• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
I'm always at home due to agoraphobia, anxiety, depression, etc so I find myself looking at my computer quite a lot these days. I have one or two hobbies that I do in my free time but really am playing video games and watching philosophy stuff on you tube for at least half of that time if not a little more. I don't even know where to go or what to do on the internet anymore because it's all just gotten so boring and repetitive lately.

Maybe it's because I've been more distressed in the last few/ several days/weeks, I really can hardly tell day to day, so maybe I shouldn't be trying to speak on time or whatever. Does anybody have recommendations for hobbies that are easy to do without using much cognitive functioning? That's always what ruins something for me. Trying to use too much brain power seems to put me in an even more unstable mental condition than I start in, which is already not so good as it is.

tuyu

tuyu

im not afraid to die.
Mar 19, 2023
During my NEET days:
- watching anime
- watching YouTube about various topics but mostly about missing people and crime
- gaming excessively (do not recommend)

I find that these consume most of my time so I did not explore much of other things, but I was considering more crafty hobbies like 3d pens and diamond painting

RenMei

RenMei

phantom
Mar 13, 2023
Not much of a hobby and I don't know if it's easy to do for you but in my free time I declutter my room and do a little gardening while listening to music

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I wish I had a hobby to suggest, but I basically do all of the same things you're doing now when I'm not working. Sometimes I like to watch documentaries about different things, weather, history, or whatever else you tube recommends that sounds interesting.

Audio books might be something worth trying, if there's any that interest you. It can be fun listening to them while doing other things.

Reactions: Unending
Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
well.. its different for everyone. im in house most of the time; playing video games, read book, watch movies, documentry ,youtube...
movies are my favorite... i actually made a list out of the movies i watched...
chat with random people on internet is fun too :smiling:

Reactions: Unending
U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
what sorts of things have you tried that use too much brain power? It's different for everyone
I think the issue is that even the things that don't take a lot of brain power begin to be too much when I'm running on brain power deficits. In my case, playing instruments, drawing, writing, etc are the things that I wish I could do more, yet they have to be reserved for when I've had a large dose of caffeine generally lol.
Not much of a hobby and I don't know if it's easy to do for you but in my free time I declutter my room and do a little gardening while listening to music
When I hopefully move again in the near future, I can get back into organizing my room. I did actually enjoy that from time to time at my old place but unfortunately am sleeping in a living room at the moment :(
well.. its different for everyone. im in house most of the time; playing video games, read book, watch movies, documentry ,youtube...
movies are my favorite... i actually made a list out of the movies i watched...
chat with random people on internet is fun too :smiling:
I used to be really into logging all the films that I watched on letterboxd. Turning it into a list made it more fun for sure lol.
During my NEET days:
- watching anime
- watching YouTube about various topics but mostly about missing people and crime
- gaming excessively (do not recommend)

I find that these consume most of my time so I did not explore much of other things, but I was considering more crafty hobbies like 3d pens and diamond painting
I was very into true crime type content in 2021 but found myself switching over to philosophy mainly this year. It's funny how each year the interests tend to flip for me.

Last edited:
B

BadDragon621

Feb 27, 2023
That's a very good habit

Reactions: RenMei
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Long drives, Playing board games online (while listening to music), Dining and drinking (Use caution), SaSu.

Zetsubou

Zetsubou

Friend of Despair
Mar 16, 2023
I try to read more in my free time. Mostly nonfiction books, though I'm slowly going back to fiction. Journaling is also something that I used to more often, but I just kinda dropped it due to my busy schedule and lack of concentration. I am trying to pick it back up again. I don't know if those are the types of hobbies that you're looking for, but I wanted share.

thankyou

thankyou

Thank you 🙏
Mar 2, 2023
- foraging & bird watching if you live in the climate for it

- puzzles with background music or YouTube videos

- studying history

- self-care / at-home DIY spa treatments

Just a few I've recently adopted because I needed new hobbies for the same reasons. I can totally relate to not knowing what to do with your time anymore.

Reactions: Csmith8827
dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
maybe purchase a couple of potplant seedlings, and look after them, or better still a packet of seeds & some small
pots. You can zone out from the stresses of life doing this, especially if you have a place outside to work in the sun.
It can also bring a sense of connection, that doesn't usually happen with time spent on computer related stuff.....

guayabas

guayabas

Student
Mar 19, 2023
instead of drawing, you could do something similar that takes less thought, like a coloring book. there's some cool grown up coloring books out there, or things you could print off the internet if you have access to a printer. There's also coloring apps if it's hard to get out of bed or you don't have art supplies

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
Walking outside, bike ride(takes physical energy tho), movies, read manga/comics