• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
Not that being at work fully helps me but I guess I can pretend and act really busy and be occupied.

my free time used to be a pleasure and now it stresses me out because it gives me more time to focus on my physical and mental health.

I really want to get better. I just feel im fighting a battle already lost. The 5 stages of grief happens to me everyday.

today I feel like curling up and admitting defeat. I might be slightly better later on.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
It can sometimes be helpful to have a variety of non-work options. One can even have a money making hobby such as wood carving to sell on ebay. These activities can help fill the hours at home and provide a distraction.

You might try experimenting to see what activties both draw you in as well a lift your spirits. For example, you might try to come up with plot ideas for stories and email writers to see if any are interested or you could write them up yourself.

If you are spent emotionally, you may need to just veg out with entertainment until you can recharge a little.

deepinlimbo

deepinlimbo

I want to Insert something profound here
May 30, 2021
It can sometimes be helpful to have a variety of non-work options. One can even have a money making hobby such as wood carving to sell on ebay. These activities can help fill the hours at home and provide a distraction.

You might try experimenting to see what activties both draw you in as well a lift your spirits. For example, you might try to come up with plot ideas for stories and email writers to see if any are interested or you could write them up yourself.

If you are spent emotionally, you may need to just veg out with entertainment until you can recharge a little.
Thankyou :) I've treen stuff to help. I know doesn't erase my issues but it keeps me occupied I guess. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Reactions: Huntfish34
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can relate.
I had become a NEET for 3 years and neither working nor studying, apart from making me feel a loser, just got me more depressed and suicidal.

Now, I'm less suicidal thanks to my work, you all, and all the other online relationships I have.

hhanako

hhanako

Jun 4, 2021
I relate to this. Work/university keeps me preoccupied and prevents my mind from wandering about my life and my mental health issues. The lack of it makes me restless and anxious for the whole day. I wish you the best with finding things that help you during your free time. It's a hard, rough road looking for what works.

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
Fucking relate hard to this. Although at times depression is seeping into my workday as well. Usually my mood when I'm at my job is 50% better than when I'm at home. At home and not busy with things I have time to ruminate and over analyze.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It is understandable. When I used to be in education, I used to feel like that. Because it was something I had to do, I felt like I had a purpose even know I struggled with it. When I had free time then, I felt quite empty. It's just having a distraction stops us from overthinking.