• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
tw: selfharm and anorexia

so if you don't know i am in a long-term psychiatric facility to try and treat my BPD and unwavering suicidality.
i slit my arm open and it felt good to feel some pain. it wasn't that deep, only to the fat layer which is my regular cut depth so i wasn't worried. part of me hoped i would bleed out so stupidly i did not put anything over it to stop the bleeding.
now, one thing about the psych ward is that it's an anorexic nightmare. the food is shit and the staff make you eat, otherwise they just forcibly tube you.
some more context: i am under the mental health act so i cannot deny treatment. which sucks.
anyways, while i was just running it under the sink and letting it bleed they called dinner. as an anorexic i have to go because i have no desire to be tubed. so, i pulled on a jumper and went to sit at a table; i can't eat in my room because anorexia.
i was there for about 30 minutes because i struggle with eating, obviously. that's when a staff member asked me to give her my arm. i froze and looked down. i think my heart stopped. i had bled through my jumper.
i refused and went to stand up. she told me i better not go anyway and to show her my arm. listen, i can get very very angry so i started yelling that i just wanted to go home and die and to just let me die etc etc. she then called security on me.
obviously i grabbed my pumpkin soup because what else is a mentally ill woman to do, and when security came i threw it at them.
it was very funny for a spilt second until they tackled me to the floor where i hit my head and held me down. i was screaming and they tied me up with restraints and dragged me to a treatment room.
yeah, i mean dragged.
like across the fucking floor by my legs.
what the fuck.
then they tied me to a treating bed. a nurse came in and pulled down my pants. in front of security which was three fucking men. and then she pulled down my underwear. i have explicity told the staff i have sexual trauma. she could have asked them to look away. i was fucking restrained and bruised.
what the fuck is wrong with people. she then sedated me in the butt.
fucking embarassing.
when i woke up i was in seclusion which was literally just a mattress in a white room. like what you think of an asylum. i was stitched up. i started crying and a nurse yelled through the door that if i didnt calm down she would sedate me again. so obviously i shut up.
anyways. yeah. please don't let this discourage you from seeking help but fuck the mental health system, fuck that nurse, fuck security and fuck my life.
and they wonder why im suicidal.
sorry for venting i just needed to get it off my chest.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm really sorry what you have to endure in this psych ward it sound slike pure torture that nobobdy would ever acceot for animals. It's such a shame what humans doto other humans who are just not like the majority and who ma yonly wnat to leave thuis world to be finally reliefed from their personal agony and pain. Venting is fine and you can do as much venting here as you wish and that is good. I wish I could helpyou getting out of this horrible place. "normal humans" suck. They cause so much pain to other conspecifics. It makes me so angry. I hope you can find peace somehow and I wish you all the best to ber able to leave this place fo horror asap!

Reactions: LifeIsCrazy
sulli

sulli

Student
Jan 25, 2023
i've had the impulse to self harm badly enough to have to go to the hospital all night 😢 kinda passively doing the same with the starvation though i suppose

Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023

so if you don't know i am in a long-term psychiatric facility to try and treat my BPD and unwavering suicidality.
i slit my arm open and it felt good to feel some pain. it wasn't that deep, only to the fat layer which is my regular cut depth so i wasn't worried. part of me hoped i would bleed out so stupidly i did not put anything over it to stop the bleeding.
now, one thing about the psych ward is that it's an anorexic nightmare. the food is shit and the staff make you eat, otherwise they just forcibly tube you.
some more context: i am under the mental health act so i cannot deny treatment. which sucks.
anyways, while i was just running it under the sink and letting it bleed they called dinner. as an anorexic i have to go because i have no desire to be tubed. so, i pulled on a jumper and went to sit at a table; i can't eat in my room because anorexia.
i was there for about 30 minutes because i struggle with eating, obviously. that's when a staff member asked me to give her my arm. i froze and looked down. i think my heart stopped. i had bled through my jumper.
i refused and went to stand up. she told me i better not go anyway and to show her my arm. listen, i can get very very angry so i started yelling that i just wanted to go home and die and to just let me die etc etc. she then called security on me.
obviously i grabbed my pumpkin soup because what else is a mentally ill woman to do, and when security came i threw it at them.
it was very funny for a spilt second until they tackled me to the floor where i hit my head and held me down. i was screaming and they tied me up with restraints and dragged me to a treatment room.
yeah, i mean dragged.
what the fuck.
then they tied me to a treating bed. a nurse came in and pulled down my pants. in front of security which was three fucking men. and then she pulled down my underwear. i have explicity told the staff i have sexual trauma. she could have asked them to look away. i was fucking restrained and bruised.
fucking embarassing.
when i woke up i was in seclusion which was literally just a mattress in a white room. like what you think of an asylum. i was stitched up. i started crying and a nurse yelled through the door that if i didnt calm down she would sedate me again. so obviously i shut up.
anyways. yeah. please don't let this discourage you from seeking help but fuck the mental health system, fuck that nurse, fuck security and fuck my life.
what the fuck this is horrifying
how is this legal
this is literally sexual assault, kidnapping and torture
did you go into the ward voluntarily or were you thrown in
how long do you think youre staying there

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Holy shit, throwing pumpkin soup at the guards! 😂 Well, you're a badass

It's involuntary (despite you hurting no one else), and they could EASILY do tiny things to preempt these problems. What dummies

astral-mind

astral-mind

Antinatalist, Nitschke-ist
Jun 2, 2023
Psych wards are prisons. We pretend like they're so much better than the mental asylums of history, and objectively they probably are, but then you hear stories like this. A vulnerable person stripped of dignity, imprisoned, under constant surveillance, sedated, controlled, medicated...this is not a humane way to treat someone struggling with life. I would feel the exact same way OP and I believe your anger and frustration is rational. Sometimes the best way is just to comply and bullshit your way out of there and get discharged, but that's easier said than done when they're controlling and torturing you.

What kind of "mental health treatment" is this? 😤

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I'm so sorry you went through this. I've had a very similar experience in a mental health ward, involving being picked up, restrained to the ground, and security dragging me across the unit with my chest exposed and then having my pants ripped off in a room full of people. My experience is similar down to getting a shot in my butt before they locked me in a seclusion room and told me I couldn't leave until I calmed down. The entire experience is so dehumanizing and makes you feel crazy. No one deserves to go through that. Just remember that they are the ones who handled the situation wrong, not you. You are there because you are struggling and are supposed to be receiving help, that's on them for giving you trauma instead.

Vivacious_Vee

Vivacious_Vee

Jun 17, 2023

yeah, i mean dragged.
what the fuck.
fucking embarassing.
Bastards, over privileged bastards! I see you and I am so sorry... Soooo sorry.... How dare the nurse do that, traumatise you even more??? Do they do this to trigger you into kicking off even more? Bastards, evil bastards.

That nurse is sick, so sick, and a wrong un.... Do they really enjoy being bullies??? FFS, fuming here. Oh whats your job, oh well, I cause as much trauma to already traumatised humans.

Help? The only help I need is finding the right bus to catch! But need to post more before can search....|
So wasnt psychiatry invented from abusing babies? Taking notes, then doing it again over and over to babies, sick bastards...... I was shocked too! When you find the true history, it brakes you.

Last edited:
F

Fox of June

Jun 12, 2023
Staff at the psych hospital I attended many years ago were terrible too, so it is no surprise to see that place regularly feature in the news for all kinds of controversies and reprimands due to outright failures of duty and care. Even the stories that other patients there told me about their encounters with staff over the years was quite upsetting.

SmoolPepe

SmoolPepe

May 30, 2023
Psych wards are prisons. We pretend like they're so much better than the mental asylums of history, and objectively they probably are, but then you hear stories like this. A vulnerable person stripped of dignity, imprisoned, under constant surveillance, sedated, controlled, medicated...this is not a humane way to treat someone struggling with life. I would feel the exact same way OP and I believe your anger and frustration is rational. Sometimes the best way is just to comply and bullshit your way out of there and get discharged, but that's easier said than done when they're controlling and torturing you.

I completely agree with this, the moment youre in a psych ward your word has no value anymore. Youre not even a person anymore, just a patient stripped of any dignity and humanity, youre something to be treated and fixed. Everything is in the hands of the mental health care "professionals" and they dictate whatever they deem necessary when it comes to the treatment of the patients.
And there is not a thing you can do. How can a person admitted to a psych ward that is labeled "crazy" or "mentally unfit" or whatever fancy term there is ever get out of this situation? I just dont see how, because no matter what you say in that regard, it doesnt matter... youre just crazy or mentally unfit until whatever psychiatrist wakes up in a good mood one day and decides youre fully rehabilitated and youre free to go.
In my opinion these institutions are just barbaric and rely on science as much as astrology does, baffling we still have them in 2023 and people truthfully believe they help people in need.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds so horrific, psych wards really are just torture prisons, it's inhumane forcing people to suffer in there.

AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
Fuck that's awful. The psychiatric staff at the involuntary inpatient stuff I've been to have mostly been kind... I guess it's just luck of the draw. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
I don't think I even have words for this,.. I don't normally get angry, but things like this make me wish the very depths of hell upon those people.

Like 1. it's a place for sick people, people who already struggle enough with their lives, people that need help.
Instead they get abused, stripped of human rights and dignity, treated worse than animals.
I can't even begin to describe how much I despise trash like those who are doing those things to you.
Imo they are the ones who are mentally ill, how fucked up do you need to be to do such inhumane things to anyone??

2. This kind of thing is just so utterly stupid, they use force against you, naturally you fight back, they take that as proof that you're crazy and overwhelm you with more force and sedatives.
ANY NORMAL PERSON would start fighting back when they're forced to something.
I never want to hurt anyone and I feel really bad if anyone suffers any pain because of me, but heck if anyone was trying to hold me against my will I'd do anything to hurt them as much as I possibly could.

They probably never thought about calmly saying "come I'll bandage that for you" instead of immediately using force, treating you like some sort of wild beast.

Reactions: imlookingforward
HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
I know it is mental torture and just another thing society hides, I hate it how so much pain exist but society pretends it doesn't happen

Strawberry_Clouds

Strawberry_Clouds

( = ⩊ = )
Jun 17, 2023
I wish I could help you, I wish I could get you out. If you ever need to talk about it again, we'll be here for you

• Love
Reactions: NoLoveNoHope
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
I'm really sorry what you have to endure in this psych ward it sound slike pure torture that nobobdy would ever acceot for animals. It's such a shame what humans doto other humans who are just not like the majority and who ma yonly wnat to leave thuis world to be finally reliefed from their personal agony and pain. Venting is fine and you can do as much venting here as you wish and that is good. I wish I could helpyou getting out of this horrible place. "normal humans" suck. They cause so much pain to other conspecifics. It makes me so angry. I hope you can find peace somehow and I wish you all the best to ber able to leave this place fo horror asap!
it's so bad. im in there for being mentally ill but as soon as i act mentally ill it's a problem? makes no sense.
i've had the impulse to self harm badly enough to have to go to the hospital all night 😢 kinda passively doing the same with the starvation though i suppose
be careful my love.
That is so dehumanizing and cruel. I hope you can get out soon.
thankyou love.
what the fuck this is horrifying
how is this legal
this is literally sexual assault, kidnapping and torture
did you go into the ward voluntarily or were you thrown in
how long do you think youre staying there
i know it's fucking bullshit. im involuntary and i'll probably be here for at least 6 months unfortunately.
Holy shit, throwing pumpkin soup at the guards! 😂 Well, you're a badass

It's involuntary (despite you hurting no one else), and they could EASILY do tiny things to preempt these problems. What dummies
it was really really funny seeing their expressions for a second. i defintely don't regret that.
Omg I didn't know you were going through all of this... I really wish I could take you out of that nightmare and give you a tight hug ❤️ 🤗
I can't understand how is that supposed to help...
it's not. i stay safe. but never get better. thankyou love that means a lot.
wtf, did psychiatry not evolve since 19th century..? this is unacceptable. I hope you'll be able to leave this nightmare soon
thankyou, and no i suppose it hasn't evolved.
im so so sorry for what u went through. this sounds medieval and sadly we were all born way too early for anything to have changed. these people are barbaric
i hope one day those who are mentally ill are not treated as prisoners and lab rats.

unfortunately my BPD makes it verrrrrrrrry hard to comply because my mood swings are really intense and it only takes a few sentences of crap for me to fire off. agreed about the prison aspect, im a person not a number.
I'm so sorry you went through this. I've had a very similar experience in a mental health ward, involving being picked up, restrained to the ground, and security dragging me across the unit with my chest exposed and then having my pants ripped off in a room full of people. My experience is similar down to getting a shot in my butt before they locked me in a seclusion room and told me I couldn't leave until I calmed down. The entire experience is so dehumanizing and makes you feel crazy. No one deserves to go through that. Just remember that they are the ones who handled the situation wrong, not you. You are there because you are struggling and are supposed to be receiving help, that's on them for giving you trauma instead.
oh my gosh love, i am so very sorry you went through that. im glad im not alone though. instituitional abuse is absolutely horrific.
Bastards, over privileged bastards! I see you and I am so sorry... Soooo sorry.... How dare the nurse do that, traumatise you even more??? Do they do this to trigger you into kicking off even more? Bastards, evil bastards.

That nurse is sick, so sick, and a wrong un.... Do they really enjoy being bullies??? FFS, fuming here. Oh whats your job, oh well, I cause as much trauma to already traumatised humans.

Help? The only help I need is finding the right bus to catch! But need to post more before can search....|
So wasnt psychiatry invented from abusing babies? Taking notes, then doing it again over and over to babies, sick bastards...... I was shocked too! When you find the true history, it brakes you.
that particular nurse is a fucking bitch. i think she enjoys the sick power trip she gets from this.
Staff at the psych hospital I attended many years ago were terrible too, so it is no surprise to see that place regularly feature in the news for all kinds of controversies and reprimands due to outright failures of duty and care. Even the stories that other patients there told me about their encounters with staff over the years was quite upsetting.
yep. i've been to good wards but this one is not one of them.
I completely agree with this, the moment youre in a psych ward your word has no value anymore. Youre not even a person anymore, just a patient stripped of any dignity and humanity, youre something to be treated and fixed. Everything is in the hands of the mental health care "professionals" and they dictate whatever they deem necessary when it comes to the treatment of the patients.
And there is not a thing you can do. How can a person admitted to a psych ward that is labeled "crazy" or "mentally unfit" or whatever fancy term there is ever get out of this situation? I just dont see how, because no matter what you say in that regard, it doesnt matter... youre just crazy or mentally unfit until whatever psychiatrist wakes up in a good mood one day and decides youre fully rehabilitated and youre free to go.
In my opinion these institutions are just barbaric and rely on science as much as astrology does, baffling we still have them in 2023 and people truthfully believe they help people in need.
this is pretty much how i feel. because im anorexic i surely can't feel full or vomit without purging. like im still a human? do they forget that?
That sounds so horrific, psych wards really are just torture prisons, it's inhumane forcing people to suffer in there.
agreed. sometimes they help but more times than not they just make you another victim of institutional abuse.
Fuck that's awful. The psychiatric staff at the involuntary inpatient stuff I've been to have mostly been kind... I guess it's just luck of the draw. I'm sorry that happened to you.
it really is. i've been in good ones but this has to be one of the worst.
I don't think I even have words for this,.. I don't normally get angry, but things like this make me wish the very depths of hell upon those people.

Like 1. it's a place for sick people, people who already struggle enough with their lives, people that need help.
Instead they get abused, stripped of human rights and dignity, treated worse than animals.
I can't even begin to describe how much I despise trash like those who are doing those things to you.
Imo they are the ones who are mentally ill, how fucked up do you need to be to do such inhumane things to anyone??

2. This kind of thing is just so utterly stupid, they use force against you, naturally you fight back, they take that as proof that you're crazy and overwhelm you with more force and sedatives.
ANY NORMAL PERSON would start fighting back when they're forced to something.
I never want to hurt anyone and I feel really bad if anyone suffers any pain because of me, but heck if anyone was trying to hold me against my will I'd do anything to hurt them as much as I possibly could.

They probably never thought about calmly saying "come I'll bandage that for you" instead of immediately using force, treating you like some sort of wild beast.
EXACTLY. there's a huge difference between "show me your arm" and: "could i please help you with your injury"? i probably would have said yes if they had just treated me humanely.
I know it is mental torture and just another thing society hides, I hate it how so much pain exist but society pretends it doesn't happen
yeah. stigma is shit for those who are mentally ill because when we speak out we are discredited for simply being crazy lunatics.
I wish I could help you, I wish I could get you out. If you ever need to talk about it again, we'll be here for you
that means a lot. thankyou my love.

thankyou all for the kind words and support, it really means a lot to me and im so glad i found this community. i love you all so very much and please stay safe. you are never alone <3

C

compassionexitneed

Apr 29, 2023

yeah, i mean dragged.
what the fuck.
fucking embarassing.
What country are you in ? I'm so sorry this is horrible for anyone , I hope you find your way out soon

AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
australia.
Fuck I'm from there too... I had no idea it could get so bad here. I've seen your posts in other threads and you seem like a very kind person, so I wish you the best.

Any idea on when you can leave that horrid place?

• Hugs
Reactions: cami
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
Fuck I'm from there too... I had no idea it could get so bad here. I've seen your posts in other threads and you seem like a very kind person, so I wish you the best.

Any idea on when you can leave that horrid place?
thankyou, i just wish others the best. unfortunately i will probably be here for another six months or so. shit but it is what it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
thankyou, i just wish others the best. unfortunately i will probably be here for another six months or so. shit but it is what it is.
My longest stay in a psychiatric facility was also 6 months. I understand the feeling of being trapped. It's horrible. I'm glad you feel safe venting here though.

• Hugs
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
it's so bad. im in there for being mentally ill but as soon as i act mentally ill it's a problem? makes no sense.

be careful my love.

thankyou love.

i know it's fucking bullshit. im involuntary and i'll probably be here for at least 6 months unfortunately.

it was really really funny seeing their expressions for a second. i defintely don't regret that.

it's not. i stay safe. but never get better. thankyou love that means a lot.

thankyou, and no i suppose it hasn't evolved.

i hope one day those who are mentally ill are not treated as prisoners and lab rats.

unfortunately my BPD makes it verrrrrrrrry hard to comply because my mood swings are really intense and it only takes a few sentences of crap for me to fire off. agreed about the prison aspect, im a person not a number.

oh my gosh love, i am so very sorry you went through that. im glad im not alone though. instituitional abuse is absolutely horrific.

that particular nurse is a fucking bitch. i think she enjoys the sick power trip she gets from this.

yep. i've been to good wards but this one is not one of them.

this is pretty much how i feel. because im anorexic i surely can't feel full or vomit without purging. like im still a human? do they forget that?

agreed. sometimes they help but more times than not they just make you another victim of institutional abuse.

it really is. i've been in good ones but this has to be one of the worst.

EXACTLY. there's a huge difference between "show me your arm" and: "could i please help you with your injury"? i probably would have said yes if they had just treated me humanely.

yeah. stigma is shit for those who are mentally ill because when we speak out we are discredited for simply being crazy lunatics.

that means a lot. thankyou my love.

thankyou all for the kind words and support, it really means a lot to me and im so glad i found this community. i love you all so very much and please stay safe. you are never alone <3
SIX MONTHS???? Im fucking praying for your soul, good luck...

• Hugs
S

SoftWorries

Specialist
Feb 22, 2023
I'm sending you lots of love. I really like your writing it's great.

feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
How can they treat people with mental health issues like that and then expect them to seek treatment actively. "Stop crying or I will sedate you again" what the actual fuck crying isn't hurting anybody it's just a way to let our feelings out. What does she care if u cry. I'm incredibly sorry this happened to you, wish I could help in some way but i don't think I can. Only thing I can do is to wish you to get out ASAP. Stay strong and good luck.

S

sancsuinet

<|:)
Apr 11, 2023
Horrifying, I am so sorry you had to go through that, you'd think in a place to treat mental illnesses they'd be more prepared to handle people with mental illnesses.

cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
I'm sending you lots of love. I really like your writing it's great.
thankyou <3
How can they treat people with mental health issues like that and then expect them to seek treatment actively. "Stop crying or I will sedate you again" what the actual fuck crying isn't hurting anybody it's just a way to let our feelings out. What does she care if u cry. I'm incredibly sorry this happened to you, wish I could help in some way but i don't think I can. Only thing I can do is to wish you to get out ASAP. Stay strong and good luck.
yeah the system is shit. thankyou my love, you stay strong too.
Horrifying, I am so sorry you had to go through that, you'd think in a place to treat mental illnesses they'd be more prepared to handle people with mental illnesses.
literally? like sorry im displaying symptoms?