• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I calculated CFH (cubic feet per hour) to LPM (liters per minute) to mean that the ball meter ought to hang around ~35 on that particular meter (as pictured), to equate to 15 liters per minute. I suggest running ones own calculations, however. Nitrogen is only slightly heavier than argon, so mostly one just needs to convert CFH to LPM

Thanks for doing the calculations.

P

pikassa

Jul 24, 2018
Is it ok if the flow rate will be 6 l/m? I can't find any other fittable regulator for the nitrogen tank...

Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
Is it ok if the flow rate will be 6 l/m? I can't find any other fittable regulator for the nitrogen tank...

I would say yes (but dont take my word) - if the bag is much larger - say 40x30 inches.
What I would do is:

Get an elastic PVC hose - maybe 1 cm in diameter
Have a big bag secured on the neck with rubber bands - not tightly, just comfortably and not leaking
Slip the hose into the bag and grab it with your mouth
Then just breathe the nitro with my nose and exhale into the hose - i.e. outside

This way, I'm pushing CO2 not into the bag, but out.

PS: It may sound complicated, but if my assumption is correct, you can get away with smaller volume of Nitro. Besides, I personally think the problem of CO2 buildup is exagerated. It's valid for a small bag (few liters). The bigger the bag, the less CO2 in it.

Reactions: azeton and pikassa
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
As far as I am aware it is recommended to have 15L/min. I would expect that varying from this a little would be ok but 6 sounds far too low to me. The idea is to have a flow rate higher than is being in hailed so that the atmosphere contains no oxygen. If the flow rate is too low then some oxygen would be consumed and thus CO2 produced too and the effect would be similar to regular asphyxiation with a bag. At least that is my partially educated guess.

Reactions: pikassa