• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

C

curiouskitty

Jul 13, 2020
I have an advanced degree (Master's in a STEM subject), I come from a relatively wealthy family, have no disabilities and am not part of a supressed minority. Yet, I cannot shake the feeling my presence is unwanted.

I am rejected from every job I apply to. I try to make friends, make an active and conscious effort to maintain existing friendships, but I am always - ALWAYS - alone. My parents do not care for me outside of what I can do for them, and the achievements they keep stealing from me. I am denied health resources, because therapists in my part of the world REFUSE to work with clients that are open about their suicidal ideation.

All I can do is sit on my ass all day and rot.

I hate this place because it hated me first.

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
I am sorry that the people around you are being dismissive :(( i dont think that its a 'You' problem. i mostly tell myself that how people act towards me is a reflection of their personality and insecurities and that it doesnt have to do anything with my worth. this mindset personally helped me a little.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
F

Federico

Jan 26, 2024
I have an advanced degree (Master's in a STEM subject), I come from a relatively wealthy family, have no disabilities and am not part of a supressed minority. Yet, I cannot shake the feeling my presence is unwanted.

I am rejected from every job I apply to. I try to make friends, make an active and conscious effort to maintain existing friendships, but I am always - ALWAYS - alone. My parents do not care for me outside of what I can do for them, and the achievements they keep stealing from me. I am denied health resources, because therapists in my part of the world REFUSE to work with clients that are open about their suicidal ideation.

All I can do is sit on my ass all day and rot.

I hate this place because it hated me first.
I totally got you ...it's awful , i live the same , same , same exact situation except for the advanced degree ... i mean maybe , oh I feel this is strange but if you feel like it ; we can try to keep in touch and know eachother ..Now I'm so afraid to be labelled as psycho. I cannot deny I'd like to have a chat with you , and both could kinda look for eachother on a daily basis, you could feel less lonely and hopefully me too. ; I hope to find a good person to bond with yet opportunities are rare . . .I'd like you to give it a shot ). I'm sorry , I know I'm quite a lot to bear, I'm straiforward , maybe too fast in asking this, you don't even know me , It's because i desire to be wanted too and it has gone like this for my entire life ... I lost hope in someone actually craving me (i'm crying , again). oh i know how it will go ...laughed at again and rejected ...again ...I'm sorry , for real , i don't want to disturb anyone . . . forgive me.

Last edited:
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
If people don't appreciate your presence then it is their problem, don't let them make it into yours. I am more than certain that there are many, many people who would love and appreciate your presence!! Don't give up, you will find them!