Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I drink alcohol like a car goes through gas.

Alcohol and being drunk most the time is the only thing I have.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and BrainShower
annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
I drink sometimes, problem is I hate the aftermath so much... And being drunk makes me less anxious, yes, but still doesnt free me from my thoughts completely so... And about drugs... my guess is because I havent tried almost anything, Ive only tried weed and I enjoy it, but I dont have money to buy and my sister doesnt want to give me anymore because Im taking antidepressants and other meds, still I smoke a bit when Im alone and they leave the joint out lol. Ive never tried other drugs tho, but they scare me, I feel I wouldnt be "responsible" with them so If Im going to live I prefer not doing drugs, lets see for how long lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Only reason I'm not drinking or doing drugs is bc I don't have access to them due to my personal situation. If I had access to them I stg I'd be a heavy drug addict by now bc I couldn't give a crap about my own well-being and I just want to be able to feel good tbh.

• Hugs
Reactions: seekingrelease22 and Praestat_Mori
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
What does vodka taste like?
It tastes pretty bad. I don't how to exactly describe it though. It's very strong though. It's smell kind of reminds me of nail polish remover.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and sserafim
F

ForsakenDial

Student
Aug 20, 2021
Video games and daydreaming are my drugs.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Drinking and doing drugs doesn't make me feel better, it makes me feel worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Suicidebydeath
D

deathslament

Student
Mar 16, 2024
never did either no interest either.

• Hugs
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
First, I do think they should decriminalize drugs, and I don't care what people do with them.
And just to clarify, examining the words, criminalize and decriminalize – you can only criminalize something you cannot decriminalize it, because to decriminalize something suggests that it has an inherently criminal nature so what people should say instead is repeal the anti-drug legislation.

I'm not in the sixth grade and have shit to do.

Think ahead. If in the future you shouldn't be doing this then you shouldn't be doing it now and you should be taking action now.
If it's not helping you grow, it's gotta go.

Boredom is the drug you need to avoid. Because thats where people start making bad choices typically they don't become a drug addict they become a consumer of garbage. They waste time, they consume excuses.
Solution to boredom is creativity.

Before anyone yells at me: I think its an important part of the human experience is the psychedelic experience and you go in and learn somethings about yourself and they might feel a little uncomfortable but its powerful. It's not the solution to everything but I think it can plant seeds of ideas, I think it can show you things you things you didn't consider.
Something like any conclusion you reach on psychedelics you can reach with a sober mind. Deep contemplation and taking action and that some people want to think it's coming from somewhere else—it's like they want a guide to show them the way, but all that comes from within.

As I've said before, there's really not much reason to drink it in my opinion. It's just bad for you. One of the most successful guys I know doesn't drink. He's just like if I drink it makes me less sharp and off my game and its a fact. And he went on to make millions and millions of dollars. And I'm not saying to be whatever... sober, a glass of wine every now and then. But I just don't see any reason to get drunk. And I think not drinking is a sign of discipline especially in this day and age.

The people that stayed super involved with marijuana didn't go anywhere and the people who didn't were super successful.

I just feel like taking .1 or quarter gram dabs just so you feel tired and unmotivated. I just feel like it makes you more apathetic to being complacent.

I think weed puts you in a kind of spacey, forgetful, disconnected, lost kind of place. A little slow, a little spacey, a little preoccupied.
A lot of time and energy and causing a lot of haziness. And I think its contributed to a lot of slow growth in people's lives and disrupted their sleep.

It's nice being on the same wavelength as everyone else.

1. It's just slowing you down. Weed is gonna slow you down big time. I can't tell you how many times when I was in school I'd see people like yeah I'm gonna do this project and the second they smoke weed they're like nah I'm not doing that. I'm just gonna stay here and watch TV.
Get up at 6:00 at night. Eat cheeseburgers for breakfast. Hang out with my buddy on the couch watching Conan O'Brian. You can fall into that
It does not give you more energy. It takes energy from you. Especially the weed today, the high THC stuff.
2. Another reason not to use it, for some people, it an be dangerous to your mental health. People will say weed's never killed anyone, more people die in drunk driving accidents, weed is better for you less harmful on your body than alcohol. And I would agree on those. But that doesn't negate the fact that it is a quasi-psychedelic and is potential dangerous to your mental health (with preexisting conditions)
3. Its illegal. If you wanna travel better not to have a habit thats illegal in the places that you're going to be going to. And a real punishment and a real put you in a real fucked up jail.
4. You have to hide it. Weed smells. The guys I worked with that smoked weed, they wouldn't tell you that until you got to know them. They were ashamed that they smoked weed. They had to hide it at work, they hid it from their boss. If you're young you're still living at home you have to hide the smell from your mom. Maybe from your girlfriend that doesn't like that you smoke weed. If you have a job your coworkers. Or if you're an entrepreneur you don't want your employees probably smelling you coming in reeking like weed. It is not a socially acceptable drug. If you come in smelling like weed to a business meeting or a client meeting people are gonna look down on you. If you're always smelling like weed people are gonna look down on you. Thats a fact. As opposed to alcohol where if you're meeting clients for a business lunch not only is drinking okay its probably encouraged. The same thing if you're meeting clients potential clients on a Friday night going out for a couple drinks. The alcohol will actually help you close the deal. Now look I think its better if you don't drink. If you're just high on life I think that's ideal. But as far as between weed and alcohol goes as a social habit, the alcohol is much more socially acceptable, it can be useful in business scenarios. You don't really have to hide it unless you're drinking at 9:00 in the morning. And the social acceptance thats a real thing. You might think that its acceptable because you're a young guy and in your social circle you know everyone smokes weed. But if you smoke weed and you put that up on Facebook your employer is gonna check that. You're clients are gonna look at your Facebook and stuff. You could loose business, you could loose money. Because a lot of people don't think its socially acceptable. Your parents are gonna see that. So when you have weed in your life its gonna be a secret. Maybe not everyone but there's gonna be people that you have to hide it from. And that just adds another layer of complication and washing your hands and all these things.
5. It can destroy your discipline. You smoke weed you're gonna over eat, you smoke weed you're probably not gonna go to the gym probably not. You're probably gonna skip a few things on your task list. Probably gonna forget a few things your task list too because you're slower.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It tastes pretty bad. I don't how to exactly describe it though. It's very strong though. It's smell kind of reminds me of nail polish remover.
@Ambivalent1 if you want vodka you should get Grey Goose lol. It was in the song Royals
I'm not in the sixth grade and have shit to do.

Think ahead. If in the future you shouldn't be doing this then you shouldn't be doing it now and you should be taking action now.
If it's not helping you grow, it's gotta go.

Boredom is the drug you need to avoid. Because thats where people start making bad choices typically they don't become a drug addict they become a consumer of garbage. They waste time, they consume excuses.
Solution to boredom is creativity.

Before anyone yells at me: I think its an important part of the human experience is the psychedelic experience and you go in and learn somethings about yourself and they might feel a little uncomfortable but its powerful. It's not the solution to everything but I think it can plant seeds of ideas, I think it can show you things you things you didn't consider.
Something like any conclusion you reach on psychedelics you can reach with a sober mind. Deep contemplation and taking action and that some people want to think it's coming from somewhere else—it's like they want a guide to show them the way, but all that comes from within.

As I've said before, there's really not much reason to drink it in my opinion. It's just bad for you. One of the most successful guys I know doesn't drink. He's just like if I drink it makes me less sharp and off my game and its a fact. And he went on to make millions and millions of dollars. And I'm not saying to be whatever... sober, a glass of wine every now and then. But I just don't see any reason to get drunk. And I think not drinking is a sign of discipline especially in this day and age.

The people that stayed super involved with marijuana didn't go anywhere and the people who didn't were super successful.

I just feel like taking .1 or quarter gram dabs just so you feel tired and unmotivated. I just feel like it makes you more apathetic to being complacent.

I think weed puts you in a kind of spacey, forgetful, disconnected, lost kind of place. A little slow, a little spacey, a little preoccupied.
A lot of time and energy and causing a lot of haziness. And I think its contributed to a lot of slow growth in people's lives and disrupted their sleep.

It's nice being on the same wavelength as everyone else.

1. It's just slowing you down. Weed is gonna slow you down big time. I can't tell you how many times when I was in school I'd see people like yeah I'm gonna do this project and the second they smoke weed they're like nah I'm not doing that. I'm just gonna stay here and watch TV.
Get up at 6:00 at night. Eat cheeseburgers for breakfast. Hang out with my buddy on the couch watching Conan O'Brian. You can fall into that
It does not give you more energy. It takes energy from you. Especially the weed today, the high THC stuff.
2. Another reason not to use it, for some people, it an be dangerous to your mental health. People will say weed's never killed anyone, more people die in drunk driving accidents, weed is better for you less harmful on your body than alcohol. And I would agree on those. But that doesn't negate the fact that it is a quasi-psychedelic and is potential dangerous to your mental health (with preexisting conditions)
3. Its illegal. If you wanna travel better not to have a habit thats illegal in the places that you're going to be going to. And a real punishment and a real put you in a real fucked up jail.
4. You have to hide it. Weed smells. The guys I worked with that smoked weed, they wouldn't tell you that until you got to know them. They were ashamed that they smoked weed. They had to hide it at work, they hid it from their boss. If you're young you're still living at home you have to hide the smell from your mom. Maybe from your girlfriend that doesn't like that you smoke weed. If you have a job your coworkers. Or if you're an entrepreneur you don't want your employees probably smelling you coming in reeking like weed. It is not a socially acceptable drug. If you come in smelling like weed to a business meeting or a client meeting people are gonna look down on you. If you're always smelling like weed people are gonna look down on you. Thats a fact. As opposed to alcohol where if you're meeting clients for a business lunch not only is drinking okay its probably encouraged. The same thing if you're meeting clients potential clients on a Friday night going out for a couple drinks. The alcohol will actually help you close the deal. Now look I think its better if you don't drink. If you're just high on life I think that's ideal. But as far as between weed and alcohol goes as a social habit, the alcohol is much more socially acceptable, it can be useful in business scenarios. You don't really have to hide it unless you're drinking at 9:00 in the morning. And the social acceptance thats a real thing. You might think that its acceptable because you're a young guy and in your social circle you know everyone smokes weed. But if you smoke weed and you put that up on Facebook your employer is gonna check that. You're clients are gonna look at your Facebook and stuff. You could loose business, you could loose money. Because a lot of people don't think its socially acceptable. Your parents are gonna see that. So when you have weed in your life its gonna be a secret. Maybe not everyone but there's gonna be people that you have to hide it from. And that just adds another layer of complication and washing your hands and all these things.
5. It can destroy your discipline. You smoke weed you're gonna over eat, you smoke weed you're probably not gonna go to the gym probably not. You're probably gonna skip a few things on your task list. Probably gonna forget a few things your task list too because you're slower.
What about smoking (cigarettes) or vaping?

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
@Ambivalent1 if you want vodka you should get Grey Goose lol. It was in the song Royals

What about smoking (cigarettes) or vaping?
Grey Goose is overrated. There are many less expensive and more expensive brands that are better.

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Grey Goose is overrated. There are many less expensive and more expensive brands that are better.
He wants to drink vodka and eat peanut m&Ms before he jumps off the bridge

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
He wants to drink vodka and eat peanut m&Ms before he jumps off the bridge
My cousin's husband is actually a high-level VP at the Mars, inc.
But peanut M&M's are great but higher-quality chocolate does exist but it's about preference. Some people don't care about cacao content

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
My cousin's husband is actually a high-level VP at the Mars, inc.
But peanut M&M's are great but higher-quality chocolate does exist but it's about preference. Some people don't care about cacao content

What about nicotine? Smoking (cigarettes) or vaping?

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
it makes no sense to do so

druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
Who says I don't drink? I'd also love to try psychedelics but would have no idea how to get ahold of them.
I've been having trouble with drinking ever since that time I got really drunk on vodka. I tried drinking before a ctb attempt but I could only down three shots of vodka before vomiting it all up. I bought a bottle of gin two weeks ago and taking one shot of it was enough to make me feel nauseous. It sucks because I really want to get drunk again.
That's a shame, I can drink like 6 or 7 shots easily. Not a brag or anything, I know it's a problem.
What does vodka taste like?
It kind of tastes how ethanol-based hand sanitizer smells, but when you actually drink it it's very strong and bitter.

• Informative
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Who says I don't drink? I'd also love to try psychedelics but would have no idea how to get ahold of them.
I want to try pschedelics too, specifically lsd. Sadly, I also do not know how to get ahold of it. Until I find a way to get some I'm kind of just stuck with smoking weed...

• Hugs
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: LetMeBeSad, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

That's a shame, I can drink like 6 or 7 shots easily. Not a brag or anything, I know it's a problem.

It kind of tastes how ethanol-based hand sanitizer smells, but when you actually drink it it's very strong and bitter.
Vancouver, BC or Portland, Oregon. Or Amsterdam.

Vodkas can taste different.

Hydrates: These are cage-like structures, with a number of the water molecules surrounding an ethanol molecule. The most common of these hydrate structures in vodka has around 5 water molecules to each ethanol molecule. Researchers discovered that its concentration varied in different brands of vodka.

Both methanol and ethanol behave oddly when mixed with water. I know the effect at small concentrations best because I had expected at a methanol to water as an antifreeze would produce an excellent low-viscosity coolant, but it turns out that each methanol molecule establishes a chain of water molecules and that these chains give the mixture higher viscosity than either methanol or water...

This is also why vodka can turn syrupy in the freezer.

We usually regard 'liquid' as a single phase. But this isn't quite the case. When you have a water-alcohol mixture, you end up with a whole bunch of different ways the water and alcohol molecules can bind to each other. They don't actually mix perfectly, depending on the concentration and temperature, different patterns of water-alcohol binding become favored. Water-alcohol mixtures don't behave like an 'ideal mixture', which is why the bulk properties change in (apparently) unexpected ways when you change the temperature. But the devil is in the details, so to speak. And if you want to describe the specific properties of a water-alcohol mixture, then basically usually you're going get
various idealizations. But we naturally want to know the properties of real solutions, not ideal ones. And that's where things get tricky, because non-ideal is more or less per definition behavior that deviates from the mean. That's when you have to start taking into account the fact that the mixture is not homogeneous and randomly ordered at the microscopic scale, but has a bunch of various local orderings (with corresponding enthalpies and entropies), which it moves between, causing non-ideal behavior.

Regarding smoothness, some of the impurities make things taste smoother (for example, sugars), while many of impurities are harsh.
Pure ethanol with water should be pretty smooth, since it would not have any of the harsh impurities, but it might not be the smoothest of all, since it would lack any smoothing impurities

Methyl alcohol, or methanol, is bad news – highly toxic to mitochondria, and hence it hits energy intensive cells such as in the retina or the brain. Acetaldehyde is also pretty bad stuff – your body produces some as it breaks down ethanol, and it's partially responsible for the hangover feeling.

Some of the higher alcohols are not too toxic in small quantities, and are said to add aroma to things like whiskey and rum.

Acetic acid is not toxic – vinegar is basically dilute acetic acid, and it is good for you in small quantities, although it is not exactly smooth.

Congener is a catch-all term for things generated in distillation that are not ethanol (or water or CO2).

Some impurities could be --

methyl alcohol
acetaldehyde - byproduct of ethanol
acetic acid - byproduct of ethanol
propyl alcohol

Potato vodkas are just typically very creamy with an oily, viscous character and a pronounced palate weight. Potato vodkas aren't always cheaper than regular vodka. There are the top shelf bottles such as Chopin. The oils in potato vodka that contribute to its oily texture are primarily derived from the potatoes themselves. Potatoes naturally contain oils, starches, and other compounds. During the fermentation and distillation process, some of these oils can carry over into the final vodka product, giving it a thicker, more viscous mouthfeel compared to vodka made from grains.

Vodka can of course be made from grapes, rice, sugarcane, molasses, ect.

Rice vodka is often considered to have a purer taste compared to other types of vodka due to its relatively neutral flavor profile. Rice itself is mild in flavor compared to grains like wheat or rye, which can have more pronounced tastes. Additionally, rice vodka tends to undergo multiple distillations, which can further refine and purify the spirit, resulting in a cleaner and smoother taste. The simplicity of rice as an ingredient allows the natural characteristics of the vodka to shine through without the influence of strong flavors from other grains or additives.

Plus, the quality of water used can influence the flavor.

Some of the filtration methods are marketing.
For Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head Vodka one of the last purification processes after active charcoal filtering is to pour it over Herkimer diamonds (which are not actually diamonds). They're a special quartz. Little semiprecious double-terminated crystals. Aykroydsaid, "Our stones, after a certain number of pours, turn yellow. We either have to bleach them, clean them or replace them."
Oils would stick to the limestone (or even quartz). The heat of distillation would break some larger oily molecules into molecules that would evaporate and be condensed into the final vodka, and no longer be oily enough to stick to the filter mineral.
Quartz = clean mechanical filtration
Silver = kills bacteria, might get metal leaching

Vodka is "Triple Wave Filtered", which is described as, filtered three times with water pressurized to 6,000 pounds per square foot to simulate the power exerted by three 30-foot ocean waves, hence the Triple Wavebranding - "Which has the same smoothing effect on vodka that ocean waves have on stones and shells," reads a press release. And it is filtered through activated carbon from charred coconut shells."

6000 psf is 41.66666666666666 psi. Which is not that much. Depending on the pressure loss across the filters they are bragging about using, this could literally just be the pressure they need to push the liquid through the filter. I think thats the same filtration pressure across the industry.

It's not particulates so much as undesired chemicals-esters, aldehydes and other fusel alcohols that filtering removes. Most branded vodkas are charcoal filtered although I agree with you that a well made vodka won't need it. At a large batch commercial scale filtering makes more sense than producing a top notch product on its own.

Generally vodka filtering involves pouring the spirit down a reservoir filled with activated carbon. Usually gravity can handle the job but I imaging here they're using a hydraulic press with water to power the load so they can legally brand themselves with "wavefiltered".

It's smart from a marketing standpoint. But a total gimmick like they are trying to brand their vodka as being filtered by the waves of the coast.
I don't drink or do drugs, but I drink copious amounts of coffee (and tea). I guess caffeine can be considered a drug. I treat my body as a temple and don't want to consume anything harmful to it, I don't want to kill off any of my brain cells.
Because you're a mormon 😉
Yes, caffeine is a drug. But the word "drug" is thrown around so much in modern parlance.
God is @sserafim's drug

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: sserafim, 4am and Praestat_Mori
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I don't find them appealing or beneficial to me. Quite the opposite.

• Hugs
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I can have a pretty good time sober and I'm not trying to escape anything. It's fun but I can have fun doing other things. And I've set my life up in a way that I'm happy and stoked to be here.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
@DarkRange55
I'm sorry but you sound like every anti-drug campaign in middle school.
No one is suprised to hear drugs are bad for you. But when existence becomes unbearable and you have all these substances just an armlength away to make the world around you a little more colorful and let your mind escape in the relaxing world of pleasure for a brief moment it's so suprising to me that "not ruining your life" is so dear to so many people here. What's there to ruin?
I become less productive? Sabotaging myself to be succesful? Escaping from my problems instead of solving them? No shit. It's not like I'm that functional when I'm sober. In fact when it helps to get out of bed to start the day and be able to do my responsibilities it's pretty beneficial and productive isn't it?
I'm not advocating for drug use I'm suprised

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
@DarkRange55
No one is suprised to hear drugs are bad for you. But when existence becomes unbearable and you have all these substances just an armlength away to make the world around you a little more colorful and let your mind escape in the relaxing world of pleasure for a brief moment it's so suprising to me that "not ruining your life" is so dear to so many people here. What's there to ruin?
I become less productive? Sabotaging myself to be succesful? Escaping from my problems instead of solving them? No shit. It's not like I'm that functional when I'm sober. In fact when it helps to get out of bed to start the day and be able to do my responsibilities it's pretty beneficial and productive isn't it?
I mentioned at the very beginning of my post that I think drugs should be legal and I'm not judging or caring what other people do :p

Secondly, you asked how everyone else isn't drinking or getting high all the time.

I think it can be an escape. But a fleeting one. I dabbed heavily daily for years, smoked weed all day, everyday for 14 years. Took a year off just to see how different it is. I drank a lot for a few years then stopped for over 5 years just to experiment. And I've taken acid, molly, shrooms, ect many, many times. You can get them basically "legally" in Vancouver.

So yes, I've absolutely more than experimented with drugs. One of my best friends OD'd at 23. And I've seen many alcoholics. I've also seen and had a lot of fun with drugs. But I think it's like a pit bull. It can be very helpful and very dangerous. You need to know how to use it and control.
@DarkRange55
If that is your personal motivation then thats your personal motivation. But I think some other people may have a different way of coping. And I think some people on this forum actually hope to recover and make something of their lives. And I've seen and interacted with some of those people on here. We are all individuals. And I'm sorry for your current situation. But I just think that it's not a productive or healthy way to go through life. But clearly, you're not interested in that. Which is fine. It doesn't affect me. But I would rather get a shot of adrenaline climbing a mountain or paint balling with my friends or some dopamine playing with my dog and or watching a movie with my partner. I think there are other avenues (even of escape). And I think drinking a little is fine, like some wine with dinner or having a joint or even mushrooms occasionally. But I don't make my life all about it or use it to escape anything. I don't claim to know your personal situation or anyone else's. But all I can offer is advice and perspective. If you don't want that, that's 100% okay. Again, nobody on here is judging you. I just think there are other avenues of relief, escape, ect. and it seems like a decent amount of people struggling on here, aren't interested in drugs or drinking and they are quite honestly probably better for it.
@DarkRange55
I think and also know from personal and anecdotal and also clinical experience that people are more productive without drigs. THC for example by definition fatigues you.

Wait a second… aren't you the same user that said humans that can't rise above their instincts are no better than animals? 🤔
@sserafim

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
People always ask if I'm high! It must be dissociation!

They're like, you're always happy and smiling.

Yeah, it's the dissociation! :pfff:

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I used a lot of different drugs for many years when I was in my 20's. Gradually reduced consumption while I grew older and life circumstances / environment changed. I still like to take drugs from time to time when there's an occasion. What remains is mainly alcohol - sometimes more sometimes less, sometimes several weeks without any. Depending on my mood.

Reactions: Pluto
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't like alcohol very much. In almost any form. The smell of vodka makes me want to vomit.
I don't have access to drugs at the moment and I don't really need them.
I've smoked marijuana a few times, but it doesn't appeal to me.
I have other stimulants, such as energy drinks, candy, etc.
Maybe not the same category, but it works similarly for me.
It allows me to relax my mind.
I'm definitely heavily addicted to sugar.

Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
I mentioned at the very beginning of my post that I think drugs should be legal and I'm not judging or caring what other people do :p

Secondly, you asked how everyone else isn't drinking or getting high all the time.

I think it can be an escape. But a fleeting one. I dabbed heavily daily for years, smoked weed all day, everyday for 14 years. Took a year off just to see how different it is. I drank a lot for a few years then stopped for over 5 years just to experiment. And I've taken acid, molly, shrooms, ect many, many times. You can get them basically "legally" in Vancouver.

So yes, I've absolutely more than experimented with drugs. One of my best friends OD'd at 23. And I've seen many alcoholics. I've also seen and had a lot of fun with drugs. But I think it's like a pit bull. It can be very helpful and very dangerous. You need to know how to use it and control.

If that is your personal motivation then thats your personal motivation. But I think some other people may have a different way of coping. And I think some people on this forum actually hope to recover and make something of their lives. And I've seen and interacted with some of those people on here. We are all individuals. And I'm sorry for your current situation. But I just think that it's not a productive or healthy way to go through life. But clearly, you're not interested in that. Which is fine. It doesn't affect me. But I would rather get a shot of adrenaline climbing a mountain or paint balling with my friends or some dopamine playing with my dog and or watching a movie with my partner. I think there are other avenues (even of escape). And I think drinking a little is fine, like some wine with dinner or having a joint or even mushrooms occasionally. But I don't make my life all about it or use it to escape anything. I don't claim to know your personal situation or anyone else's. But all I can offer is advice and perspective. If you don't want that, that's 100% okay. Again, nobody on here is judging you. I just think there are other avenues of relief, escape, ect. and it seems like a decent amount of people struggling on here, aren't interested in drugs or drinking and they are quite honestly probably better for it.

I think and also know from personal and anecdotal and also clinical experience that people are more productive without drigs. THC for example by definition fatigues you.

Wait a second… aren't you the same user that said humans that can't rise above their instincts are no better than animals? 🤔
@sserafim
Oh yeah it makes a lot of sense if you went through the same thing. Again I'm not advocating for it, hell if I could go back I would never start it in the first place. It's the symbol of my misery. It's just surprising to me because once I started and realized I can abuse it and feel better even tho it's a false sense of security I couldn't stop. And it's so easily accessable... For years now my life consists of nothing but being sober for a while then blackouts every day. Can't keep track on my failed attempts.
So yeah it's just weird to me.
Also yes I have definitely failed as a human being. I don't meet the criteria I consider to be the bare minimum. I'm trying tho seemingly in vain. Hope I will be one day. Or eliminate myself since I'm harmful to society and the humanity as a whole. We'll see...
One week sober tho lol

(Btw I came down pretty offensive in my reply I tried to say why I don't understand how it's not the answer to so many people. It can't be because it's bad for you right?)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, Praestat_Mori and Pluto
I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
Drink and drugs would bring me more problems I feel. I don't want any more health problems either, plus its expensive. If I could use them without consequences, I probably would to get some escape from life.