DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
When I look back during the early days of searching for ways to ctb, 8chan was that one site I visited and it was a surreal experience. Seeing posts about methods I never even heard of, as well as just general stuff. And occasionally, some threads that are... sorta entertaining (kinda a fucked up thing to say based on the attachment I posted with it). I know this site is good and all, though as of now, but it's kinda now about SN these days, with hardly any diverse methods. That's probably the one thing I miss about 8chan. I wish the guy that was responsible for 8chan being shut down, didn't go and shoot people at walmart.

Kinda feel the same with alt.suicide.methods on google groups being banned, as that was another one of my go-to sources of information on whatever method I'm looking into. Daniela's knowledge on yew poisons and cardenolides are the reasons I'm choosing those as my methods. I don't care that there are trolls and scammers present... I look into the archives.

And to top it all off... I miss that old SanctionedSuicide subreddit, where we had the OG mods. Those were the days where it feels like home. Not to say this place isn't good too. But, yeah... nothing's the same as it once was.

07AFC0D5 815C 432B AD01 61753747B4CC

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ncmxm, Rn110bg101, Xocoyotziin and 10 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Oh ffs, move on already... :ehh:

Reactions: Wraith, sadworld, LonelyDude15 and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I thought the shooter that got 8chan shut down shot up a local garlic festival in Gilroy, California. That's somewhat close to where I live so the effects of that were pretty tangible to me...

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
And after reading your screenshots, I can only say that the people in the threads sound like they're about 12 years old! :ehh:

Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 94, Matthias_k and 1 other person
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I thought the shooter that got 8chan shut down shot up a local garlic festival in Gilroy, California. That's somewhat close to where I live so the effects of that were pretty tangible to me...
Hmm... to be honest, I'm not sure anymore. According to google, it's possibly linked to 8chan, as is the one in El Paso.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Hmm... to be honest, I'm not sure anymore. According to google, it's possibly linked to 8chan, as is the one in El Paso.
One of the local newspapers I saw said that 8chan was all over his browsing history, including in threads where he said he was about to do something like that...

It's a shame too because 8chan's cartoon boards were actually way less prone to shitposting than 4chan's are right now but, oh well.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
And after reading your screenshots, I can only say that the people in the threads sound like they're about 12 years old! :ehh:
It's possible... the only thing about the thread that made an impression on me was reading it all in piccolo's voice. I'm kinda dumb like that.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
It's possible... the only thing about the thread that made an impression on me was reading it all in piccolo's voice. I'm kinda dumb like that.

You must be underage then. What are you doing here? :shy:

Y

yabadabadoo

Nov 17, 2020
ah, the good old 8chan days.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and Xocoyotziin
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
These sites are breeding ground for mass shooters and serial killers, so it was probably for the best.
It's only time until 4chan gets seized as well.

Reactions: Wraith, Deleted member 94, Lost in a Dream and 5 others
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
You must be underage then. What are you doing here? :shy:
I'm not. I'm 23. Though mentally, I'm sorta am. But mainly I'm here to look for information on methods, and sometimes share my drawings, thoughts, or just vent. I probably would do more than just lurking and stuff, but I'm not very good at being social.
These sites are breeding ground for mass shooters and serial killers, so it was probably for the best.
It's only time until 4chan gets seized as well.

Sadly, you're right.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, Wraith, Deleted member 94 and 5 others
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
You have to ask? It's BOTH.
WTF 8Chan?

What; you miss all the hate-filled, racist, homophobic, shit posts too?

EXACTLY.

FUCKEN MOVE ON.

No! The last thing I'm for is racism and hateful shit, that would leave a bad taste in my mouth considering what I am. The only thing I miss about it is diversity of methods and stuff, that aren't really explored these days. I'm not talking about 8chan in general. I'm talking about /suicide/ tips & tricks. Between that and asm, and here they're all means of me studying "obscure" methods.

Reactions: Hennessy, Deleted member 94, Midnight-rain and 4 others
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
No! The last thing I'm for is racism and hateful shit, that would leave a bad taste in my mouth considering what I am. The only thing I miss about it is diversity of methods and stuff, that aren't really explored these days. I'm not talking about 8chan in general. I'm talking about /suicide/ tips & tricks. Between that and asm, and here they're all means of me studying "obscure" methods.

That's why we're here.

Don't bring up your 8 chan teat here. WTF? You just trying to trigger people now. Stop being an asshole and think of how others have been affected by 8chan. Threats of violence. People telling you to KYS. The fucken racism and facism.

You miss that shit? WTF are you here then? I'm sure you can find a just as despicable website to thirst on.

Because that's exactly what we need here....8chan assholes...NOT.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Deleted member 19654, x~Sophia~x and 1 other person
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
@coalminecanary @nixonnate32

Come join me here for some delicious food . *chomp chomp :hug:

giphy.gif

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sinkinshyp, Deleted member 19276, Hennessy and 8 others
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
8chan and the suicide board shutting down was why I finally made an account here. Sanctionedsuicide is faster anyway.

Reactions: Disappointered, DetachedDreamer97, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
When I look back during the early days of searching for ways to ctb, 8chan was that one site I visited and it was a surreal experience. Seeing posts about methods I never even heard of, as well as just general stuff. And occasionally, some threads that are... sorta entertaining (kinda a fucked up thing to say based on the attachment I posted with it). I know this site is good and all, though as of now, but it's kinda now about SN these days, with hardly any diverse methods. That's probably the one thing I miss about 8chan. I wish the guy that was responsible for 8chan being shut down, didn't go and shoot people at walmart.

Kinda feel the same with alt.suicide.methods on google groups being banned, as that was another one of my go-to sources of information on whatever method I'm looking into. Daniela's knowledge on yew poisons and cardenolides are the reasons I'm choosing those as my methods. I don't care that there are trolls and scammers present... I look into the archives.

And to top it all off... I miss that old SanctionedSuicide subreddit, where we had the OG mods. Those were the days where it feels like home. Not to say this place isn't good too. But, yeah... nothing's the same as it once was.

View attachment 51278View attachment 51279
We have entertaining threads here too. :wink:
The "Might is Right" dude?

Reactions: Deleted member 19654, puppy9 and DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
That's why we're here.

Don't bring up your 8 chan teat here. WTF? You just trying to trigger people now. Stop being an asshole and think of how others have been affected by 8chan. Threats of violence. People telling you to KYS. The fucken racism and facism.

You miss that shit? WTF are you here then? I'm sure you can find a just as despicable website to thirst on.

Did you not just hear what I said? I'm not trying to trigger anyone. My point is, that each of these suicide forums has its own area of information that others do not. SS by itself has its own area of information, but it's missing a lot of things that 8chan and ASM has. And same goes for the other two sites individually. However, when you look into all the sites together, it's more unified and complete. Like a trinity.
We have entertaining threads here too. :wink:

I won't disagree. There are indeed some.

Reactions: Hennessy, Deleted member 94, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
That's why we're here.

Cool it off a bit, no need to attack the OP. You are "triggering" me with this meltdown and hostility directed at the OP.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: potatocube, Hennessy, Deleted member 94 and 14 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I'm sorry to all the addicts that I've offended with my comments about addiction tonight. But you my friend need must be smoking some of the good stuff and are too selfish to share appropriate empathy. Take a fucken hint.

Trinity? Associate with mass murderers? Yeah...exactly...

Heck, bring back the PDP meme if you're going to mention 8chan! That won't hurt anyone either, right? AMIRITE?
You seem angry. I guess this site should also be shut down since there were a few scammers and predators operating here, and the site is pro-choice, therefore evil because it informs people about different methods for commiting suicide.

Reactions: Hennessy, demuic, VisionsOfHell and 5 others
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
You seem angry. I guess this site should also be shut down since there were a few scammers and predators operating here, and the site is pro-choice, therefore evil because it informs people about different methods for commiting suicide.

Equivocating Sanctioned Suicide to 8chan is a huge disservice to all of us.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious, shay23 and Deleted member 23586
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Equivocating Sanctioned Suicide to 8chan is a huge disservice to all of us.

Having insults-filled meltdowns directed at other users is an even bigger disservice to this community.

Reactions: Hennessy, Deleted member 94, reticen and 12 others
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I'm sorry to all the addicts that I've offended with my comments about addiction tonight. But you my friend need must be smoking some of the good stuff and are too selfish to share appropriate empathy. Take a fucken hint.

Trinity? Associate with mass murderers? Yeah...exactly...

Once again, you're missing the point.
ASM and 8chan are older with more info on methods that aren't explored here. ASM by itself isn't very useful if you're trying to find newer methods like SN and night-night, and other newer methods. For that, you need 8ch and SS, but mostly the latter. If you're trying to look into plant poisons or some other stuff like exit bags or shallow water blackout, 8ch and ASM is where to look, particularly ASM archives with "Daniela" as she knows a lot about yews and cardenolides, When it comes to other methods that are miscellaneous, then 8chan has more information on that.

Individually, they're just sites with limited information. Together, they're like Spice Girls.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hennessy, clocktower, Disappointered and 1 other person
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
@coalminecanary @nixonnate32

Come join me here for some delicious food . *chomp chomp :hug:

giphy.gif
Thank you, Uncle Iroh! I was wondering when you'd get here. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and puppy9
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Well thanks for bringing up and reminding us about all the shit and truma 8chan caused with violence, threats of violence, etc, etc...

Sanctioned Sucide a contrast to that violence. Please keep that in mind.

Good luck.

• Love
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Deleted member 23586
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
8chan people make people with real suicidal thoughts like us look like a joke. They are. The reason society doesn't take our problems serous