• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
I had been taking Sertraline for several months with no improvement. It wasn't until December when I stopped this medication and started taking Mirtazapine in very low doses.
It seemed like Mirtazapine had worked; I no longer had thoughts about CTB, and I no longer felt the need to be here. On the other hand, I quit my addiction to inhalants and started doing "productive" things to see if I could feel better, like eating healthy, exercising every day, and studying something I like on the internet.

Everything seemed normal, but I started feeling bad again when I increased my dose. Since I increased my dose, I've had nightmares every day. Every damn day, I started having unpleasant dreams where I felt abandoned, bullied, or was in a shootout. I even started having wet dreams, which became even more bothersome.
It was then that I had to stop taking this medication because it wasn't normal for me to have all these kinds of dreams every day. However, since I stopped taking antidepressants, I start to feel bad again.

Seriously, I don't know why medications seem to work, but in the end, one returns with the same negative thoughts.
No matter what productive things I do, whether I exercise or eat well, those intrusive thoughts never get out of my head

I'm currently at a point where I have stopped being NEET and now have a job. It seems like progress, but I really doubt if it will help me mentally because I will have to work all night, 48 hours a week, and with a salary that I highly doubt will be good enough to not need a college degree.

On the other hand, in addition to antidepressants, I take extended-release Methylphenidate supposedly to treat my ADHD, but it seems that no matter how many months I take this medication, I can't see what this medication really does. I have always been bad at following instructions, I still have disorganized thoughts, and this medication only makes me feel somewhat "motivated" during the morning. The problem here is that this medication makes me feel anxious and worried all afternoon, which makes me think that this medication is useless. This, plus not taking antidepressants, brings me back to the same point I was months ago. Maybe work and earning some money will take some weight off my shoulders, but surely this will be temporary.

How I wish I could feel well without the need for medication...

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
question: why didn't you keep the mirtazapine at a lower dose if it was working for you at that dose? it's the only med helping me at the moment. Still pretty low but less low that I am without it.

For all of us with faulty brains we should feel lucky that there is medication to try. i just wish the medication worked better and didn't have the side effects.

K-β

K-β

endlessly roaming across cyberspace
Mar 12, 2024
I had been taking Sertraline for several months with no improvement. It wasn't until December when I stopped this medication and started taking Mirtazapine in very low doses.
It seemed like Mirtazapine had worked; I no longer had thoughts about CTB, and I no longer felt the need to be here. On the other hand, I quit my addiction to inhalants and started doing "productive" things to see if I could feel better, like eating healthy, exercising every day, and studying something I like on the internet.

Everything seemed normal, but I started feeling bad again when I increased my dose. Since I increased my dose, I've had nightmares every day. Every damn day, I started having unpleasant dreams where I felt abandoned, bullied, or was in a shootout. I even started having wet dreams, which became even more bothersome.
It was then that I had to stop taking this medication because it wasn't normal for me to have all these kinds of dreams every day. However, since I stopped taking antidepressants, I start to feel bad again.

Seriously, I don't know why medications seem to work, but in the end, one returns with the same negative thoughts.
No matter what productive things I do, whether I exercise or eat well, those intrusive thoughts never get out of my head

I'm currently at a point where I have stopped being NEET and now have a job. It seems like progress, but I really doubt if it will help me mentally because I will have to work all night, 48 hours a week, and with a salary that I highly doubt will be good enough to not need a college degree.

On the other hand, in addition to antidepressants, I take extended-release Methylphenidate supposedly to treat my ADHD, but it seems that no matter how many months I take this medication, I can't see what this medication really does. I have always been bad at following instructions, I still have disorganized thoughts, and this medication only makes me feel somewhat "motivated" during the morning. The problem here is that this medication makes me feel anxious and worried all afternoon, which makes me think that this medication is useless. This, plus not taking antidepressants, brings me back to the same point I was months ago. Maybe work and earning some money will take some weight off my shoulders, but surely this will be temporary.

How I wish I could feel well without the need for medication...
i feel you. i have been taking sertraline for a good week or so after breaking down in front of a doctor. obviously it's supposed to take weeks to kick in, but i've also been taking take-as-needed hydroxyzine for anxiety episodes, and though it works it is effectively just a sleeping pill that numbs my brain so i can't think anxious thoughts anymore. the more i think about that fact the more it messes with me, the fact i need my entire brain to be shut off just to not feel like i'm actively going insane.

i wish i had been taking these medications for longer so i could proper advice with dealing with these feelings, but unfortunately i haven't. you have my sympathy.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Maybe try Amphetamine or Lisdexamfetamine?

Reactions: ClaudeCTTE
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
question: why didn't you keep the mirtazapine at a lower dose if it was working for you at that dose? it's the only med helping me at the moment. Still pretty low but less low that I am without it.
My psychiatrist asked me to stop taking the medication because he wanted to see if I stopped having nightmares. After seeing that I no longer suffered from nightmares, he asked me to stop taking the medication indefinitely.

At the moment, I don't know if he's going to prescribe another medication.
While the medication worked for me at low doses, I had doubts about other effects, as I felt that the medication made me too drowsy, and honestly, it doesn't help me to be drowsy during the nights since I usually work all night and sleep during the day.

M

MrShino

Student
Jul 8, 2021
'Everything seemed normal, but I started feeling bad again when I increased my dose. Since I increased my dose, I've had nightmares every day. '

Why did you increase the dose when it was going well, and why don't you return to the previous dose that worked?

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Maybe try Amphetamine or Lisdexamfetamine?
As a replacement for Methylphenidate, I'm not sure how much they will help me. Surely taking amphetamines would take even more money from my wallet.

I've talked to my psychiatrist about Methylphenidate, since I work at night, I have to sleep during the day and the medication keeps me awake. However, he hasn't said anything to me, and I have to wait a few weeks to be able to speak with him personally :/

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
As a replacement for Methylphenidate, I'm not sure how much they will help me. Surely taking amphetamines would take even more money from my wallet.

I've talked to my psychiatrist about Methylphenidate, since I work at night, I have to sleep during the day and the medication keeps me awake. However, he hasn't said anything to me, and I have to wait a few weeks to be able to speak with him personally :/
Most people either respond to methylphenidate or amphetamine. Is there adderall or vyvanse in your country?

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Why did you increase the dose when it was going well, and why don't you return to the previous dose that worked?
This is what my psychiatrist told me. He asks me not to try to take the medications as I please, as according to him, "my treatment wouldn't work well", so I must follow his instructions.

The dose that worked for me was 7.5 mg, and the dose that caused nightmares was 15 mg. According to him, I should take the full pill (30 mg), but as I said, I can't manipulate the dose at my own will and I have to wait several days to see which medication I should take.

Reactions: MrShino
M

MrShino

Student
Jul 8, 2021
This is what my psychiatrist told me. He asks me not to try to take the medications as I please, as according to him, "my treatment wouldn't work well", so I must follow his instructions.

The dose that worked for me was 7.5 mg, and the dose that caused nightmares was 15 mg. According to him, I should take the full pill (30 mg), but as I said, I can't manipulate the dose at my own will and I have to wait several days to see which medication I should take.

I understand, it's best to listen to the psychatrist I guess. But you should perhaps ask him about it and say that it worked well on the previous dose if you haven't already. Best of luck, hope you the very best in your recovery!

• Hugs
ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
Most people either respond to methylphenidate or amphetamine. Is there adderall or vyvanse in your country?
Probably yes. Although it also depends a lot on where I live. Since living in a small town, it's harder to find medications compared to getting them in a big city. I could say that ironically it's easier to find Methamphetamine (Crystal Meth) than amphetamines at a pharmacy in my town lol.

I really don't know if even the brand of the medications influences whether they are effective, since when it comes to methylphenidate, I don't take Ritalin or Concerta, but a random brand that costs half of those medications and my psychiatrist assures me it's a "good brand".

Reactions: sserafim
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019

here's what i'd do....

Go back on the 30 mg with your psychiatrist but secretly at home use a pill cutter and a weighing scale to make it 7.5 mg. You can totally cut mirtazapine and it will be absolutely fine.

We know better than psychiatrists sometimes - and you know what works for you.

There are people on the mirtazapine FB group on a lower dose than 7.5 mg.