• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ConfusedHurting2632

ConfusedHurting2632

Student
Dec 22, 2021
To start things off, if my age matters, I am currently 21 years old BUT I turn 22 years old on July 20, which is obviously pretty soon, haha. Honestly, I'm surprised I've made it THIS FAR. I mean a whopping 21, almost 22 years, whilst being extremely depressed, bipolar, borderline, full of anxiety, AND suicidal during all that time?! Woah! :O

But anyways, recently I got put on 2 new medications...Lithium 300MG to help with my bipolar, it's a mood stabilizer...and Trazodone 100MG to help with my depression and to help me sleep as well, it's an anti-depressant. And they actually helped...A LOT. I have had tried SIX different medications before these 2, they were varieties of anti-depressants and anti-psychotics; and they all had horrible side effects and made me EVEN WORSE. But these 2 medications...THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKED!!! ;D

BUT...the REAL question, how long will feeling this good last? Judging from past experiences, when something seems to go well for me, it goes well for A LITTLE WHILE...but soon enough, before I know it, things get worse AGAIN, and also MUCH WORSE than previously...it just seems like I'm destined to be unhappy and miserable. The good times NEVER last, but the BAD times on the other hand...they last FOREVER and just keep dragging ON and ON and ON...UGGGHHH!!! >_<

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Congratulations, and Happy Birthday (a little early)!

I been trying various antidepressants and just stopped Wellbutrin. For me the side effects are worse than the depression. And the doctors want me stabilized on an antidepressant before trying anything for the anxiety. Still waiting for something to work.

For you, I hope this combo will work and the good times will last longer than before.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedHurting2632
Housefly

Housefly

May 7, 2023
Happy birthday dude. I'm on lithium as well and it's doing it's thing. I worry about the same thing. My therapist said that relapses happen while in recovery and not to be too hard on yourself. Allow yourself to feel and try to combat the negative self talk with factual events that would make even you proud that you've done. It's really not easy.

Question though, does the lithium give you the shakes? Because it does to me

• Love
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
my dad's friend had maybe thirty or forty good years on lithium and a good life. So I wish the same for you…

I tried it and it just made me wee a lot. But maybe I didn't give it enough time. It did help my SI
plus that's a nice low dose of lithium so you have room to increase if needed in future

clockwork_cat

clockwork_cat

-
Feb 24, 2023
h appy birthday i hope it lasts a long time and more after that

╱|、 (˚ˎ 。7 |、˜〵 じしˍ,)ノ itssupposed t o be a cat

• Love
synthcadia

synthcadia

dissociated angel.
Jul 8, 2023
happy birthday!

for me, i don't focus on how long it will last (it's not a due date) but what i can do, i suppose.

• Love