• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I wish I could recover again but I don't see that it's possible anymore.

I looked up "Why can't I kill myself?" on Google earlier because that's something I struggle with. Of course I mostly got pro-life bullshit and useless "resources" like helplines. I expected as much but I'm pretty desperate for an answer. So I kept scrolling and ended up reading an article.

In this article a woman describes a period of time in her life where she looked up something like "I don't want to exist anymore but I'm afraid to die." She talks about how she felt silly at first but quickly realized that a lot of people felt that way and she wasn't alone. She ended up starting to go to therapy, getting out of her toxic relationship and making a change to her average days.

The article ends on a pretty happy note that she's a lot better now even if she still has bad days sometimes. I think the final line is something like "You are not alone."

Now, obviously I applaud this woman for getting through this dark period and finding her way back to recover. That's very hard and she did well. But I did notice something.

The idea that she was not alone in feeling this way was a revelation to her. To me though it's nothing new. I know lots of people feel that way. It doesn't really do much for me. Neither does this idea that I'm "not alone." It has become meaningless to me.

One of her big steps to recovery is that she finally went to therapy and that helped her. But I've been going to therapy since 2011. It has helped at many times, especially with my anxiety, but at this point I'm in such a deep and dark place that it has stopped helping much beyond some slight relief and someone to talk to and something to live towards every 2 weeks. Actual progress though? None anymore.

And I can't make a big life change like she did either. I wouldn't know what to do. I barely have the energy to get out of bed every day.

I've joined this program where once a week I chat to a psychologist online for an hour surrounding my depression to try to make progress. It is very remedial though, clearly intended for people who've never had therapy and it isn't doing much for me since I already have a lot of experience.

I also have a person who calls me once a week who I can talk to about my problems. She's not a real psychologist, just a person.

I have a job coach I talk to sometimes.

And, of course, my psychologist of 10 years. She helps the most but I can only see her once every 2 weeks and even then I'm not making any progress there either.

All of this to say... I want help. I wish I could decide to turn things around. But I feel like I've already exhausted all types of help. And I'm so very tired if fighting this depression and anxiety. I'm exhausted after 10 years of this.

I just don't think there's any help to be had anymore. And a large part of me thinks I should acknowledge that fact and act to end it accordingly.

Ovid

Ovid

FML
Feb 2, 2024
You are not beyond recovery. You are very strong to have been battling this for over a decade.
I don't know anything about your situation, but I will still offer some suggestions and ask a few questions.
I understand that you have a history with with psychologist, but do you feel like making a switch would be beneficial? It might be of benefit to you to bring up the way you are feeling about your treatment and discuss different treatment methods/providers. Everything that you say in this post, tell them. (Obviously express that you have no plan or intent to harm yourself or others, no point going to a psych ward if you do not feel that you need it).
Are you medicated in any way?

xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
I'm so sorry you are going through this and you've tried so much. Honestly I feel like I'd be in the same place as you, if I go down the therapy route. I've tried a few times but never connected with any of the therapists in the past. I'm much more open to therapy now but I've been talking and talking but I just don't think I'll ever get rid of these suicidal thoughts even if I had the best therapy twice a week.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Have you tried medications?

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Jst an FYI

Thre r lts of dffrnt typs of therpy out thre - standrd talkng therpis r nt effctve fr evry1

Perhps info hre cld gve u sme ideas of sme othr methds t/ try

K

KafkaF

Nov 18, 2023
Jst an FYI

Thre r lts of dffrnt typs of therpy out thre - standrd talkng therpis r nt effctve fr evry1

Perhps info hre cld gve u sme ideas of sme othr methds t/ try

I studied psychology in college. I'm quite familiar with the options.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
I studied psychology in college. I'm quite familiar with the options.

Ok s/ u wll hve sme gd backng t/ ur knwldge - am jst recmmndng t/ hve a lk bcse slf also stdied psych t/ gradu8 levl & mny of th/ typs of therpy & optns tht r mentnd in tht thred r nt acknwldgd in mainstrm psych or in clin psych mdules etc

Tht = th/ reasn tht th/ infrmatn ws pulld 2gthr

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
On medications have you tried esketamine and TMS?
Also have you considered microdosing psilocybin and MDMA?

As far as psychologist. If she isn't helping anymore, what about seeking another psychologist. Get a second opinion or change in treatment.

I'm throwing out options you may have already tried 🙂.

Reactions: divinemistress36
K

KafkaF

Nov 18, 2023
On medications have you tried esketamine and TMS?
Also have you considered microdosing psilocybin and MDMA?

As far as psychologist. If she isn't helping anymore, what about seeking another psychologist. Get a second opinion or change in treatment.

I'm throwing out options you may have already tried 🙂.
Still considering trying ketamine, but I'm on a giant waiting list to see a psychiatrist with whom I'd discuss that. That's at least months away, I'm guessing. I may not choose to live that long. Not sure I'd be up to the TMS treatment. Definitely not interesting in using MDMA. And yes, I was aware of all of these. It's going to be very hard for anyone to suggest a treatment I am not aware of. Again, I went to school for this stuff. Unless someone's aware of something revolutionary or something that's outside of the common treatments, I probably know about it and have considered or tried it.

It's not my psychologist's fault. I've gone to like 5 psychologists and a psychiatrist and I'm in an additional program with another psychologist now. My current psychologist has been by far the most effective psychologist I've ever been to. But she isn't magic. I'm just beyond psychological help.

• Hugs
Reactions: d3ad
CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
Still considering trying ketamine, but I'm on a giant waiting list to see a psychiatrist with whom I'd discuss that. That's at least months away, I'm guessing. I may not choose to live that long. Not sure I'd be up to the TMS treatment. Definitely not interesting in using MDMA. And yes, I was aware of all of these. It's going to be very hard for anyone to suggest a treatment I am not aware of. Again, I went to school for this stuff. Unless someone's aware of something revolutionary or something that's outside of the common treatments, I probably know about it and have considered or tried it.

It's not my psychologist's fault. I've gone to like 5 psychologists and a psychiatrist and I'm in an additional program with another psychologist now. My current psychologist has been by far the most effective psychologist I've ever been to. But she isn't magic. I'm just beyond psychological help.
My background is different I studied neuroscience and and biochemistry. Also spent some time in a neuro lab and an fMRI lab. I don't know much about psychology.

I agree. I think you've ruled out that your depression is psychologically based.

Wishing you could recover sounds strange and healthy (relative to the forum). It's often "I wish I was dead" and apathy about recovering. The people wishing they could recover also usually have some physical injury. It could just be really good and effective therapy. But then why would you still have depression?

Got some questions:

List of Y/N questions:
1 Have you ruled out it might be something mimicking or causing depression-like symptoms for example hypothyroidism, myalgic encephalomyelitis, anemia, diabetes, etc?
2 Have you already seen a neurologist?
3 Blood tests recent and all good?
4 Any chance of this being genetic issue and family history?
5 Have you had an MRI and/or checked brain activity via fMRI or QEEG?
6 Any issues with BP, HR?
7 Are you diabetic?

If it is just depression and depression isn't a symptom of something else:

I liked TMS. It's shown to be very effective for some people and seems safer than any of the drugs. I had no side effects andd it improved my mood.
You can also try running TDCS depression montages at home. It's cheap and easy to DIY for ~$25. ( I bought devices from foc.us )

Ketamine you can microdose yourself (yes illegal, but yolo). I don't like being high and couple times I went in anxious, and it increased my anxiety. However, it was effective and usually made me feel like a weight off my shoulders.

I haven't tried Shrooms or MDMA. What's wrong with MDMA?
It's on my list of things to try. My depression was due to PTSD.

Reactions: divinemistress36
K

KafkaF

Nov 18, 2023
My background is different I studied neuroscience and and biochemistry. Also spent some time in a neuro lab and an fMRI lab. I don't know much about psychology.

I agree. I think you've ruled out that your depression is psychologically based.

Wishing you could recover sounds strange and healthy (relative to the forum). It's often "I wish I was dead" and apathy about recovering. The people wishing they could recover also usually have some physical injury. It could just be really good and effective therapy. But then why would you still have depression?

Got some questions:

List of Y/N questions:
1 Have you ruled out it might be something mimicking or causing depression-like symptoms for example hypothyroidism, myalgic encephalomyelitis, anemia, diabetes, etc?
2 Have you already seen a neurologist?
3 Blood tests recent and all good?
4 Any chance of this being genetic issue and family history?
5 Have you had an MRI and/or checked brain activity via fMRI or QEEG?
6 Any issues with BP, HR?
7 Are you diabetic?

If it is just depression and depression isn't a symptom of something else:

I liked TMS. It's shown to be very effective for some people and seems safer than any of the drugs. I had no side effects andd it improved my mood.
You can also try running TDCS depression montages at home. It's cheap and easy to DIY for ~$25. ( I bought devices from foc.us )

Ketamine you can microdose yourself (yes illegal, but yolo). I don't like being high and couple times I went in anxious, and it increased my anxiety. However, it was effective and usually made me feel like a weight off my shoulders.

I haven't tried Shrooms or MDMA. What's wrong with MDMA?
It's on my list of things to try. My depression was due to PTSD.
You misunderstood. It's not that it isn't psychological, it just can't be fixed by any amount of therapy anymore. And I doubt that anything at all can.

I don't expect I will recover though. Dying is really the only plausible solution. I just wish it wasn't.

Not gonna do anything illegal, nor without a doctor's supervision.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nov 2, 2023
You misunderstood. It's not that it isn't psychological, it just can't be fixed by any amount of therapy anymore. And I doubt that anything at all can.

I don't expect I will recover though. Dying is really the only plausible solution. I just wish it wasn't.

Not gonna do anything illegal, nor without a doctor's supervision.
Yea, "doubt anything at all can" is an emotional part of depression.

I think you could be trying to treat a symptom, hence it can't be fixed by therapy alone.

See a neurologist, and try esketamine under supervision. Its been a go-to treatment for treatment resistant depression.