FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I am 23 and i feel old . I realise now i ruined my life and it is too late for me. Sucide is best option for people like me. Being single, virgin and unemployed with no direction is not a life worth living. Covid 19 i can forget ever having a career.

My teenage years sucked. I never had friends. People my age were going parties every weekend, had boyfriends, hanging out with thier friends. Everyone in my year group had a phone and i didnt. I was builled and made of fun because of this
I never got to be a normal teenager i have lost out .

I am not young anymore. 16 is young. At 18 you are legally an adult the longer i live past 18 the older i feel.

I am too old to do anything

I wanted to work in politics( researcher in the houses of parliament or the UK civil service).

Most people who work in politics are young in thier early 20s who studied political science at university. I didnt study politics at university so i can forget it.

I want to go festivals but most people who there are 18 and stuff. Too old for that

At 23 i have no options in life

I dont know what exist for really.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lifetimepunishment, KleinerWolf, Hybrid and 5 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
You're only 23 though lol! That's really young. I'm 43 its tough.

• Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, So-lowgid, Querry1 and 2 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't think age is directly the issue. I'm only 18 and already feel a lot of what you're saying here; I've totally missed relationships, a lot of friendship, freedom and experiences that you can have when you're young because I didn't have any friends for most of my childhood. Most people would tell me I'm way too young to have missed anything, but the fact is every decision you make impacts the way your life turns out, and it's entirely possible to make bad ones at a young age. I think you're being too hard on yourself to say that you have no options left, but at the same time I understand that you will have missed certain opportunities and that can be really hard to let go of.

• Hugs
Reactions: Baguette, Sinai Silence, Loner and 1 other person
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
When I was at school when I was around 21, there was another student who was 45 at this period. He wanted to change his job but he needed to go to the university (not a real university but an equivalent for my country) because he never did this when he was younger. He manage to get his degree then he found a job, not the one that he wanted but he found one. He have a physical handicap that make it type very slow on a keyboard (he can't very use the left side of his body), but today he is a great engineer on computer science.

So I think "young" or "old" is only in the mind, at 23 you can still go to festivals and have fun, merge with younger people is not that hard at this point, and after play with your age difference can make the groove on a group.
I can't really help for this point, it's my opinion based on some unwanted experiences, and I'm not a social person and I hate physical contact with human regardless of the gender, but when I have no choice I easly play comedy and merge into the situation, it come with time.

Every things for say, age is not very important, there still have other options, maybe others school types out of the regular way (sorry I don't know how to say that in english) or some way to play with ages differences.

Reactions: AvaAdore and _Minsk
NekoNomNom

NekoNomNom

There is no right to heal the wrong
May 3, 2020

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AvaAdore and _Minsk
T

thereandgone

Trying to close my loop
May 7, 2020
I understand where you're coming from about feeling old. I think most people on this site would say that they feel old. But objectively 23 is still a young age when it comes to forging your path in life. Is it just that you feel you have no options in life or are there really no other options for you?

Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I'd give it a chance my dude. I'm 26 and I don't have my life together yet. Play life out and see what happens. Don't go at all just yet, your story is far from over.

Reactions: KleinerWolf
Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
You're still young and those high school days may shape how you feel and who you are but they're pretty much just bullshit no matter how you lived them and best left in the past. Many people have acquired what you seek and still end up here, myself included. I've seen you post pretty similar threads before and all I can really offer is an extra set of ears if you want it, but I hope this turns around for you somehow. You're not your job, relationships take a lot of work, and the quest for getting sex won't end after your first time, even if it helps your confidence a bit by losing your virginity. Be careful setting those specific goals as the key to happiness. I still haven't quite found it myself. It's tough and it will get harder, try to push yourself. I wish I hadn't wasted my 20's being sad, fucked up, or trying to please others. If you're at all like I was, take a day to do something or start something you always wanted to and don't procrastinate or make excuses. It would seriously benefit you handsomely once you hit your 30s and otherwise realize the wasted time. I hope it's not worth throwing it all away to you over money and your genitals. You're likely an awesome, beautiful person. Focus on yourself and those other things will likely come. Hopefully I don't come off as too pro life or something, I just want to be here for you.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I want to kill myself because older age sucks.

Reactions: Lifetimepunishment, Hybrid, Eternity04 and 1 other person
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
23 is old!? Wow i wish i was that old again! You've got ten or twenty years to go until you even start to begin to enter into your prime of life.

It's all in the perspective, huh? I remember when i turned ten i figured I'm not a kid anymore, I'm sort of a teenager with two digits in my age number. Some people feel young when they're 95.

Reactions: I screwed up and Brink
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
Understand completely. I've felt old since at least first grade, lol. Ruined a life with so much potential at 18 and am in my early 30's now, just trying to find as much peace as I can for as long as I can. I only exist for the small, somewhat meaningful moments I can find each day. I don't know how long anyone can exist on that. I guess we'll find out!

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I relate to a lot of what you said in this post FireFox. I'm 21 but I feel like my mental and physical age is so much older. My body always hurts all over, I struggle remembering anything, listening and talking in general. All I do is sleep most of the day whilst still feeling tired and my attention span is next to none. Having no job prospects in this current climate is a death sentence in itself; I couldn't be anymore unattractive to employers.

My childhood years were robbed from me and I was a social pariah in my teenage years. I'm already coming into my adult years degrading a lot faster than any normal person would. I don't want this life.

I'm currently looking for civil service jobs too, I'm sick of working in the industry I am and I need a job that has some security to it. Although I'm under qualified for every job that comes up near me. I keep hoping there is something out there but I don't know how long I can keep my hopes up. All I can suggest is you try to work your way up in field I hope you find a way to achieve your job prospects.

As for the festival thing you are actually at the average age for festival goers in the UK so you should go once you get the opportunity! I went to Leeds Festival last year and I felt like I was at kindergarten rather than a festival, I don't want to go again I'm not much of a fan of the lineups anymore either. I would recommend festivals like Glastonbury or Download if you want a bit of an older crowd. I don't know when festivals will open again though, hopefully next year at the earliest.

It feels impossible trying to find purpose in this machine, I hope you find your purpose. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Abgrundanziehung
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I understand you, I really do. I wanted to die when I was 19 and believed there was no path forward.

However, let me just say that after reading your post, I don't see that you have no options. I used to be a university professor. I loved having mature students in my classes. You don't need to be 18 to "start" your adult life. Sure, most of the students were, but having the extra maturity and life experience is a real benefit.

There are undoubtedly particulars of your situation that I do not know or do not understand, and you definitely have the right to choose what is best for you. What I can say is this - you are not to old to forge a new path or to have things turn around. I promise you that.

Sending you virtual hugs and wishes for peace and clarity.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence
Hybrid

Hybrid

Jun 30, 2020
Nearly the same , even the age. I just can't cope having lost my youth, and i know that the future will just be even worse, i will feel even more shy, alone and inferior to the other humans.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sinai Silence