S

somerandomguy123

Oct 28, 2023
I'd like to say I'm attractive, I tend to get a fair share of attention from women, I have a lot of friends, amazing amazing parents, a situation ship with a really attractive and kind girl, I got accepted into the top 8 university in the world for economics. I know from what people have told me that they are jealous of me in some aspects - yet I have never wanted to CTB more than I do now. Every time I wake up and wish I could experience that empty nothingness feeling of being asleep again. This made me wonder that when I see someone who looks like they have everything going for them and they are happy, whether it's really true. Because I see someone who looks like they have everything going for them and they are really happy then I think, what if it's like with me? Is there anyone who genuinely walks around with not a single concern? When I look at people I assume there are, but then people have told me they think that's how I appear to be.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, R_N, Beyond_Repair and 3 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I doubt anyone is truly happy on this prison planet of suffering.
Rich and so - called successful people get bored and depressed just like the rest of us I guess.
I wonder if this is why a lot of them become alcoholics and drug addicts ?

Reactions: sserafim, SMmetalhead36, SpiritualDeath and 2 others
Doz

Doz

Gloom and DOOM
Aug 15, 2023
I'd say that's an absurd concept. Though I believe one can be truly happy, there will always be issues even if they're minor. True happiness does not equate to perfection. I think it's a matter of perspective. People with a more positive outlook will easily perceive the good over the bad and vice versa for the contrary. It's hard for people with a negative outlook to believe it's true because what they know to be reality is what reality is for them. We can't ever live in someone else's shoes and see that different experience is first-hand.

Reactions: sserafim, Aim and somerandomguy123
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Happiness doesn't even exist to me, I don't get how anyone could ever wish to exist, existence is a burden and there is no safety from suffering in this hellish world. But in my case I would always prefer to not exist, only nothingness is desirable.

Reactions: sserafim, AncientSorrow, SMmetalhead36 and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
There are definitely people who have what you have and are happy. There are definitely people who have what you have and are miserable and suicidal to the point of carrying it out. Countless cases. People don't tend to broadcast their struggles especially if they have seemingly blissful lives. We should always be careful about making assumptions.

Some people will just boil it all down to depression in cases like yours. Whether that is accurate or not in your case have you ever sought treatment, someone to talk to?

Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I dont think any human could be happy all the time, there will always be stuff happening that would cause some kind of sadness. But I believe that those not struggeling as much have a higher degree of tolerance to life events. I believe if a human is 60-70% happy. That is very good. If it starts going down to 30-20% I believe then it's maybe a sign that something needs to change or help maybe needed.

Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
no one is ever 100% happy with no issues, it's completely impossible. there's always gonna be something giving you problems.
in our society, happiness is often artificial. we obtain superficial bliss with drugs, alcohol, sex, medication etc. but nothing really gets rid of problems forever.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and sserafim
S

somerandomguy123

Oct 28, 2023
There are definitely people who have what you have and are happy. There are definitely people who have what you have and are miserable and suicidal to the point of carrying it out. Countless cases. People don't tend to broadcast their struggles especially if they have seemingly blissful lives. We should always be careful about making assumptions.

Some people will just boil it all down to depression in cases like yours. Whether that is accurate or not in your case have you ever sought treatment, someone to talk to?
I've just turned 18 and couldn't really afford it and wouldn't want to tell my mum. I don't really believe in therapy idk

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
overrdone

overrdone

for the best.
Oct 22, 2023
I don't remember where I heard it but it went something like this.
"No matter where you look in the world, there's not much to enjoy – it's full of suffering and pain. And if by some chance you escape that, boredom is just waiting around every corner."

avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I do believe in the existence of truly happy people. In fact, i think atleast half of the western population is like that.
Sure, they get sad when their relative dies, or when they lose their job.
But these kind of people don't ever seem to be like really bothered about those things and get over it in a week.

It reminds me of my school days when a lot of people complained about how school really sucks, yet they go there everyday, laugh with their friends, study well and get good grades.

For me, school really sucked, just like they said, but and when i say that, i actually mean that.
I skipped from school a lot, i felt constantly anxious and irritated. I didn't study and got bad grades.
And eventually when vocational / high school didn't work out, i dropped out, because it sucked.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I've just turned 18 and couldn't really afford it and wouldn't want to tell my mum. I don't really believe in therapy idk
Maybe your universiity has mental health resources. You're not a minor so they shouldn't disclose it to your family. Maybe you will find university life will somehow improve your mental state.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Brain = problems
Being alive = stress , working, getting bored, always wanting more, never being truly happy with what we got, trying to do stuff to impress friends ans family (lolll stupid) etc.

Nothingness = peace forever

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I'd like to say I'm attractive, I tend to get a fair share of attention from women, I have a lot of friends, amazing amazing parents, a situation ship with a really attractive and kind girl, I got accepted into the top 8 university in the world for economics. I know from what people have told me that they are jealous of me in some aspects - yet I have never wanted to CTB more than I do now. Every time I wake up and wish I could experience that empty nothingness feeling of being asleep again. This made me wonder that when I see someone who looks like they have everything going for them and they are happy, whether it's really true. Because I see someone who looks like they have everything going for them and they are really happy then I think, what if it's like with me? Is there anyone who genuinely walks around with not a single concern? When I look at people I assume there are, but then people have told me they think that's how I appear to be.
I've always wondered what it's like to just be naturally happy, or at least naturally content as your default state. The only time I've ever felt content is when I'm inebriated lol.

I've been told I'm attractive by both men and women, but my social anxiety and low self-esteem is so bad that it doesn't really matter. I've always looked at people who come from wealth, never have to worry about money, have their college tuition and apartment/living situation paid for, and often have family connections to get them jobs after college, and thought surely they must be happy because they have nothing to worry about. They have enough money to even make themselves attractive if they wanted, so that shouldn't factor in. But that's not the case - mental illness doesn't discriminate

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
Torabol

Torabol

Student
Apr 15, 2023
I disagree with the common mantra of 'rich people also get depressed', rich people who suicided always had a long list of tragedies that happened to them before they got wealthy. Bennington with his troubled life prior to being wealthy, Williams due to his disease. If you're wealthy and had a normal upbringing you will not kill yourself. This is my opinion.

I don't believe happiness can exist outside of a secure financial life, it is a prerequisite - even if some rich people are depressed due to their past.

Reactions: sserafim
deadtomorrow

deadtomorrow

Oct 25, 2023
Neurotransmitters.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and Immensevoid
B

bigfishlittlefish

Student
Dec 21, 2021
Happiness is a lie we convince ourselves is true so that the crushing weight of how hard life is doesn't drag every last one of us down prematurely