Student
Jul 5, 2018
Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) - why not?

* "knock down"
* 1000 ppm lethal
* cause of death: similar to cyanide
* reliable: 10/10 (PPE)
* 500 deaths in japan 2008
* antidote: i have not seen a medical article with survival from lethal levels of H2S

("In Japan, it is reported that more than 500 people killed themselves in the first half of 2008 by this
means.")

Conclusion
What could be more pleasant death then rendered unconscious faster then nembutal by what in medical article is referred to as H2S "knock down"?

If you are willing to pay the price of the rotten egg smell of H2S you might get there faster and more reliable then nembutal.

H

HannibalLector

Student
Jul 5, 2018
Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) vs CO (sulfuric acid and formic acid)
H2S will probably reach lethal levels faster then CO (1000 ppm vs 10000 ppm). The implication of this could be up to 30 minutes unnecessary suffering with CO.

I also get the impression that the sulfuric acid and formic acid reaction is slow, there are ways to speed it up like use several beakers, use of larger amounts of the acids and apply heat! I dont have reliable source on the speed of the reaction. Nitschke video of "death machine" was it about 30 minutes (if i remember correctly) to produce the gas with that machine (machine might be slower then mix).

Reaction speed visible from 1.40

CO also brings the risk of resuscitate and permanent brain damage.

Reactions: DyslexicForeigner