asiht

asiht

Oct 17, 2019
I have bipolar, severe OCD, ptsd. I have 3 kids. Their other parent was abusive to me. I left the other parent some years ago. I don't have any custody of the kids. The other parent took me to court for child support and I got completely screwed. The older two kids now don't want to have anything to do with me and I don't get to see the youngest as much as I'd like.
Around the time of leaving the other parent, I fell into drug abuse (I won't say specifically what drug). It's not a physically addictive substance, but I've struggled with it off and on during those years.
In December I lost my job where I worked at the same employer for almost 20 years. (The stress from that job was unreal, and that's a whole other hellscape I won't even get into here)
I had some financial help from a family member, and also cashed out my retirement money, and then finally got on unemployment. The money will be running out soon and I haven't found a new job yet.
I'm currently at a place where I'm eating nothing but beans and ramen noodles. In the next 2 weeks I'm going to have to choose between either: rent, child support, bills, or psych meds (Most of which I've already run out of). I'm going to prioritize rent. Edit: Look at that, I even forgot to mention food in that list, like it's some kind of fucking unnecessary excess.

I've been through many different very dark time periods of my life. I've been researching suicide methods and their efficacy for a long time, because I want to make sure that ifwhen the time comes, I want to do it correctly and not become a vegetable.

As much as I love my kids, the whole thing fucking sucks and it breaks my heart. and I wish it had been different. But at this point I feel like I'm hardly anything more than a source of child support $ for them.

Things are getting very dark lately, as I possibly face homelessness if I'm not able to find work soon. Oh, and also I've basically fucked up both of my knees to where I can barely walk, I'm severely obese, my apartment is literally piled full of garbage, my bathroom smells like a catbox even though I don't even have cats. So, I can't even do manual labor type jobs or even any job that would require much standing, because of my fucked up knees. I have not been able to take care of myself during these months after I got fired.

Is it wrong of me to CTB?

I feel like... If I hold on, things *may* get better. But they always will get worse, and then better, ad infinitum. I'm not sure I can hold on much longer. Is it selfish to CTB? Is it somehow righteous for me to continue living a life of misery just so their other parent doesn't have to work as hard to earn $, or on some freak chance that they will someday want to re-form a relationship with me?

Fuck everything, I'm getting very tired.

-a

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: landslide2, alienfreak, Rev346 and 2 others
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
The truth is, no one can answer this question for you. Of course, one could argue that once you gave birth, you're kind of responsible for your offspring. But in the end, it's your life…

Reactions: F@#$, alienfreak, davidtorez and 2 others
depressedstupidgirl

depressedstupidgirl

Sep 24, 2024
I have bipolar, severe OCD, ptsd. I have 3 kids. Their other parent was abusive to me. I left the other parent some years ago. I don't have any custody of the kids. The other parent took me to court for child support and I got completely screwed. The older two kids now don't want to have anything to do with me and I don't get to see the youngest as much as I'd like.
Around the time of leaving the other parent, I fell into drug abuse (I won't say specifically what drug). It's not a physically addictive substance, but I've struggled with it off and on during those years.
In December I lost my job where I worked at the same employer for almost 20 years. (The stress from that job was unreal, and that's a whole other hellscape I won't even get into here)
I had some financial help from a family member, and also cashed out my retirement money, and then finally got on unemployment. The money will be running out soon and I haven't found a new job yet.
I'm currently at a place where I'm eating nothing but beans and ramen noodles. In the next 2 weeks I'm going to have to choose between either: rent, child support, bills, or psych meds (Most of which I've already run out of). I'm going to prioritize rent. Edit: Look at that, I even forgot to mention food in that list, like it's some kind of fucking unnecessary excess.

I've been through many different very dark time periods of my life. I've been researching suicide methods and their efficacy for a long time, because I want to make sure that ifwhen the time comes, I want to do it correctly and not become a vegetable.

As much as I love my kids, the whole thing fucking sucks and it breaks my heart. and I wish it had been different. But at this point I feel like I'm hardly anything more than a source of child support $ for them.

Things are getting very dark lately, as I possibly face homelessness if I'm not able to find work soon. Oh, and also I've basically fucked up both of my knees to where I can barely walk, I'm severely obese, my apartment is literally piled full of garbage, my bathroom smells like a catbox even though I don't even have cats. So, I can't even do manual labor type jobs or even any job that would require much standing, because of my fucked up knees. I have not been able to take care of myself during these months after I got fired.

Is it wrong of me to CTB?

I feel like... If I hold on, things *may* get better. But they always will get worse, and then better, ad infinitum. I'm not sure I can hold on much longer. Is it selfish to CTB? Is it somehow righteous for me to continue living a life of misery just so their other parent doesn't have to work as hard to earn $, or on some freak chance that they will someday want to re-form a relationship with me?

Fuck everything, I'm getting very tired.

-a
yes absolutely you chose to have them …

Reactions: alienfreak, divinemistress36 and davidtorez
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
My immediate reply would be that's a very selfish move . But upon thinking about it more , the main issue i would have is the age of your children ? Are they independent adults or dependant on you?

Kiiiishore

Kiiiishore

ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥ
Mar 2, 2024
It's selfish to have kids just to fulfill your own needs if you can't actually take care of them. And now you're thinking about CTB
Sorry but if you don't have capability then why did you bring innocent souls into this hell

alienfreak

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
it's your life. I respect everyone's right to do it. I also don't blame you for your situation; I bet if you truly had free will you would not have wished upon it. The chain of chaotic causation that created the situation goes far beyond you as an individual. It's not like you chose to be born with bipolar and ptsd, and so on.
Perhaps if you could appreciate this point of view and feel a sense of acceptance you would feel a bit better, be able to function a bit better and find a path forward

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: asiht
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Do what tho wilt shall be the whole of the law.

Rockman

Rockman

Experienced
Feb 9, 2020
If your partner was abusive to you do you think she will be nice to your kids?

For me it's not ethical to catapult yourself out of the shit you created, let the children in, leaving them in their own shit. What for you made them, then?
If you were alone this wouldn't be a problem.
Unfortunately it is ethical to suffer 4 shitty lives now. Probably they repeat whole process.
Enjoy.