• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Everything is made up and most people forget to think about it. Gender roles are made up, our clothing and gender expression is made up, social rules/etiquette are made up. School is made up, grades are made up, the system is made up. The little tasks we do every single day are mostly repetitive: shower, go to school/work, chores, walk your dog, eat, sleep. Why does any this matter? In my opinion we're just making time here. We're just animals. Life is about keeping yourself busy until you die. Even the stuff that's 'exciting' and differs from your routine is still repetitive, when you get together with your friends what do you guys talk about? Same things, work, school, plans for the future, trivial shit, etc. How many more times am I gonna go to the cinema to watch a new movie before I die? How many more Christmas do I have left?

Plus I think life is so long, sometimes people make videos about that one calendar someone made that's like 'Your life in weeks' and when I look at that shit I can't help but think wow, that's a lot of time. It's like wohooo I'm 38 now, 42 more years (if I'm lucky) to go until I can naturally die. Why is any of this meaningful? People be like life is too short but it's too damn long. Yeah, a year goes by fast, but 42 years? I don't think so. I just wish I could speed up the process, I wish I got cancer or something or that I died in a car accident, but I think those things only happen to people who really wanna be alive. Idk why these things don't usually happen to suicidal people haha

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Experience is the the point. If you have experiences that are enjoyable, that's the point, if not then maybe one day, if not then there is no point.

Reactions: davidtorez
Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
There is no point to life. Every single thing we do, is for a rush of dopamine. There is nothing else.
It doens't need to be anything but that.

If your life has positive experiences, that's all it needs to be. Life can be satisfying if it's done right. Whether it's meaningless or not, it's whether or not it's satisfying, and you gain satisfaction by finding things that matter to you.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Life is just passing time until you die
It doens't need to be anything but that.

If your life has positive experiences, that's all it needs to be. Life can be satisfying if it's done right. Whether it's meaningless or not, it's whether or not it's satisfying, and you gain satisfaction by finding things that matter to you.
What if nothing matters to me?

Last edited:
bFre3

bFre3

Apr 8, 2024
There is no meaning to life. We just ended up here. That's it.

Some people take it as 'since we're here anyways, might as well make the best of it'. They quite literally create the meaning of life, and in that sense, you could even argue that the meaning of life is to find meaning in life. They're not wrong either, they're probably right.

But I can't really do that. I'm incapable to do so. I've been so engrossed with following instructions from others on their 'meaning of life' that I never learnt how to find my own. Now I'm just plain incapable of it. It's just too much stress.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
There isn't any. Existing beings are just waiting to die, eventually this meaningless existence will disappear into nothingness no matter what. We only exist here because others were selfish enough to procreate even know existence is completely unnecessary with there never being a need for existence at all.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There is no meaning to life. We just ended up here. That's it.

Some people take it as 'since we're here anyways, might as well make the best of it'. They quite literally create the meaning of life, and in that sense, you could even argue that the meaning of life is to find meaning in life. They're not wrong either, they're probably right.

But I can't really do that. I'm incapable to do so. I've been so engrossed with following instructions from others on their 'meaning of life' that I never learnt how to find my own. Now I'm just plain incapable of it. It's just too much stress.
I don't want to follow other people's instructions

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Yeah you have to follow that life path they say until you can't do it because of sickness or disability or just don't want to.

I don't see the point in being alive either nothing is enjoyable for me anymore and it feels pointless. I don't see the point in me existing and I'm wasting time.

untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Life could be kinda rad without the war, loss of rights, greed, and all that other man-made bullshittery. But instead we can huff microplastics and sell out our culture and jobs to AI. Hurray.

anxiousmess0471

anxiousmess0471

Feb 4, 2024
I don't see the point of being alive either. It sucks how there are certain expectations on how you're supposed to be. In my culture at least its study hard, get a high paying job, get married, have kids, make your kids study hard, make sure your kids get a high paying job, make sure your kids get married and have kids, and so on and so forth until the end of time. It's dumb and I hate being apart of this cycle. I always wonder what is even the point? I hope that one day I also die in an accident or get some incurable disease. I'm over being alive. It sucks.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't see the point of being alive either. It sucks how there are certain expectations on how you're supposed to be. In my culture at least its study hard, get a high paying job, get married, have kids, make your kids study hard, make sure your kids get a high paying job, make sure your kids get married and have kids, and so on and so forth until the end of time. It's dumb and I hate being apart of this cycle. I always wonder what is even the point? I hope that one day I also die in an accident or get some incurable disease. I'm over being alive. It sucks.
Same. I hate how these expectations are imposed onto you. I never even wanted them in the first place. I'm going to break the cycle though. I'm not contributing to the procreational pyramid scheme

PINKIESISU

PINKIESISU

Apr 21, 2024
Everything is made up and most people forget to think about it. Gender roles are made up, our clothing and gender expression is made up, social rules/etiquette are made up. School is made up, grades are made up, the system is made up. The little tasks we do every single day are mostly repetitive: shower, go to school/work, chores, walk your dog, eat, sleep. Why does any this matter? In my opinion we're just making time here. We're just animals. Life is about keeping yourself busy until you die. Even the stuff that's 'exciting' and differs from your routine is still repetitive, when you get together with your friends what do you guys talk about? Same things, work, school, plans for the future, trivial shit, etc. How many more times am I gonna go to the cinema to watch a new movie before I die? How many more Christmas do I have left?

Plus I think life is so long, sometimes people make videos about that one calendar someone made that's like 'Your life in weeks' and when I look at that shit I can't help but think wow, that's a lot of time. It's like wohooo I'm 38 now, 42 more years (if I'm lucky) to go until I can naturally die. Why is any of this meaningful? People be like life is too short but it's too damn long. Yeah, a year goes by fast, but 42 years? I don't think so. I just wish I could speed up the process, I wish I got cancer or something or that I died in a car accident, but I think those things only happen to people who really wanna be alive. Idk why these things don't usually happen to suicidal people haha
I don't see the point in being alive in an experience you want nothing to do with and yes those that do want to be here are always struck with sickness and accidents it's a fact pretty fucked up if you ask me I too hate this place more than words can ever describe and I've never understood the whole life is too short shit because it is not short it is long drawn out and very slow every time I hear someone go wow it's already been a year it pisses me off because I wish I could experience time that way but I don't fuck I don't even care about time where I'm really from and what I am time doesn't exist I understand this concept I know what it's like to be in a timeless state and it's awesome fuck time I've never liked it and it sure as hell doesn't move fast

Reactions: sserafim
silas0

silas0

Apr 26, 2024

It's something to do with intelligence too I suspect. If you're very self-aware and intelligent the repetitive tasks would become questionable. You start asking the purpose of everything you do and wondering what's this contributing to. You start seeing the bigger picture and the absurdity of it all. That's why Sypher in The Matrix said "ignorance is bliss" just enjoyed the steak.