• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

anastenka

anastenka

Rosa
Apr 25, 2024

I posted this yesterday with an unsteady mind, I have been debating prompting this question to her for a while now but her response did surprise me quite a bit. We had a very open discussion about suicide and she is aware of how much agony I go through by just existing. I first talked about VSED and how it's often aided by hospices and considered a legal form of euthanasia, and also about the young girl who committed with this method with familial support. She surprisingly accepted this after a proper explanation and basically said that by the start of next year if I still truly believe I have no life ahead of me she will respect my wishes and allow me to do so, aiding me when needed. It is impossible to do now with the home treatment team I am under but given time there will be a loophole.

She said she'd be heartbroken to do so but would, for me. I told her that she doesn't need to feel obliged to care for me and I don't want to force her into doing this but she just said she will regardless. We then had a lighthearted discussion about funerals and what music I would like to have play. I feel accepted, I am so thankful that she wasn't angry with me.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Seems like you have a great mother.....
I also thought of ctb with VSED but can't think of anybody that would help me.

• Love
Reactions: juna and anastenka
anastenka

anastenka

Rosa
Apr 25, 2024
Seems like you have a great mother.....
I also thought of ctb with VSED but can't think of anybody that would help me.
She really is lovely, I think she blames herself a lot for the way I have turned out and I don't think I could have made it this far without her support. VSED is complicated after all, it's not something you can really do alone

• Love
Reactions: juna and Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
She really is lovely, I think she blames herself a lot for the way I have turned out and I don't think I could have made it this far without her support. VSED is complicated after all, it's not something you can really do alone
I wished my mother would just understand the minimum of where "mental disorders" come from. For her I m just a weirdo who blames here for things that are not true. Whenever I say my real opinion, she breaks contact and ignores me for some weeks. She's, absolutely incaoable of see in her part in how my life turned out. I don t know who she thinks influenced me.... maybe the postman 😄.
Take good care of the precious relationship you have with her 🙏.

I know that VSED cannot be done alone. I started reading a book about it.

Last edited:
N

Neller

Apr 27, 2024
She really is lovely, I think she blames herself a lot for the way I have turne
I wished my mother would just understand the minimum of where "mental disorders" come from. For her I m just a weirdo who blames here for things that are not true. Whenever I say my real opinion, she breaks contact and ignores me for some weeks. She's, absolutely incaoable of see in her part in how my life turned out. I don t know who she thinks influenced me.... maybe the postman 😄.
Take good care of the precious relationship you have with her 🙏.

I know that VSED cannot be done alone. I started reading a book about it.

d out and I don't think I could have made it this far without her support. VSED is complicated after all, it's

I posted this yesterday with an unsteady mind, I have been debating prompting this question to her for a while now but her response did surprise me quite a bit. We had a very open discussion about suicide and she is aware of how much agony I go through by just existing. I first talked about VSED and how it's often aided by hospices and considered a legal form of euthanasia, and also about the young girl who committed with this method with familial support. She surprisingly accepted this after a proper explanation and basically said that by the start of next year if I still truly believe I have no life ahead of me she will respect my wishes and allow me to do so, aiding me when needed. It is impossible to do now with the home treatment team I am under but given time there will be a loophole.

She said she'd be heartbroken to do so but would, for me. I told her that she doesn't need to feel obliged to care for me and I don't want to force her into doing this but she just said she will regardless. We then had a lighthearted discussion about funerals and what music I would like to have play. I feel accepted, I am so thankful that she wasn't angry with me.
I am brand new here. I feel ignorant in asking but would appreciate learning what VSED is. Thanks

L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
That's very supportive and understanding of her. If you are set on this method with her help, I would strongly recommend having a very specific plan of what the response will be if you become unresponsive/pass out or don't have the energy to say no to food and water. Watching a loved one die slow is difficult and emotional, even if they feel mentally prepared. It will be difficult enough fighting your own SI, not to mention her SI for you as you deteriorate.

• Love
Reactions: juna and anastenka
anastenka

anastenka

Rosa
Apr 25, 2024
I am brand new here. I feel ignorant in asking but would appreciate learning what VSED is. Thanks
It's a form of legal self euthanasia called Voluntarily Stop Eating and Drinking, which as the name suggests, you stop eating and drinking till you pass away. It's actually considered rather painless too, most people who have chosen to go this way describe feelings of euphoria and light-headedness, but it isn't really something you can do alone.
That's very supportive and understanding of her. If you are set on this method with her help, I would strongly recommend having a very specific plan of what the response will be if you become unresponsive/pass out or don't have the energy to say no to food and water. Watching a loved one die slow is difficult and emotional, even if they feel mentally prepared. It will be difficult enough fighting your own SI, not to mention her SI for you as you deteriorate.
Oh definitely, it is something that I will have to think about and discuss nearer the time. I will possibly even try and get a DNR from my local practitioner

Reactions: juna
E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
most people who have chosen to go this way describe feelings of euphoria and light-headedness, but it isn't really something you can do alone.
I've read the opposite. It seems that stopping eating and drinking induces hallucinations and so on. Apparently an awful experience, but I'm interested in hearing reasons for why it wouldn't be so bad.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
It can be different for everyone, if you look at reports of hospice patients it is quite peaceful really. Here's a good read, https://phyllisshacter.com/the-vsed-choice/vsed-in-9-½-days/4/
Hospice patients have access to heavy pain killers and sedatives you will almost certainly not have access to. VSED on your own is incredibly slow and the odds of you caving into eating and drinking are almost guaranteed. Especially if you have someone who loves and cares about you, when the mental hunger hits and you can't think about anything but water and juice and hamburgers, it will be an incredibly difficult thing for her to deny you. The only people I know of who have been successful in VSED have been hospice patients with lots of medications and highly religious people who spent years reaching a heightened spiritual state. There is one user here who says she knows someone who did it, but that is one story and impossible to corroborate. All other users here (myself included) have always caved eventually, even if they were weeks in. The body and mind are not made to do this.

anastenka

anastenka

Rosa
Apr 25, 2024
Hospice patients have access to heavy pain killers and sedatives you will almost certainly not have access to. VSED on your own is incredibly slow and the odds of you caving into eating and drinking are almost guaranteed. Especially if you have someone who loves and cares about you, when the mental hunger hits and you can't think about anything but water and juice and hamburgers, it will be an incredibly difficult thing for her to deny you. The only people I know of who have been successful in VSED have been hospice patients with lots of medications and highly religious people who spent years reaching a heightened spiritual state. There is one user here who says she knows someone who did it, but that is one story and impossible to corroborate. All other users here (myself included) have always caved eventually, even if they were weeks in. The body and mind are not made to do this.
I have never done it myself, as I have said before but there have been cases of successful suicides via VSED, the most noting being that of Noa Pothoven. It's definitely possible and will be incredibly hard no doubt, but if I were to go down this route I would have to be committed. I have fasted for five days in the past, albeit with water, and was fine. I suppose it differs between people