• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Does anyone else wish that they could die of hypothermia? I actually heard about this method from a link on this site, and I think that it would be so nice to ctb alone in the mountains. I wish I could run away from everything and all of my problems, and ctb surrounded by snow…

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: annointed_towers, Kit1, painmustend and 4 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I hate being cold, so no. But, if it was the only way I could do it then I'd use this method.

Reactions: Kit1 and sserafim
aiki__0

aiki__0

Sep 18, 2023
I feel like it would be the most painful and slowest way to go out compared to some other methods. And it would have to be cold enough to actually kill you
Your body would start shutting down slowly and heat cramps will begin, then eventually heat stroke. Personally, this sounds like torture to me

Reactions: Kit1, silentcicada and sserafim
inviável

inviável

I
May 27, 2023
I guess is easier for me to die of Heat stroke than hypothrtmia because of how hot is my country, but if i had a chance i would drink a lot and be out in the cold

Reactions: sserafim and Kit1
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
I read and heard if you are very drunk, then it can happen peacefully and without you recognizing that you are dying. You will get sleep and loose your conscience.
Death is inevitable if you stay outside throughout the cold night.

Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
Does anyone else wish that they could die of hypothermia? I actually heard about this method from a link on this site, and I think that it would be so nice to ctb alone in the mountains. I wish I could run away from everything and all of my problems, and ctb surrounded by snow…
Well, I don't know if anyone else will see this thread but I'll respond anyway...

I think it's possible to die from hypothermia if you're drunk enough or maybe if you take some really strong sleeping pills.

hopelessoceanic25

hopelessoceanic25

Agony.
Nov 29, 2023
This was a method I thought about but it sounds so painful. With my obsession with the Titanic, a lot of survivors have said it was not pleasant in the water. Specifically, Fifth Officer Charles Lightoller said: "it feels like a thousand knives stabbing your body all at once." When talking about cold shock and dealing with the painfully cold water temp.

Now, getting hypothermia from being in the cold might be different from being in cold water, but I imagine it would be along the same lines of pain.

Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
This was a method I thought about but it sounds so painful. With my obsession with the Titanic, a lot of survivors have said it was not pleasant in the water. Specifically, Fifth Officer Charles Lightoller said: "it feels like a thousand knives stabbing your body all at once." When talking about cold shock and dealing with the painfully cold water temp.

Now, getting hypothermia from being in the cold might be different from being in cold water, but I imagine it would be along the same lines of pain.
Based on other threads and some information, it may be possible to die from hypothermia if you are drunk enough, plus some drinks warm your body.

Some sleeping pills should be able to help too, as long as they are heavy sleeping pills. It's best to test sleep aids first to ensure they're effective, as it would be very bad to wake up during frostbite.

I have a certain obsession with the cold, I prefer cold temperatures over heat, but as I live in a tropical country, temperatures are always very high, especially due to global warming.

So if I had to die, it would be this way. I would travel somewhere relatively freezing, first to "enjoy" a bit before I die, and then leave. I think the most viable option would be to travel to Yakutsk in Russia since just walking around the city you can freeze in just a few minutes given the low temperatures.

Reactions: sserafim, Kit1 and LeperGnome
tunnelV

tunnelV

Misanthrope is my religion
Oct 19, 2023
I got hypothermia 3 years ago. I think it could work. It's definitely not a common method but actually pretty smart. At least if you live in a place that gets very cold. You can get hypothermia at 40 or below technically. Odds are better if you're in below zero. To make odds better drink alcohol which lowers your body temperature even more. I got it in 16 degrees, it was snowing outside as well. It can happen within 10 minutes.

When I got it, when I was in the cold I felt physically normal. It wasn't until I got in the heat and started to "defrost" that I knew something was wrong. I sat under a very hot shower and was still cold. Sat in front of a space heater. I was still cold and shivering for 15 hours straight. The person I was speaking with said I was talking somewhat nonsensical. Then I fell asleep for 18 hours straight. That week I felt awful somewhat like a cold, physical and mental brain recovery for a week, brain fog like I've never experienced.

I've been health obsessed for most of my life. Which means a lot of random reading about medical things. So I knew what it was. I went through it alone at home. I didn't have health insurance. I was more like whatever if I died from it. I rather than have 100k medical debt.

You'll feel normal during as long as you stay in the cold. If you go to an environment that's warmer you will feel sick. If you recover you are going to feel pretty awful for a week or more. Just keep that in mind.

Reactions: sserafim, Kit1 and Ethernatuskoi
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
You'll feel normal during as long as you stay in the cold. If you go to an environment that's warmer you will feel sick. If you recover you are going to feel pretty awful for a week or more. Just keep that in mind
Based on this, will drinking alcohol to warm up the body only make things worse or not ?

Furthermore, thanks for the informations ;)

Reactions: sserafim, Kit1 and tunnelV
tunnelV

tunnelV

Oct 19, 2023
Based on this, will drinking alcohol to warm up the body only make things worse or not ?

Furthermore, thanks for the informations ;)
It's an illusion. Alcohol actually lowers your body temperature. It doesn't warm you up it makes you feel warm all while doing the opposite. I think when I got it, it was partly do to me drinking heavily the night before. So drinking alcohol will make your risk for hypothermia higher.

Reactions: sserafim, Kit1 and Ethernatuskoi
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
It's an illusion. Alcohol actually lowers your body temperature. It doesn't warm you up it makes you feel warm all while doing the opposite. I think when I got it, it was partly do to me drinking heavily the night before. So drinking alcohol will make your risk for hypothermia higher.
Oh yes, that was my question. Thanks for answering.

I really want to try this method and so I'm going to collect as much information as possible and plan everything very carefully to avoid things going wrong. And of course, I'm not going to try anything this year or next. It will be a while before I can get enough money to travel to somewhere relatively cold and with low temperatures.

I have been thinking about traveling to countries like Norway, Iceland, Russia (Yakutsk), Siberia or even Greenland to perform the method and also because I would like to visit one of these places before I die...

But thinking about it, would it be that if I drank alcohol to give the illusion that my body is warm and then doused myself in cold water and was exposed to sub-zero temperatures, would this increase my chances even further ?😕

Reactions: sserafim, tunnelV and Kit1
tunnelV

tunnelV

Oct 19, 2023
Oh yes, that was my question. Thanks for answering.

I really want to try this method and so I'm going to collect as much information as possible and plan everything very carefully to avoid things going wrong. And of course, I'm not going to try anything this year or next. It will be a while before I can get enough money to travel to somewhere relatively cold and with low temperatures.

I have been thinking about traveling to countries like Norway, Iceland, Russia (Yakutsk), Siberia or even Greenland to perform the method and also because I would like to visit one of these places before I die...

But thinking about it, would it be that if I drank alcohol to give the illusion that my body is warm and then doused myself in cold water and was exposed to sub-zero temperatures, would this increase my chances even further ?😕
If you doused yourself cold water and were in Yakutsk that would definitely be successful. You wouldn't even need the alcohol at that point. It's just something that works on the inside to lower your body temperature. While the cold environment is working outside to lower it. A combination.

There is a point where you feel really cold like uncomfortably cold. Then you'll feel normal in it. What I experienced had to be considered mild. You're talking about severe hypothermia. Please keep in mind that with severe you can experience delirium(likely will). Which means you can do anything in that state of mind. You won't be in your right mind.

Reactions: sserafim
Ethernatuskoi

Ethernatuskoi

Life is a very bad joke
Oct 24, 2023
If you doused yourself cold water and were in Yakutsk that would definitely be successful. You wouldn't even need the alcohol at that point. It's just something that works on the inside to lower your body temperature. While the cold environment is working outside to lower it. A combination.

There is a point where you feel really cold like uncomfortably cold. Then you'll feel normal in it. What I experienced had to be considered mild. You're talking about severe hypothermia. Please keep in mind that with severe you can experience delirium(likely will). Which means you can do anything in that state of mind. You won't be in your right mind.
I think that to avoid the risk of becoming delirious, the most recommended thing is to take sleeping pills. Preferably it would have to be heavier medicines than normal, but the difficult part would be getting these medicines legally.

But yeah, I think it could work perfectly.

Reactions: tunnelV and sserafim
T

ThanatosFindMe

Jul 30, 2023
I've been thinking about this method lately. So simple. I live alone and my gazebo is boarded up for winter. I could inflate my airbed and lie down. Drink some scotch and maybe some benadryl to get drowsy and get past the shivering stage. After Christmas dinner, nobody is really expecting to see me until work starts up in the new year.

L

letmeoutofthis

Feb 5, 2024
I am also thinking about it rercently, just waiting for winter :D I'll probably go to Norway and just die somewhere in the mountains