• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Summer Child

Summer Child

-cognitive dissonance personified-
Oct 15, 2022
Weird title I know. Probably wondering what this has to do with suicide, but it's a lot for me.

I've always had trouble making and maintaining human connections. I'm very possibly autistic, I just can't do it the way everyone else does, and I'm expected to too. It's a gap that most people who are NT really won't understand. I hate how they pretend to care about you, or appear like they will try to understand you as much as you try to understand them, have tried to on a daily basis for your whole entire life. The truth is, they really won't give the same effort back, no matter how good their intentions are. I'm kind of sick of it. I don't mean badly, I don't mean to be weird, or cringe, or anything, I'm trying my best here. But one misstep and you're creepy, or trying too hard, or they get mad at you for not understanding something, and you get excluded. Doesn't matter if they're people who have claimed to be your friends for years, you will never get the same effort back. You only get empty platitudes.

But cats, cats are much easier for me to get along with. I can read them much easier, it's very easy once you learn the language and the particular cat. They don't deliberately mix their signals, they are clear about their boundaries, and, they will be direct if you do something wrong. I love cats so much. I don't get why it's so hard to interact with humans, but so easy to do so with a being I have much less in common with, species wise.

I have a cat, too. It's been the only reason I've been able to hang on this past year or so, I'm so very grateful to her for it. I'm only alive to take care of her. It's a little less lonely for me, too, when I can hang out with her at night, and I feel a bit better when she shows me her little displays of affection. I feel like I have to stay alive to protect her. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her, she's almost everything to me. I'm barely hanging on as is.

Well okay cat rant over. Thanks if you read.

m4rius

m4rius

traumatized little boy
Dec 23, 2022
I like animals in general. I have a dog and a cat.

What I admire the most from such creatures is how they're always in tune, in the present moment. They really remind you to be more aware of your senses, to be less in your head.

They can be loyal and love you unconditionally, unlike humans. There's nothing more that I could possibly ask for. I wish pet love was enough.

StarMessenger

StarMessenger

~~ Angel ~~
Feb 5, 2023
I understand that so much. Im probably autistic as well, and getting a cat has been the best thing to keep me from going insane
They're so loving, so understanding, they dont judge you for being weird...

Cats are the best

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
tumblr_nyeklx8xt11qhy6c9o2_r1_1280.gif

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I know that feeling. My connection with them was so special. Lately i dont feel attached not even to my cats i guess just too much pain

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I agree that animals like cats are certainly better than humans, to me in general the human species is just so cruel and awful, you certainly cannot trust and rely on humans and they just create more suffering. In my opinion it's certainly best to avoid other people as being around them will very often just lead to more problems.

charlotte_

charlotte_

-
Mar 12, 2023
I feel this so much. As an autistic and a fellow cat parent, I love her more than almost anything else. Even though cats don't understand us, sometimes I feel as if they are more understanding than humans. Humans can be so cruel and hurtful, but I don't think there's any moments when cats aren't cute.
A pic of my cat. Hope it makes you feel any better.
Z4083251853779 f97702ecfaf14585808baabb03646eaf

Bobert_Beniro

Bobert_Beniro

Life sucks and then you die.
Mar 14, 2023
I also love cats more than people, I think this is clear from my avatar :) All because animals do not cheat, do not set up, do not steal, do not lie, do not kill...

Reactions: rationaltake
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
A lot of people here probably relate, tbh. You can never have miscommunication with a cat, they also won't betray you or call the police on you when you vent about wanting to die.
Just better than humans in so many ways.

Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023
I know that feeling. My connection with them was so special. Lately i dont feel attached not even to my cats i guess just too much pain
I feel this. I seem to be detaching myself. I guess because I won't be with her after I ctb and I'm saying away from the pain of separation.
Hopefully this resonates with you and makes you smile
E0d762004dd143669b61860e5b5ff9ab

Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
Cats are the biggest dicks in the universe. They enjoy inconveniencing us, they disregard our schedules, hobbies, mealtimes, anything we do. In their eyes it's meaningless if it isn't an act in servitude to them. You all have Stokholms. My guy betrays me all the time, crawls onto my husband's chest and stares at me. Betrayal, of the coldest sort.
i think when we say that they love unconditionally, it's a sort of reverse-projecting. My guy, again. My guy will curl up in my hair when I'm sleeping. One morning I woke to the sounds of him puking. In. My. Hair. Poor baby. Had an upset tummy, the little dear. They're uncompromising dicks, and I love them all.

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?