• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BrainShower

BrainShower

Tiny storm
Nov 7, 2023
Well.. religion has made me want to ctb more than anything else.
But having said that ...
What ever works for you is good and don't let anyone tell you different.
Our experiences are unique and make us who we are. Nobody can or should tell you how to live your life, or die your death.

TakesOneToKnowOne

TakesOneToKnowOne

Nov 23, 2022
I am Eastern Orthodox on paper, but not religious at all. Just curious, what makes you want to convert specifically to 'Eastern Orthodox Christianity' and from what religion?

H-E-L

H-E-L

Sep 10, 2023
I am Eastern Orthodox on paper, but not religious at all. Just curious, what makes you want to convert specifically to 'Eastern Orthodox Christianity' and from what religion?
I was born catholic and raised protestant. i was introduced to Eastern Orthodox Christianity by a friend I met online, he introduced it to me as the "True Church" of Jesus and the apostles. From there I tried learning more about and as I learned more of its history and teachings, I wanted to convert.

Reactions: TakesOneToKnowOne
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
I'm spiritual now. I pray to my dear friend that doesn't exist in life anymore. It makes me feel better to think that there's an afterlife, because then I can accomplish something and make him proud I guess.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I attend a Unitarian Universalist church. It's inclusive to all religions and anyone of any belief can attend. I enjoy the rituals and sense of community. I'm stroked to attend an upcoming Winter Solstice party.

I intend to read The Bible with a liberal pastor someday to help heal my religious trauma, but there aren't many in my area. I have been reading about Buddhism however and love my tarot deck. I don't think my spiritual life will ever include a deity, nor do I think it has to.

Sivuras

Sivuras

Just one more drink...
Feb 21, 2023
While I've never been practicing and am not converted to any specific denomination, in most of my darkest hours it has been churches and mosques that have treated me with unconditional love and care. I have some vague beliefs which lean towards abrahamistic faiths and while it's small and odd, it does help me find some comfort from time to time.

P

poached

Dec 4, 2023
Church can give you a feeling of community and belonging in the world.

Faith that our suffering can be used for a greater purpose, Joseph being sold into slavery and then saving his family for example, can lend hope that our suffering isn't meaningless.

From Job we understand that we can't always know why we suffer because God's purpose is too complex for us to understand right now.
In suffering in our attempts to please God we are emulating Jesus who suffered for us.. Which reinforces the belief that the trials we face aren't meaningless suffering.

NoLightRemains

NoLightRemains

I found my light again. Namu Amida Butsu
Sep 26, 2021
Religion has been a big part of my recovery journey. I initially tried to return to my Christian roots, but I had a lot of theological and emotional problems with the religion I could not work through. After that, I looked at least at the surface level of other major world religions, but I found myself most drawn to the dharmic faiths. I have been studying and practicing Buddhism for over three months now and currently plan on doing a refuge ceremony around May if I keep attending my current temple. It has changed my worldview and I am very grateful for it. 🙏