Dec 28, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: waterbottleman, GoodPersonEffed, Deleted member 1465 and 2 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Underscore

Are you familiar with C. M. Escher? I only ask since you are a graphic designer and his graphic art is astounding.

Anyway, the photo I posted is an actual representation of the ideas in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quarky00 and Deleted member 1465
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Lmaolmaolmaolmao

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
@Underscore

Are you familiar with C. M. Escher? I only ask since you are a graphic designer and his graphic art is astounding.

Anyway, the photo I posted is an actual representation on the ideas in this thread.
I am I just found the sudden tonal shift a bit jarring Watson

Reactions: Epsilon0
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
@Underscore

Anyway, the photo I posted is an actual representation on the ideas in this thread.
Escher is brilliant. The whole forum is like that. The whole world. The entire universe muahhaahahahah!

• Love
Reactions: Mr2005 and Epsilon0
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
Know what they're going to do next. Know things about them without them having to tell me. Is it just that I'm actually interested or does it go beyond that? Or am I just showing off?

I'm curious if you know what i'll be doing next or what you can tell me about myself.

Reactions: Epsilon0 and Mr2005
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
If only all hangings were like this :)

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
If only all hangings were like this :)

I fail to see how that would be a good thing. You realize he is ... eeerrr..... alive.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Holmes, do ask Mrs. Hudson to fetch us that tea. I am parched!

Right, the Mobius... circle? Or what's it called? Sorry, I am out of my depth here.
Yeah same principle, folds back on itself

• Love
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I fail to see how that would be a good thing. You realize he is ... eeerrr..... alive.
You make it silly I go too far that's how it works

• Hugs
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Question: favourite Sherlock Holmes?

Mine, Jeremy Brett, the one and only.

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I'm not good at reading people.

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0 and Mr2005
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I have the same "gift/curse". If people weren't so often terrible and selfish it would be a lot more fun to be "right". I don't think it's anything metaphysical or exciting...it's just paying attention to common behaviors, experience, recognizing body language etc. One thing it does allow me to do is avoid more conflict than necessary because when I see someone is starting down a script I can extricate myself. I used to try and explain, convince, be understood because so often the way I was being treated wasn't fair or right. But I learned the hard way people will deny and fight any image of themselves they don't want to be true and they will turn everything, including your suffering and needs, into something about them...if you say they are smart and great and right and beautiful they think you are a "good" person and give you so much benefit of the doubt regardless of your behavior. See Trump for a well known example. He says anyone who compliments him or strokes his ego is a "Great Person!" etc. Anyone who disagrees is a "Failure, loser, fraud!" If you disagree or make them feel wrong or "bad" in their minds you are terrible and even being an actual saint would be ignored as they choose to let their ego run the show. Most of my family is like this so I have had a lot or practice. This is SO prolific in the world I have to make a conscious effort not to think it's universal, because I have caught myself many a time prejudging and getting it wrong out of the dreaded expectation. Doesn't lessen the disappointment when it's accurate...but I'd hate to judge someone or something wrongly and make them feel like I have felt so often.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Epsilon0, Mr2005 and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
This a million percent

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I have the same "gift/curse". If people weren't so often terrible and selfish it would be a lot more fun to be "right". I don't think it's anything metaphysical or exciting...it's just paying attention to common behaviors, experience, recognizing body language etc. One thing it does allow me to do is avoid more conflict than necessary because when I see someone is starting down a script I can extricate myself. I used to try and explain, convince, be understood because so often the way I was being treated wasn't fair or right. But I learned the hard way people will deny and fight any image of themselves they don't want to be true and they will turn everything, including your suffering and needs, into something about them...if you say they are smart and great and right and beautiful they think you are a "good" person and give you so much benefit of the doubt regardless of your behavior. See Trump for a well known example. He says anyone who compliments him or strokes his ego is a "Great Person!" etc. Anyone who disagrees is a "Failure, loser, fraud!" If you disagree or make them feel wrong or "bad" in their minds you are terrible and even being an actual saint would be ignored as they choose to let their ego run the show. Most of my family is like this so I have had a lot or practice. This is SO prolific in the world I have to make a conscious effort not to think it's universal, because I have caught myself prejudging and getting it wrong out of the dreaded expectation.
I'm going to bookmark that and re read it before I go to the doctor. I can read people quite well but my ego gets in the way and I start to try and defeat them with logic. If I'm right and I can prove it, all it does is piss them off.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov, Quarky00, Mr2005 and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I have the same "gift/curse". If people weren't so often terrible and selfish it would be a lot more fun to be "right". I don't think it's anything metaphysical or exciting...it's just paying attention to common behaviors, experience, recognizing body language etc. One thing it does allow me to do is avoid more conflict than necessary because when I see someone is starting down a script I can extricate myself. I used to try and explain, convince, be understood because so often the way I was being treated wasn't fair or right. But I learned the hard way people will deny and fight any image of themselves they don't want to be true and they will turn everything, including your suffering and needs, into something about them...if you say they are smart and great and right and beautiful they think you are a "good" person and give you so much benefit of the doubt regardless of your behavior. See Trump for a well known example. He says anyone who compliments him or strokes his ego is a "Great Person!" etc. Anyone who disagrees is a "Failure, loser, fraud!" If you disagree or make them feel wrong or "bad" in their minds you are terrible and even being an actual saint would be ignored as they choose to let their ego run the show. Most of my family is like this so I have had a lot or practice.

This is exactly what Sherlock Holmes does.

He has the keenest eye for details and he makes connections that normal people, like me, don't think about.

It's nothing supernatural.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
If I'm right and I can prove it, all it does is piss them off.

That is why I have totally given up on my life getting better. I have objectively been harmed, ignored, denied...and it has never mattered what is true or what I can prove. I live in severe pain, have lost about everything and everyone, and it just gets worse. I was not responsible for nor deserved any of it. Nevertheless my suffering is seen as an affront to people. The doctors who did it, the systems who rejected appeals for help, family who need to live in their own ego, superiority, and fantasies of safety. Being right or able to prove things doesn't matter at all. Countless times I calmly and rationally had such discussions and it always ends with "WELL! (meaning they KNOW you are right but will not face it) But......" and some nonsense. Tried screaming and yelling too a few times to try the "can't beat em joing em" game and it worked about as well as one would expect.

Once you lose your independence and need others to believe in and help you...all that matters is what they choose to say is real and they usually choose what suits them and allows them to dismiss and ignore. Anger at making THEM feel afraid, guilty, exposed is the most common response to anyone being confronted with the pain of another. That realization is the most sickening awakening I have ever had.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Quarky00 and Mr2005
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
That is why I have totally given up on my life getting better. I have objectively been harmed, ignored, denied...and it has never mattered what is true or what I can prove. My suffering is seen as an affront to people. The doctors who did it, the systems who rejected appeals for help, family who need to live in their own ego, superiority, and fantasies of safety. Being right or able to prove things doesn't matter at all. Once you lose your independence and need others to believe in and help you...all that matters is what they choose to say is real and they usually choose what suits them and allows them to dismiss and ignore. Anger at making THEM feel afraid, guilty, usure is the most common response to anyone being confronted with the pain of another. That realization is the most sickening awakening I have ever had.
I don't know what to say. You've just summed up my last four years. I'm a bit shocked. :hug:

Reactions: Mr2005
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I don't know what to say. You've just summed up my last four years. I'm a bit shocked. :hug:

It's funny...when all of this first started for me, "support groups" for pain and loss etc was something all the masses and know-it-all family etc pushed. You know what those groups showed me? That we mostly all have the same experiences with people once we become victims. That victim blaming is the norm not the exception. When you then tell "the masses" what you learned/confirmed suddenly all of those victims and support groups are "wrong". Can't win.

Last edited:
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I think we've helped each other here. This is real understanding not superficial gloss. Understanding is what I'm good at. Explaining not so much so I have an even more different task on my hands.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Iiio
It's funny...when all of this first started for me, "support groups" for pain and loss etc was something all the masses and know-it-all family etc pushed. You know what those groups showed me? That we mostly all have the same experiences with people once we become victims. That victim blaming is the norm not the exception. When you then tell "the masses" what you learned/confirmed suddenly all of those victims and support groups are "wrong". Can't win.
I confess, I look at my shrink and I see in him more fundamental psychological issues than he's claiming I have. But he isn't ill or almost housebound and has a good job and a nice car, so I guess he doesn't need to be worried with being tarred with the old mental health brush.

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Explaining not so much so I have an even more different task on my hands.

I think you explain perfectly fine.
I confess, I look at my shrink and I see in him more fundamental psychological issues than he's claiming I have.

Another shared experience. I have known several "mental health professionals" on a personal level and they are just and messed up and hypocritical as anyone. I have a family member who is a therapist and who is a terrible victim blamer and hypocrite. It infuirates me that they are allowed to profit from and be "responsible" for peoples' lives when I know how they actually are. Nobody cares. People desperately need to believe in authority and experts to feel safe, and will kick and scream to deny the reality about them. It takes a lot to earn my trust anymore and most are not willing to give it...and I am not willing to pay (thanks Murica) for their needs at my expense. I remember hearing constantly "trust the professionals" before I had surgery and was doubting if I should....everyone saying "you don't know everything and they went to school for years etc" in response to any concerns. Then when they repeatedly damaged me those people would say "Well YOU chose to trust them!" etc. No winning.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: a.n.kirillov and Mr2005
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
I also read people like a book .

CcvagTqW0AAWvWh

(Daniil Kharms)

Reactions: RockBot, a.n.kirillov, Epsilon0 and 1 other person