• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Aug 21, 2019
On e-bay there are some measurement device for H2S and CO, I don't know if there are suitable but better than just hope. On youtube I saw an experiment with a mouse. The H2S was produced with iron sulfur and HCL. The mouse knocked out very quickly, if there wouldnt rescued her the mouse would died.

Lennox

Lennox

No alarms, and no surprises...
Jul 21, 2019
Next time, i will drive out somewhere and do it, and it seems easier to make iron sulfide - i'll try that.
My experience with iron sulfide (Fes) wasn't satisfactory. I don't know if the problem might haven been the product I bought. The bottle says 78.30% purity. I could only find it locally in the form of small rocks (see picture at the end), and you need it in as fine-grained a powder as possible to speed up reactions. It was a bitch to grind, very hard, and there was loss of product since the only tool that worked was a hammer and on many times when i hit the rocks small pieces would go flying.

The reaction was extremely slow upon mixing the FeS powder with concentrated sulfuric acid. Adding water didn't change a thing.

The reaction of FeS and hydrochloric acid (HCL) 37% was faster, but still in my opinion too slow for ctb purposes. We need fast buildup of gas to go unconscious in seconds. Again, I've seen faster reactions between FeS and HCL on youtube, so there's a chance my FeS wasn't good enough.

My next step will be to try and use calcium sulfide, which is similar to what is commonly used in the successful "detergent suicides" (that is, lime sulfur, made of "calcium polysulfides") we see on the internet. I think calcium sulfide will yield better results than calcium polysulfides. Also I know how to roughly calculate the expected hydrogen sulfide produced with calcium sulfide, but not with calcium polysulfides.

I'll have to make the calcium sulfide since it's ridiculously expensive to buy, I'll try this simple recipe:

On e-bay there are some measurement device for H2S and CO, I don't know if there are suitable but better than just hope. On youtube I saw an experiment with a mouse. The H2S was produced with iron sulfur and HCL. The mouse knocked out very quickly, if there wouldnt rescued her the mouse would died.
The problem with these devices is that they usually don't measure the high concentrations needed to ctb. The H2S devices usually measure up to 100ppm (1000ppm for painless ctb is needed). As for CO, there's only one device known to measure up to the necessary concentration (10,000ppm), it's called TPI 707, it's a bit pricey though.

20190906 1452321

Last edited:
Reactions: Revan16
Lennox

Lennox

Jul 21, 2019
So I have tried detergent suicide three times and it hasn't worked for me.

1. Dandruff shampoo (1%) + toilet cleaner (9.5%)

I used 2 bottles of shampoo and the drain cleaner in a bucket inside my car. Zero or very slow reaction.

2. Dandruff shampoo (1%) + toilet cleaner (9.5%)

I used 6 bottles of shampoo and 2 bottles of drain cleaner, left in a closet for about 3 hours and still nothing.

3. Made my own lime sulfur (?%) and mixed with Muriatic (32%)

Couldn't find Lime Sulfur anywhere, so i went on youtube to figure out how to make my own:
Ingredients were easy to obtain - sulfur (90%) and hydrated lime from a store selling stuff for plants etc. muriatic acid from a hardware store - they sold it to balance swimming pool ph.

Spent 2 hours cooking it, smell wasn't the best. Took whatever i made, wrote my notes down, went to my bathroom and mixed the acid in. Crazy reaction, but i didn't get knocked out. It was hard to breathe in. I stayed in for about 10 mins, (ex) girlfriend came in early and for some reason decided to look into my bathroom window (instinct?).

I walked out and she said it was smelling like rotten eggs. Told her to get tf out of the house. She quickly figured out what was going on and made me get rid of everything.

I wanna try again, coz i'm pretty sure i f'ed up during the cooking. But i don't have the chemistry knowledge to understand what went wrong.

I think what went wrong is that you didn't have enough Muriatic acid and lime sulfur. So you didn't produce high enough hydrogen sulfide concentration. And about the Dandruff shampoo , if it's 1% concentration of sulfides then it's not suitable, it means that only 1% of its volume was useful in the reaction.
What bothers me about using lime sulfur is that I don't know its exact chemical formula, making it extremely hard to calculate the expected hydrogen sulfide yield.
I'll try calcium sulfide in place of lime sulfur because the calculations become easy. I'll buy the stuff to make calcium sulfide next week, but if that doesn't pan out then I'll have to resort to lime sulfur too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revan16 and Baskol1
R

Revan16

Aug 30, 2019
My next step will be to try and use calcium sulfide, which is similar to what is commonly used in the successful "detergent suicides" (that is, lime sulfur, made of "calcium polysulfides") we see on the internet. I think calcium sulfide will yield better results than calcium polysulfides. Also I know how to roughly calculate the expected hydrogen sulfide produced with calcium sulfide, but not with calcium polysulfides.

The problem with these devices is that they usually don't measure the high concentrations needed to ctb. The H2S devices usually measure up to 100ppm (1000ppm for painless ctb is needed). As for CO, there's only one device known to measure up to the necessary concentration (10,000ppm), it's called TPI 707, it's a bit pricey though.
Can you perchance share your calcs when done? I'm not very good at that and i want to get the quantities right.

Reactions: Lennox
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
This method is very appealing to me but I'm concerned about doing it in my car, which is not 100% sealed. I wouldn't be able to trust my mother to euthanize me if I became a veggie.

Reactions: Lennox
Lennox

Lennox

Jul 21, 2019
Can you perchance share your calcs when done? I'm not very good at that and i want to get the quantities right.
Sure thing. I haven't yet done the setup to cook the calcium sulfide. The thing is, it would be hard to justify the additional setup to my folks (I'd be paying out of my own pocket, but I live with them) . So I'm still unsure about it. They know I've attempted to synthesize poison before (I failed because I did it completely wrong, tried at a much lower temperature than what was required, due to lacking proper equipment at the time, I don't know what I was hoping to accomplish).

Therefore I'm studying lime sulfur, doing heavy reading and asking very roundabout questions on chemistry forums and discords all around. To see if I can find a way calculate the H2S yield from that. It's a very complicated reaction and with little to no documentation, unfortunately. I'll post updates to that here on this thread.

This method is very appealing to me but I'm concerned about doing it in my car, which is not 100% sealed. I wouldn't be able to trust my mother to euthanize me if I became a veggie.
Other than of course recommending you got a more airtight place if possible, if this was carbon monoxide I'd suggest you took SN at the same time, to increase chances of success even if the gas somehow fell short. But there's one interesting thing in this case: SN is, weirdly enough, administered as an antidote to hydrogen sulfide poisoning. Though in much lower doses than we use to ctb. But still I'll be hesitant to take it along with hydrogen sulfide.

Last edited:
Lennox

Lennox

Jul 21, 2019
Alright. I decided to not pursue this method anymore. Whenever I ctb I'll stick to the CO method. The problems for me is that I lack the proper setup to make Calcium Sulfide (though it isn't hard), which I believe is the ideal reagent. And, if using the second best thing, Lime Sulfur, I couldn't find a way to exactly calculate the H2S produced on my own (without a measuring device, that is). This bothered me. Because if H2S isn't high enough the method doesn't work.

Still, there are estimates of the necessary quantities on the internet, you can extrapolate from that. In this discussion for example (it's kind of a mess,but it's in there) https://talk.euthanasia.narkive.com/VS2ath49/how-to-detergent-suicide-hydrogen-sulfide-suicide
I guess there was better info on 8chan, but it's probably permanently gone.

What I learned about Lime Sulfur though is that is constituted mainly of Calcium Polysulfides, of formula CaSx (where x varies from 2 to 7).
When you mix CaSx with an acid (preferably hydrochloric acid, HCl) you have the following equation:

CaSx + 2HCL -> H2Sx + CaCl2 (where, on both counts, x varies from 2 to 7)

The H2Sx (hydrogen polysulfides) produced is however highly unstable on its own, and even more so on a acidic environment (which is the case) and so readily decomposes into H2S (hydrogen sulfide, which is what we want) and elemental sulfur (S):

H2Sx -> H2S + S

I couldn't find a way the calculate the rough percentage of hydrogen sulfide produced there, that's what bothered me.

The ctb will probably be more peaceful if the acid used is hydrochloric acid (HCl), instead of sulfuric acid (H2SO4). The reason being that H2SO4 also reacts with the elemental sulfur released, producing sulfur dioxide (SO2). And sulfur dioxide when breathed readily reacts with the moisture of mucous membranes to form sulfurous acid (H2SO3), which is a severe irritant.

About making Lime Sulfur, I found better sources (videos) in Spanish and Portuguese but I guess it wouldn't be useful to post them here. One thing the English sources don't often comment is that you should convert the Lime into 'hydrated lime' before using it, to do so simply mix it with water and wait for it to cool down. Then you go ahead and heat it while mixing with sulfur.

Reactions: Taki, DoesANameEvenMatter and Revan16
R

Rohit

Oct 22, 2019
Hey guys I have decided to go with H2S method. But I am facing trouble in finding sulfur resources as here . Can you suggest some alternative. I couldn't find lime sulfur nor bath salt here.

1. Pesticide - I don't know which one to chose because composition issues . Tell me if any pesticide works fine .can I use organic too ?

2. Can I use sulfur powder ? If yes , tell me quantity

3. Calcium polysulphide solution? If yes , please tell me quantity

I don't want to have failure of the ctb and end up in painful way to get admitted in hospital. Please please, reply me

Aug 21, 2019
Sulfur powder alone not. You need to make the sulfur powder to iron sulfur by heating some iron until it glows and then put it to the sulfur. Then it will react with a strong acid like HCL or H2SO4. I can't say the exact amount but in a confined space not much.

R

Rohit

Oct 22, 2019
I
Sulfur powder alone not. You need to make the sulfur powder to iron sulfur by heating some iron until it glows and then put it to the sulfur. Then it will react with a strong acid like HCL or H2SO4. I can't say the exact amount but in a confined space not much.
I purchased calcium polysulphide liquid ( 5 litre , 99% purity) . Going to do ctb in a isolated apartment ( tiny bathroom) . How much volume of Lysol / harpic (9.5 hcl) needed to buy ? Can I just mix them or anything else ? How much polysulphide liquid do I need to use for ctb