• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Plankter

Plankter

欠陥人
Aug 14, 2018
I'm quite convinced I have major depressive disorder and not anything like bipolar disorder. However I've started noticing that certain environmental triggers can put me in a state of hypomania that lasts until the trigger disappears. Now the reason I think this is not just a regular "having a good time occasionally" thing is because what I experience during these episodes completely matches hypomania/mania symptoms found in BPD, and the elevated good/high mood I feel is too extreme to be just "enjoying the moment". Does anybody else experince this? Do you know if it's a regular occurrence in MDD?

Post script: the triggers I mentioned include being with old friends, aaand that's all as far as I can recall.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I can relate .
I was a life of the party some times , on the booze and smoke.
( hard to believe ...)

I experience mania on my own ... a big upswing where everything is possible and
my normal depression is not in dominant mode.

I am asking myself if this mania is like a panic attack ?

Maybe a high energy active 'aroused' brain state , like panic , BUT because we are in a social situation
( feeling safe ? ) it feels good .

A bit lateral , but I'm wondering if that might be the case .

The mania feels like it's normal ... even though I know it is 'unusual' , it is still
so oceanic ( like the normal depression ) that it feels normal ...

Fooled , it feels like , by the whole chaotic mood bubble or whatever this 'isness' is .

( It's a huge step to begin to deal with this . I spent most of my life so debilitated by depression and mood
swings I could never get traction with it ... I just used to self medicate with booze )