• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
i was feeling nauseous last night at work, came back and had a few pieces of bacon, then went to sleep.
a few hours later im still nauseous and my stomach is empty. as a recovering anorexic...this isnt pleasant...

MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING "MIND"! I CANT EAT IF YOU WANT TO THROW UP, YOU HAVE TO PICK ONE!!!!!

god why is the human body so stupid and useless.....

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
Got access to soup or protein shakes? They may be easier on your stomach.
thats not a bad idea. i forgot about that.
i didnt pick up my drinks like i meant to but ive got some soup to try.

(small semi related rant)
i hate set portions. i get they have to package them into something, but i cant eat all of that so i just go without eating instead of wasting my food. which ends up getting wasted anyway from not being used and going bad..... i cant win :meh:
i guess its better to eat some of it than none of it.... 🤷‍♀️😕

thank you for reminding me and triggering the small therapeutic rant 🫂💜

Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
thats not a bad idea. i forgot about that.
i didnt pick up my drinks like i meant to but ive got some soup to try.

(small semi related rant)
i hate set portions. i get they have to package them into something, but i cant eat all of that so i just go without eating instead of wasting my food. which ends up getting wasted anyway from not being used and going bad..... i cant win :meh:
i guess its better to eat some of it than none of it.... 🤷‍♀️😕
Just do what you can! Some soup can be stored in the fridge and reheated for a while so that could be easier to portion at least!

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death
P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
Why not eat something that stimulates appetite?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
Just do what you can! Some soup can be stored in the fridge and reheated for a while so that could be easier to portion at least!
wonderful me has horrible anxiety about food being bad 🤪 ill get uncomfortable just because i havent touched it "oh but it says....." "nope it was open idc, its bad now"

eating the soup! thank you again :)
Why not eat something that stimulates appetite?
do you have an examples?
types of food? medications?
if youre thinking something like weed, im addicted. sometimes it can help settle my stomach a bit, but for the most part not really.

Reactions: zeecen
Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
wonderful me has horrible anxiety about food being bad 🤪 ill get uncomfortable just because i havent touched it "oh but it says....." "nope it was open idc, its bad now"

eating the soup! thank you again :)

do you have an examples?
types of food? medications?
if youre thinking something like weed, im addicted. sometimes it can help settle my stomach a bit, but for the most part not really.
Haha I understand! Also cannabis is definitely the go to for increasing appetite, I don't know of anything else that does it as effectively. Stimulants like coffee, adhd medication, etc will decrease appetite.

I think the most important thing is going to be finding foods that are easy on your stomach rn. People who go without food will eventually have trouble digesting heavier meals which causes vomiting. Assuming you have no other medical issues, your body likely needs nutrients so that it can grow stronger to then properly digest foods like bacon. So it's not just soup, think anything that is easy to digest like apple sauce, juice, etc as well as water.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you
Jul 1, 2020
Haha I understand! Also cannabis is definitely the go to for increasing appetite, I don't know of anything else that does it as effectively. Stimulants like coffee, adhd medication, etc will decrease appetite.

I think the most important thing is going to be finding foods that are easy on your stomach rn. People who go without food will eventually have trouble digesting heavier meals which causes vomiting. Assuming you have no other medical issues, your body likely needs nutrients so that it can grow stronger to then properly digest foods like bacon. So it's not just soup, think anything that is easy to digest like apple sauce, juice, etc as well as water.
yeah, i typically prefer softer foods like mashed potatoes because they dont feel too heavy and the serving is adjustable, just pick a smaller potato lol

something i typically do for nausea is drink ginger ale. it might be pop but it helps 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: zeecen
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
mint tea, real ginger products (be sure to read the back of the ginger ale can), a bullion cube in hot water/other broth types and chicken noodle soup (ive heard mds refer to it as edible blood) are all good starters for nausea issues. they should soon be elevated to soup with some kinds of vegetables and well-balanced protein shakes for the sake of vitamins and minerals getting absorbed. salting soft rather bland things like tomatoes, peanut butter, potatoes, avacado, eggs etc has been shown to make them easier to stay down and help get some calories ingested. please stay healthy everyone 🖤