• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Getting closer, I can't believe this is actually coming together. I feel guilty in a way that I've decided to ctb. I don't think death is the right thing to do, it's just the easier thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScaredOfLife
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Thanks. I guess that's the size for the regulator that was mentioned in Chronicpainnomore's list?

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I went to Walmart today looking for the elastic, toggles, micropore tape but I got frustrated looking so I just ordered them off amazon. Micropore tape is not in Walmart, and not sure if u have to have that or not. I went ahead and just ordered it.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I'm too lazy to go to the stores to look for everything, so I will be buying everything on Amazon.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Except for the wrench, which I'll go to the auto parts store for.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm too lazy to go to the stores to look for everything, so I will be buying everything on Amazon.
I used that list of stuff that somebody put under the thread that says when my tank came in mail.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I used that list of stuff that somebody put under the thread that says when my tank came in mail.

That's the list I will be using. I sent chronicpainnomore a PM asking him how he's planning on connecting the tube to the regulator.

Reactions: Final Escape
I

i187914

May 24, 2018
That's the list I will be using. I sent chronicpainnomore a PM asking him how he's planning on connecting the tube to the regulator.

Have you read Chapter 5 in PPEH? If I remember correctly they talk about using micropore tape to secure the tube to the regulator.

I think that's the reason for "micropore" in chronicpainnomore's shopping list.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Have you read Chapter 5 in PPEH? If I remember correctly they talk about using micropore tape to secure the tube to the regulator.

I thought it was for the exit bag I watched it on chi's video on how to make exit bag

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
I thought it was for the exit bag I watched it on chi's video on how to make exit bag

Yes, that too.

But I'm thinking that, depending on what type of hose you buy, it may not screw into the regulator but instead might need to be taped to it, to prevent it from slipping off or from having the nitrogen escape outside it if the connection is not airtight?

61JD9VLtN%2BL._SL1182_.jpg
salter.lab.1600.jpg

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
Actually looking at those pictures from chronicpainnomore's list it looks like the cannula should slide onto the regulator pipe without any taping so the micropore would only be needed at the opening in the exit bag.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yes, that too.

But I'm thinking that, depending on what type of hose you buy, it may not screw into the regulator but instead might need to be taped to it, to prevent it from slipping off or from having the nitrogen escape outside it if the connection is not airtight?

salter.lab.1600.jpg
My regulator came with tube and and it attaches right to it.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'll check to make sure no gas is escaping and tape anything that might leak out gas.

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
My regulator came with tube and and it attaches right to it.

Is that because you ordered the regulator from Mad Dog Brewing (from PPEH)?

I didn't find any other places that provide a tube with the regulator.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Is that because you ordered the regulator from Mad Dog Brewing (from PPEH)?

I didn't find any other places that provide a tube with the regulator.
I ordered it from amazon

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
@Final Escape

The hose you ordered looks very heavy compared to the transparent nasal cannula in the picture above?

I hope it isn't so heavy that it places too much strain on the oven bag.

The nice thing is you have a solid connection with the regulator so even if you slumped over unconscious that tube won't disconnect from the regulator since it's a screw-in type. The cannula on the other hand, could potentially get disconnected.

So the only risk is at the other end - where the hose connects to the oven bag. So, if you secure it well there with micropore hopefully you're good.

I might order the regulator from your link and try it out.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018

I thought the micropore tape was to tape the bag where the elastic goes, and also to tape the hose to the inside of the bag. I thought micropore tape was porous, so if we used it to tape the hose to the regulator, wouldn't the nitrogen escape? You may be right, though. I just worry about every little thing. I thought I saw chronicpainnomore mention something about zip ties but I wonder how that would work. I'll have to go back to look. I messaged him earlier today but I've not heard back from him.

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018

If you make your exit bag, try and see if that hose is too heavy to be held with tape. If it's not, I'll buy this regulator. It's just that the hose looks so heavy. (Maybe I'm overthinking this?) The hose that chronicpainnomore posted looks lightweight and like it would stay attached to the bag easier. But then again, if yours stays attached to the bag, it would be better because it's built to fit the regulator.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
If you make your exit bag, try and see if that hose is too heavy to be held with tape. If it's not, I'll buy this regulator. It's just that the hose looks so heavy. (Maybe I'm overthinking this?) The hose that chronicpainnomore posted looks lightweight and like it would stay attached to the bag easier. But then again, if yours stays attached to the bag, it would be better because it's built to fit the regulator.
I think u are over thinking it, the hose is not too heavy I'll make it work :)

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
Yes, that too.

salter.lab.1600.jpg

One will need to convert cubic feet per hour to liters per minute

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
I'm in the United States and don't know what units the regulators use here.

I calculated CFH (cubic feet per hour) to LPM (liters per minute) to mean that the ball meter ought to hang around ~35 on that particular meter (as pictured), to equate to 15 liters per minute. I suggest running ones own calculations, however. Nitrogen is only slightly heavier than argon, so mostly one just needs to convert CFH to LPM

I

i187914

May 24, 2018
I calculated CFH (cubic feet per hour) to LPM (liters per minute) to mean that the ball meter ought to hang around ~35 on that particular meter (as pictured), to equate to 15 liters per minute. I suggest running ones own calculations, however. Nitrogen is only slightly heavier than argon, so mostly one just needs to convert CFH to LPM

Cool. Thanks for converting.