just gets worse
May 29, 2023
Happy to hear you're proud of yourself

Reactions: meowmeowkitty and Letgo
corazon

corazon

"a heart's a heavy burden"
Mar 30, 2023
I feel that one for you. The realisation that you sent it your mum instead. But listen, although it would've perhaps felt marginally better for it to be a surprise for when she gets back, I'm sure she'd appreciate what you've done. It sounds like you made a big difference and you did it without asking. That means something. You should still be very proud of yourself. Ten hours of cleaning is nothing to sneeze at! Great effort @Quizzaci0us

Reactions: Quizzaci0us, Letgo and imissmykitten
J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
Imagine how excited, relieved and cared for she felt when got that text, especially since you wanted to surprise her. You showed her so much love that I have a feeling she couldn't wait to get home and it lifted her spirits all day. And total props to you! that is a HUGE accomplishment so regardless of the reaction you get from her, know you did something that took alot of time, effort and love. Now please come clean my place next because it hasn't been cleaned in oh so long lol kidding. :heart:

Reactions: Quizzaci0us and Letgo
Quizzaci0us

Quizzaci0us

Little Frog
Apr 13, 2023
I feel that one for you. The realisation that you sent it your mum instead. But listen, although it would've perhaps felt marginally better for it to be a surprise for when she gets back, I'm sure she'd appreciate what you've done. It sounds like you made a big difference and you did it without asking. That means something. You should still be very proud of yourself. Ten hours of cleaning is nothing to sneeze at! Great effort @Quizzaci0us
Actually, she really was surprised. I know this post is old but I haven't been on this site recently, so sorry. But she assumed that all I'd done was pick up my neice's toys and maybe vacuumed, so she was surprised and liked it :)

• Hugs
Reactions: just_so_done, rationaltake and corazon
corazon

corazon

"a heart's a heavy burden"
Mar 30, 2023
Actually, she really was surprised. I know this post is old but I haven't been on this site recently, so sorry. But she assumed that all I'd done was pick up my neice's toys and maybe vacuumed, so she was surprised and liked it :)
Glad to hear that! After going to such an effort for anything, it always feels rewarding that people appreciate your hard work. I once again applaud your efforts :)

• Love
Reactions: just_so_done, rationaltake and Quizzaci0us