• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I don't know if someone can relate to me but I kinda hate the modern world..
I mean, I carry a Smartphone with me and each time I get a messages, I just don't want to reply to it immedietly but then the people get mad/annoyed because of it.
Is this too much to just relax for one day without getting the annoying notification sound and replying to someone's message?
To be honest I would just prefer to completely disconnect from the outside world for a week without hearing people's complains but it's nearly impossible while at the same time, keeping in touch with people..

Also I kinda get some anxiety when I receive a phone call and am kinda too scared to pick it up. I don't know why this is happening but over the last 5 months I never picked up any calls. I mostly just keep staring at the screen and then google for the phone number that called me but don't call back. I don't have any friends who could call me and back then my friends just messaged me on Telegram or just send a voice message there.
When it comes to my parents, they call me via Telegram and I pick their calls each time without any problems since I know who's calling.

The funny thing is that I wish to just go back in time where I had my old Nokia phone and rarely had cellular signal. Back then it was kinda expensive to send SMS or call someone and therefore people just sent messages on paper via mail. I mean back then you paid like 2.17usd per minute and 0.77usd/SMS in my country.

Are some of you experiencing the same issue or is it just me?

g0921

g0921

Jan 18, 2020
I hate phone calls too.
Why are ppl so entitle to others personal time, I meant? they should just txt and ask if we are free for a phone call first. (unless it is the only contact they know.)

And I resent the modern world "fashion" and "trend" too....
look at those victorian dresses and suits, then our modern bodycon dresses, T-shirt and jeans :(

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I like my phone because it helps me cope and makes me feel safer as I know I can contact people if I need help. But I don't like that society is so judging, stressful, and not understanding of mental illnesses.

Like people say I'm not trying hard enough when I try super hard to get better and overcome my anxiety disorders, phobias, and depression.

But just because I'm trying doesn't mean it's going to work. Also they never cover that it doesn't work. You'll only here success stories so you feel alone when your struggling.

it's terrible.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
The internet on my phone is off by default, I only use it when I need to. I don't answer any phone calls that are not from a number in my book. I let it go to messages or not. I use a call screening app. My land line ringer is turned off. I'm not the least bit interested in social media any more. It's all shite anyway.
I had to turn it all off. I was getting harassed by junk calls, machine calls and scammers.

I was happier before the internet, when phones had a dial and made a friendly ringing sound because someone wanted to talk to you.
Just because you can make life 'easier' with technology doesn't mean you should.

L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I don't dislike the modern world in its entirety. There's so many things to consider. Some things have improved, some things have gotten more complicated/worse.

But I definitely don't like phone calls either. I use email as much as possible. And when I want to call someone I text them first to ask if they are free. Do people just call each other out of the blue? That's wild.

Last edited:
Weather

Weather

Student
Oct 18, 2020
I would love to keep modern plumbing and ditch the idea that we should always be available for other people. I agree that smartphones are the worst.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I mean, I carry a Smartphone with me and each time I get a messages, I just don't want to reply to it immedietly but then the people get mad/annoyed because of it.
Is this too much to just relax for one day without getting the annoying notification sound and replying to someone's message?
To be honest I would just prefer to completely disconnect from the outside world for a week without hearing people's complains but it's nearly impossible while at the same time, keeping in touch with people..

Also I kinda get some anxiety when I receive a phone call and am kinda too scared to pick it up. I don't know why this is happening but over the last 5 months I never picked up any calls. I mostly just keep staring at the screen and then google for the phone number that called me but don't call back. I don't have any friends who could call me and back then my friends just messaged me on Telegram or just send a voice message there.
When it comes to my parents, they call me via Telegram and I pick their calls each time without any problems since I know who's calling.

The funny thing is that I wish to just go back in time where I had my old Nokia phone and rarely had cellular signal. Back then it was kinda expensive to send SMS or call someone and therefore people just sent messages on paper via mail. I mean back then you paid like 2.17usd per minute and 0.77usd/SMS in my country.

Lunar Pyotr, No you not alone, l don't like so called smart phones either, l preferred the pre 2000 Flip Phone's, just calls and texts and the odd game like snake or Tetris! These 2020 Phone's are just a way for the authorities to keep tabs on you and Criminal Lowlifes to steal your financial data! Apps want access to all area's of your phone when they absolutely don't need them so they can sell your info on the dark Webb, which is why l have a Account l use for online buying, l order a product on a website then put that amount of funds into my special Account this keeping my Personal account private and closed to prying eyes of which their are many!!! I use this smartphone(4G) to go online like to this site and to eBay/Amazon etc, then when finished l switch it off and pick up my 25 year old Samsung Z140v flip phone to use as my daily user(2G). I dislike the modern world as it has no moral substance or standard's and hasn't done since the 1950's/60's, The moon landings,The E-Type Jaguar, And the Best of all The Concorde! Since then nothing of any worth? But the very Worst thing about today's Society is the sheeples in it, Vain useless air heads who know everything about nowt! The bods who are great at sorting out other bods lives when their own are disorganized shitpits! This Planet could be a Beautiful place but it's being destroyed by the Clone's who believe their real(alive) and systematically destroying everything our grandparents generation fought two wars for and many gave their very lives so today's dweebs can fuck it all up believing their doing the right thing, l feel so sorry for the children of tomorrow who will have to put right the crap today's Wombles did wrong!!! I won't answer 'unknown/private/withheld numbers either, if a callers not on my call-list then their Blocked and ignored! Well that's my Rant done for now! "Giggattey giggatey goo"

Attachments

• d072c237e26eae0570b115ea039cbec9.jpg
    d072c237e26eae0570b115ea039cbec9.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 7
  • thumb_oh-god-re-got-to-fart-memes-16115595.png
    thumb_oh-god-re-got-to-fart-memes-16115595.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: LunarPyotr
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I think the mobile phone is a great tool. Just as with any other tool, its value depends on how it's used. However, I have to admit that the way common people use mobile phones is shallow and alien to me.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
It's very simple mate I figured out you just need to remember whenever you're feeling low about the world REMEMBER it is orchestrated/manipulated/corruptedand just generally an evil place hence us feeling the way we do.

Reactions: LunarPyotr
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Jul 4, 2020
I think the mobile phone is a great tool. Just as with any other tool, its value depends on how it's used. However, I have to admit that the way common people use mobile phones is shallow and alien to me.
Yeah, I also like my phone but in my case I use a Linux smartphone that I pre-ordered back in January 2019.
I currently use a Librem 5 which has a hardware privacy switches and this allows me to at least disconnect from anyone in the evening.
Heck, I even have an private 34gb collection of music that I love to listen if I don't have any internet access or don't have money to pay for Spotify Premium.

But like I said, I really hate the calling feature and would just want to disconnect but when I turn off my cellular module, I can't use navigation or look up if my train will even arrive in time

HopelessBorderline

HopelessBorderline

Alive but not living
Oct 29, 2020

Nobody is obligated to reply to somebodies messages/texts within an instant.
And if they expect that from you, they can politely get fucked.
If you bumped into somebody at the supermarket, you wouldn't keep saying "hi, hello, hi, you there, hello?!?" If they didn't respond. The same thing via message. Some people are busy, distracted, or just can't be fucked today.

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Jul 4, 2020
I don't dislike the modern world in its entirety. There's so many things to consider. Some things have improved, some things have gotten more complicated/worse.
Yeah, a lot of things improved over the past 20 years. We don't need to carry big DSLR cameras if we want to take a quick picture and I really love my Jeep Liberty from 2004 with an Electric engine modification which allows me to drive for free since most EV chargers don't require any payment in my country and I don't need to pay taxes for this car.

But not everything seems to gotten so well.
For example we have phones with non-removable batteries, refrigerators don't last as long as in the early 2000*s and modern car are almost impossible to repair since manufacturers even begin to pair the car battery if you have the "start / stop" technology.
Nobody is obligated to reply to somebodies messages/texts within an instant.
And if they expect that from you, they can politely get fucked.
If you bumped into somebody at the supermarket, you wouldn't keep saying "hi, hello, hi, you there, hello?!?" If they didn't respond. The same thing via message. Some people are busy, distracted, or just can't be fucked today.
This really depends on the country.
WhenI was in Denver(USA), people seemed to be more open but in my country you get angry looks if you talk to some stranger or even upset if some governmental institution calls and you don't answer or call back :/

Last edited:
Reiraku

Reiraku

May 5, 2020
Also I kinda get some anxiety when I receive a phone call and am kinda too scared to pick it up. I don't know why this is happening but over the last 5 months I never picked up any calls. I mostly just keep staring at the screen and then google for the phone number that called me but don't call back.
Holy shit, I do the exact same thing. :ahhha: I only got 3 contacts, my parents and a brother, which numbers I got saved as their names. Whenever a number calls I don't recognize, I do the exact same thing you described. Sometimes I find out over Google who called me, for example if it is my doctor, and when I do I call back. But if I don't, I don't.
A very easy workaround for me is to just tell everyone I don't have mobile internet, which I really don't have. It's not like I really talk with anyone while I'm around anyway and I figure I can just save a bit of money that way. When I had to do group projects, I had the same issue, people would get mad for letting them wait, but once I clarified it, they seemed rather understanding. Also, I somewhat enjoy those moments of being unavailable when I'm at work or going somewhere. Not that anyone really tries to get in contact with me anyway 99% of time.

On the other stuff, I can't stand the modern world, or rather it's people, as well. Mostly because of all this social media shit. I don't have any (besides SS if that counts), but sometimes I still get a glimpse of what's going on on for example Tik Tok or Twitter and it makes me sick.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

Oh yes, the 90s, some of us were happier and we didn't knew it. I switch of my phone sometimes when I don't wanna get bored With talking to people.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Think you got it bad, look back in time and see the brick we had to carry around, lol, but I agree with many, life was more peaceful before they became mainstream.

Mobile phones   Copy

Cheers

Geo