dontwantocareanymore

dontwantocareanymore

“Doeseverybodyhavetobethegreateststoryevertold?”
Oct 9, 2020
I accidentally stumbled across some website articles last night talking shit about this place. While I do understand some members have crossed the line/broken the rules/preyed upon people, the good here outweighs the bad.
Bodily autonomy is a human right, but the government says "no" because you have to keep bringing that money in (Big Pharma is a huge one here) & loved ones/pro-lifers want to control & attempt to "fix." While I empathize with loved ones, it is not their choice & they often make things worse when they attempt to "support."
Under any circumstance, a person's choice to CTB is theirs to make.

If I was not suicidal myself, I would love to be part of this community just to offer support. No one could ever know the lengths of emotional/physical pain or agony that someone else is going through.

I am not sorry for the simple being here to listen, to empathize, & sympathize.
So many people, so many of us, have no one to truly talk about what's inside. Risking the possibility of being hospitalized & facing scrutiny is all too much for some (probably most) to bear. I know that is the case for me. I will not allow anyone to try to force me to to stay "alive."
In addition, some people don't even have access to healthcare, mental or medical.

As far as resource information: I can guarantee the information has allowed for more peaceful, sound attempts/deaths than impulsive, painful/damaging ones/ones that involve unconsenting parties.

If someone posts "goodbye", you bet your ass I'll be there to give them love, in whatever they ultimately choose. It is not encouragement, like these articles convey. I guess my heart is just that big, like many others here, to offer words of love in someone's final moment.

From a personal standpoint, in just the small amount of time that I've been here, this place has genuinely helped me- I am happier as a person. &, I do suspect that finding SS sooner in my life could have increased my chance for recovery. I just happened to get here at the end of my rope.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fthis, Weary Soul, Deleted member 15256 and 8 others
Freedent

Freedent

art hoe
Apr 19, 2020
You worded it very well. Before i knew this place, i failed attempts i really wanted to succeed, and it's been horrible to me and my loved ones. I'm gonna CTB anyway, causing people who care about me the pain of seeing me in a terrible state at the hospital over and over again feels awful and i think everyone would be in a better place if i just succeeded in the first one.
This place helps me to stay longer when I'm feeling really impulsive suicidal thoughts. If i hadn't been here right now to vent and sort out my thoughts, i probably would've jumped into a lake tonight. Instead, i'm investigating weather it's really what i want or not and taking my time doing researches, and it's not the first time this has happened. It's really good harm reduction.

Not to mention how saying an actual goodbye is something people can't do most of the time if they're seriously considering CTB, since people will call the cops on them and such. I think it's a relief that people can say their final words in peace and that they feel heard. I'm very grateful this place exists.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning, Meditation guide and dontwantocareanymore