TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Just a quick vent about my hate for this pathetic PC world including reddit I am currently looking for the right original story book of Peter Pan but moderators deleted my posts twice. Again I am looking for a BOOK! Their reason makes no sense but I am sure it was because it includes the word "kill" which actually happens in the original story but why don´t we just censor the whole fucking world. God I wanna go back to the 90´s/Early 00´s back when you could actually say and do stuff without everyone getting offended.

• Love
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, a.n.kirillov, FusRohDracarys and 17 others
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Can't stand that either, could name numerous examples, but one either sees them as such and agrees, or one doesn't. Will just stay what I am. Don't really consider myself a bad person and don't need lecturing by fanatics who, in my experience, often have a far darker mind than my own. Fuck all that bullshit.

• Love
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, LivideLamb, alexK and 4 others
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Just a quick vent about my hate for this pathetic PC world including reddit I am currently looking for the right original story book of Peter Pan but moderators deleted my posts twice. Again I am looking for a BOOK! Their reason makes no sense but I am sure it was because it includes the word "kill" which actually happens in the original story but why don´t we just censor the whole fucking world. God I wanna go back to the 90´s/Early 00´s back when you could actually say and do stuff without everyone getting offended.

View attachment 29669
One of the reasons why I about give up on people you have to be so careful what you say or how you look at them . You see these ladies in these skimpy outfits and if you happen to look at them you get call all sort of names . Dont get me wrong you should be able to dress how you like in a perfect world. But we all know this world is far from perfect world and times you have to be sensible in what you do say and dress . And take responsibility for your actions and not trying to blame every one else for any bother that comes your way.

Reactions: voyager and TheGoodGuy
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
You gotta go to the end of the 80s for the end of the pre-PC, non-offended life and work backwards, at least in the U.S. I was born in 71. And really, you need to go back to pre-Femininism and pre-60s hippie revolution. I think what you're seeking is the early Mad Men years but with the convenience of the Internet.

• Wow
Reactions: Talokin, 262653 and voyager
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
In my country they are editing out politically incorrect words from a very famous children's book written in the 1940's. (These words are considered racist slurs today, and rightly so.)

I think it's ludicrous that they edit a book written in a different social and cultural context.

But, ok, let's say we replace all rasist words. What happens next? Why not erase even politically incorrect words describing women? Why not go a step further and erase everything our modern minds deem wrong?

Why not burn everything pre-2000 in a big bonfire, like the open-minded modern people that we are?

Last edited:
Reactions: Arvinneedstodie, Talokin, FusRohDracarys and 5 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
One of the reasons why I about give up on people you have to be so careful what you say or how you look at them . You see these ladies in these skimpy outfits and if you happen to look at them you get call all sort of names . Dont get me wrong you should be able to dress how you like in a perfect world. But we all know this world is far from perfect world and times you have to be sensible in what you do say and dress . And take responsibility for your actions and not trying to blame every one else for any bother that comes your way.
This is so fucking true and I like how you turned it around like "they can dress how they want" that is the objectively opinion in society but then they shouldn´t complain about getting looks are even starred at when they walk around in skin tight clothes "to feel good about themselves" as they say at least that is their excuse which is true but there are more to it than that; why do they feel good wearing that clothes? Because it makes them feel sexy and it gives them validation, affection, adoration even but if a guy they deem unworthy of her starres for too long as you said he will be called all sorts of names which is so fucked up.

In this clip it´s summed up so perfectly in just a few seconds.
In my country they are editing out politically incorrect words from a very famous children's book written in the 1940's. (These words are considered racist slurs today, and rightly so.)

I think it's ludicrous that they edit a book written in a different social and cultural context.

But, ok, let's say we replace all rasist words. What happens next? Why not erase even politically incorrect words describing women? Why not go a step further and erase everything our modern minds deem wrong?

Why not burn everything pre-2000 in a big bonfire, like the open-minded modern people that we are?
Yeah we had that hysteria in Denmark too I can´t remember what it was about but it was a name of a childrens book and of course the same applies to the old Disney cartoons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worthless_nobody and voyager
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
This is so fucking true and I like how you turned it around like "they can dress how they want" that is the objectively opinion in society but then they shouldn´t complain about getting looks are even starred at when they walk around in skin tight clothes "to feel good about themselves" as they say at least that is their excuse which is true but there are more to it than that; why do they feel good wearing that clothes? Because it makes them feel sexy and it gives them validation, affection, adoration even but if a guy they deem unworthy of her starres for too long as you said he will be called all sorts of names which is so fucked up.

In this clip it´s summed up so perfectly in just a few seconds.

Yeah we had that hysteria in Denmark too I can´t remember what it was about but it was a name of a childrens book and of course the same applies to the old Disney cartoons.

Then you know Pippi Långstrump.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
I don't even get on Reddit. I decimated it a longgggggg time ago. PC's aren't so bad though...there like life support.

Beautiful_Disgrace

Beautiful_Disgrace

Invisible shadow
Mar 8, 2020
I hate that the internet has become so fucking moderated. I just want to be somewhere where people can say what they want. Even if there were a few shit lords who joined sites to be racist fucks at least they got put in their place by the general population. What happened to sticks and stones? Why are words from strangers on the internet so traumatic for people?

Reactions: Talokin and voyager
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Reddit is very toxic I hate it. I only use it for r/depression and other support subreddits. People are just way too bashful for no reason.

Reactions: Csmith8827
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

View attachment 29669
Reddit is hyper censored that's why I don't go on there anymore. You literally can't say anything even if it shouldn't be offensive. You are just saying an opinion not insulting other people or anything. I get that some opinions can cause a hurt feeling but I think u guys know what I mean. There's a difference between outright abusing people and sharing a view that might not agree with someone else. We all think differently and will see the world differently so you have freedom when all people are allowed to express their view as long as u are not inciting violence on people because u disagree. This is what Communism means guys. That they control what u think and there can be no expression of views the rulers don't like. This is why they burn books or take certain educational material out of circulation to control what the population has access to information wise.

Last edited:
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Reddit is hyper censored that's why I don't go on there anymore. You literally can't say anything even if it shouldn't be offensive. You are just saying an opinion not insulting other people or anything. I get that some opinions can cause a hurt feeling but I think u guys know what I mean. There's a difference between outright abusing people and sharing a view that might not agree with someone else. We all think differently and will see the world differently so you have freedom when all people are allowed to express their view as long as u are not inciting violence on people because u disagree. This is what Communism means guys. That they control what u think and there can be no expression of views the rulers don't like. This is why they burn books or take certain educational material out of circulation to control what the population has access to information wise.
I didn´t even do any of the above I was asking for a book which only hints that Peter kill the lost boys before they grow up as far as I can tell, I fucking hate modern day internet it´s too censored and too many sites now have a monopoly on a platform like Reddit is where people come for information, YouTube for various videos, Facebook, Instagram back in the day with the MySpace, VampireFreaks, Arto and early YouTube you could post literally everything there weren´t no PC police to keep their users in place and also in the Myspace days or 'Arto' as most used in Denmark but was too the HTLM layout where you could customize your profile to your liking now everything is so extremely conformist; Facebook, Instagram etc. are just a plain page where you at most can post a cover picture but not at all like you could in the early internet where you could decorate your whole profile I really miss that golden era of the internet and that isn´t solely nostalgia talking I think I have provided enough evidence to why it truly was better back then.

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Apparently there was something about Peter Pan that hints at something that is discouraged thinking lol!

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Has anybody heard how the things going with Quora? Is it censored?

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I get where you're coming from. Now a days you can't post or comment anything without it getting scrutinized and taken down. I know the aim is to prevent people from getting hurt or offended but the line has become so thin it doesn't even exist anymore.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
The fall of Reddit.com

"Well that's the end of that"

Epic....

Last edited:
Reactions: Epsilon0
Flash

Flash

Stealing your MHz
Dec 19, 2018
I feel us bro. my reddits a disaster lmao @ me, not your pain ,
you can't say anything these days everyone is extra sensitive even on Twitter Facebook any social media platform all these days, people are pasting stories that other people Roy and getting credit for themselves it's ridiculous I'm still playing around of it trying to understand the psychology behind it.

Last edited:
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I tried going on the Time to Go subreddit before when I was still an active Reddit user. I couldn't post because of the ridiculous rules that were imposed on that sub. Like, my post wasn't approved because I used the F word and that my username contained the word "throwaway".

Reactions: purplesmoothie
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
You're trying to convince us that your skin is thick enough to deal with an unmoderated platform but when a single post of yours was interfered with somewhere on the internet it sent you into such a spin that you came over here to make a thread about it. A thread filled with lazy references to 'PC' and typical parroting of how the early internet was just so dreamy. But those early communities failed to purge bad actors because to them bad actors weren't really that bad and their communities already existed in the real world with power and with their ideas already normalized. This is how we know what people actually mean when they complain about PC stuff.

• Love
Reactions: Neville1, Sabriel, kkatt and 2 others
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I don't even get on Reddit. I decimated it a longgggggg time ago. PC's aren't so bad though...there like life support.
I think PC is referring to "political correctness"

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and Flash
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
lmao reddit is one of the worst sites ever. the toxicity of the community is beyond limits. they love to feed on others suffering and make fun of it cause they have no life. many users there made fun of my suffering. then there are the mods and the moderation in general. they delete posts for no reason. nowadays i only go there to read on r/antinatalism and r/misanthropy, the only sane places from there.

Reactions: Venessolotic and purplesmoothie
deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020
lmao reddit is one of the worst sites ever. the toxicity of the community is beyond limits. they love to feed on others suffering and make fun of it cause they have no life. many users there made fun of my suffering. then there are the mods and the moderation in general. they delete posts for no reason. nowadays i only go there to read on r/antinatalism and r/misanthropy, the only sane places from there.

I used to browse r/antinatalism but then the memes and low effort posts conquered the place, it turned into "baby bad, no baby good"

Reactions: Venessolotic, WrongPlaceWrongTime, purplesmoothie and 1 other person
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
I used to browse r/antinatalism but then the memes and low effort posts conquered the place, it turned into "baby bad, no baby good"
yeah, i think it's also because antinatalism is becoming more popular. the sub is at 60k i think. back at the end of 2018 when i joined there were only 19k and many many philosophical posts. though it's not only memes on there,mainly the top posts. if you look into enough you'll find interesting posts too.

Reactions: Venessolotic and purplesmoothie
LoNatural

LoNatural

Dogpill Theorist.
Sep 27, 2018
Normies are celebrating this dystopian future, They'll get what they deserve in the end don't worry, once you give the government power there is no turning back.

Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
PC is derogatory term .

Politically correct =
  • Politics = public affairs
  • Correct = just & fair

So there's nothing wrong with public affairs being just & fair :wink:

This wasn't just about language, censorship, and expression or words -- but actual practical policies. Sadly those weren't implemented well or weren't tolerated by racists/etc. The dissonance between language and reality became a mockery and finally disparaging.

As time passed by it has become a derogatory term for changing one's behaviour ingenuinely or not for a worthy cause/reason. This was intentionally perpatrated by well organized campaigns, focusing and exaggerating the faults of modern society. There were people working maticulously on how to psychologically make that term/idea abhorrent to people.

Politically correct =
  • Politics = self-abosrbed
  • Correct = change quickly
As time passed by and some people fighting for equality, which is a worthy cause, obsessed about the looks and appearances, sometimes rightly so but other times with rage. that term had become even worse in its meaning, at times even empty; bit hyperrealistic .

I wouldn't support suicide or 'dark content' being readily available to the public; I can't blame content and I don't like censoreship but people are really stupid. #DrinkBleach

deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020
yeah, i think it's also because antinatalism is becoming more popular. the sub is at 60k i think. back at the end of 2018 when i joined there were only 19k and many many philosophical posts. though it's not only memes on there,mainly the top posts. if you look into enough you'll find interesting posts too.

I agree. There were some good philosophical post out there, I even participated quite often, but in the end I got tired of it...

Reactions: Venessolotic
torturedbylife

torturedbylife

Enemy of the world
May 2, 2020
I agree. There were some good philosophical post out there, I even participated quite often, but in the end I got tired of it...
I wanted to leave too after I saw some misogynistic comments on there but then I realized it's the only active antinatalist community out there...

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018

View attachment 29669
I do some occasional transcribing for Reddit.
If a post is deleted,a moderator will almost always leave a message in your inbox,explaining the reason why.
How unfortunate that you can't find what you need. Ask the moderator and they may suggest another sub.

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Couldn't agree more, I'm sick to the back teeth of being moderated in places, or having posts removed, for things I wouldn't even class as slightly offensive to anyone. It's gone too far now, I hope a real world pandemic has woken up some of the pansies that think it's so damn important we refer to them as they because they identify as a Carrot. I have no problem with anyone's choices in life, it's when they try and dictate how everyone else should behave that boils my piss. You can't move now for someone being offended by something trivial someone else has said. Sit them down to watch an Eddie Murphy stand up from the 80s, they'd likely find 99% of it highly offensive, yet people then took it for what it was, comedy.

Reddit
The BBC
Redcafe
Quora. 4 places I've been moderated on in 24 hours, not one of them was justified. We've descended into a society that's so quick to make sure nobody is offended, we don't even question the content, it's just removed in case you upset some 2ft tall, green skinned vegan transgender elf that calls themselves EckyEcky. Grow a backbone ffs. I welcome people ripping the piss out of me, the banter is part and parcel of being a bloke yet I've seen grown men get pissy over someone using the wrong pronoun towards them when they're built like brick shithouse and have a dirty great beard. Who really gives a fuck, pretend you're a teapot for all I care, just don't expect me to magically know you're a teapot if I've never met you.

The problem with some folk is they've never experienced real problems, never gone through poverty or grief or loss or homelessness, so they scout around online finding things to wave their SJW flag towards. The people that fought for genuine equality, the ones that went through Hell to be treat equally are probably ashamed of them all.

Reactions: Skathon and TheGoodGuy