• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
All in the title, but to elaborate, I have therapy tomorrow. I know I should tell her the truth since it'll make me feel a lot better and honesty is a good thing. She's not super pro life or anything like that luckily, she just tells it to me how it is and I like that about her. If I were to describe this forum to someone like her though, what would be the most accurate way to describe it without using too flowery of language?

Reactions: RosyMapleMothss
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
I'm not telling mine about it, or that I'm suicidal. Last thing I want is to be forced into a straight jacket and thrown into a padded room.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, whats_the_point, MyBrokenBrain and 25 others
strawb12

strawb12

-
Mar 26, 2023
Yeah telling my therapist the truth has never helped me in the past but if you think itll help you just describe it as a community of people you enjoy being a part of. It just happens that most of us are also suicidal

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Peerless_Cucumber, SecretDissociation, undecided and 11 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I mean, so long as you don't try to elope or go awol on the doctors, I doubt the straitjacket would come into factor.

Reactions: undecided and RosyMapleMothss
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
That's a tough one. Its distinguishing characteristic is obviously the freedom of expression users have when it comes to discussing methods and the like— the ability we have to ask questions that can't be asked anywhere else. But it strikes me as much more like a support system for the suicidal (and often depressed) than anything else.

Only unlike what may be expected of a conventional support system for the suicidal, decisions to ctb are respected. But maybe you could leave that part out if you think she'd react negatively.

• Hugs
Reactions: RosyMapleMothss, EternalShore and not-2-b-the-answer
Greyscale

Greyscale

Sep 19, 2023
If you feel like it'll make you feel better then I think it would be beneficial to tell her.

Communication and understanding are both extremely important in therapy.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided, RosyMapleMothss and not-2-b-the-answer
M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
All in the title, but to elaborate, I have therapy tomorrow. I know I should tell her the truth since it'll make me feel a lot better and honesty is a good thing. She's not super pro life or anything like that luckily, she just tells it to me how it is and I like that about her. If I were to describe this forum to someone like her though, what would be the most accurate way to describe it without using too flowery of language?
That's easy. Don't tell her. I told me councilor and I was committed

• Hugs
Reactions: RosyMapleMothss, lachrymost, EternalShore and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: whats_the_point, bluebus, The Burning Fool and 6 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
That's a tough one. Its distinguishing characteristic is obviously the freedom of expression users have when it comes to discussing methods and the like— the ability we have to ask questions that can't be asked anywhere else. But it strikes me as much more like a support system for the suicidal (and often depressed) than anything else.

Only unlike what may be expected of a conventional support system for the suicidal, decisions to ctb are respected. But maybe you could leave that part out if you think she'd react negatively.
I can actually parse something from this. I like the fact I can get stuff off my chest in a place where I don't have to mince words or dance around the issue. Thank you for providing me something I can work with. I think I'll put emphasis on the fact of being able to express things and actually get the support and things I need from it unlike in other spaces where being listened to is basically a struggle and a fight.

Screaming like a banshee will not help anything. Please don't shout at me and actually tell me why I shouldn't instead of just saying I shouldn't. Just telling me to not do the thing will not prevent me from doing the thing and may actually get me to do the thing out of spite.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: undecided, LonelyKitten, RosyMapleMothss and 3 others
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Do not tell.
Reasons not to: you could be committed, lose your freedom, lose the right to own a gun (if in the US), be forced to take meds with terrible side effects, lose lots of money, lose the freedom to ctb when you wish, and will learn the hard way that you cant trust a therapist. You could also draw unwanted negative attention to this site.
It's very nice to express your thankfulness to members here, but there's no need to proclaim it to the outside world. They would never appreciate it anyway.
I understand that you trust the therapist, but it's a very untrustworthy field, based on my own experience and all the other horrible experiences you can read about in this forum.
Honesty is not always the safest policy, even if you think it would make you feel good for a little while.
Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Thisisme373, limaneta, RosyMapleMothss and 6 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I can actually parse something from this. I like the fact I can get stuff off my chest in a place where I don't have to mince words or dance around the issue. Thank you for providing me something I can work with. I think I'll put emphasis on the fact of being able to express things and actually get the support and things I need from it unlike in other spaces where being listened to is basically a struggle and a fight.

Screaming like a banshee will not help anything. Please don't shout at me and actually tell me why I shouldn't instead of just saying I shouldn't. Just telling me to not do the thing will not prevent me from doing the thing and may actually get me to do the thing out of spite.
Then dont ask

• Yay!
Reactions: IfyouareamanWinston
exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
I know that most people here will discourage you from sharing, and it makes sense why they would. SS feels like a space to protect and letting mental health professionals know about it feels counterproductive. Further, it could put you at risk for getting committed or having your freedom restricted to some capacity. But I think you are posting this here because you really do feel like it's the right thing for you to do. So, it may be the unpopular opinion, but I say share.

I shared with my therapist. He is extremely receptive and understanding of these things. I've gone as far as telling him extreme detail about my plans and methods and he never once had me committed. His help actually ended up getting me out of that really dark, urgent place. It is a risk that I took, and it paid off. This will be a risk that you will take, too. If it feels right within your gut then I think you should.

Personally, I told my therapist in a very slow build up. He knew for a while that I was struggling with thoughts of suicide without really knowing if I was going to execute it. My childhood best friend actually found this site first, and next week is her two year death anniversary. I started off telling him about how she found the forum, and how it broke my heart that she passed away. As time went on, I began hinting that I was getting more serious with my thoughts. That's when I told him I browsed this website in a moment of temptation and that I was really getting close. Now, he knows that I am an active member here (he does NOT know the name of the website), and is actively encouraging me to get off of it. I'm not really talking about it much now because I know it isn't something I want to be talked out of at the moment.

In terms of what you want to say specifically, that is completely up to you. Whatever feels right. I elected not to give my therapist names or identifying information about SS, but I did tell him it was a forum that was pro-choice on the subject of suicide, and offered resources and support for those who want to end their life. I also said that that was the means in which my best friend got her materials for her death, and how everyone on the forum is open minded to death being the best option for someone. It was very relieving to not live this in complete secrecy, but also scary to open it up with someone. Overall though, I know I have the freedom to talk about it when something comes up. Like recently, I thought a member here passed away that I was on the phone with, but turns out he survived. It was a lot of whiplash and really scary for me but I have someone I can talk to about it that knows.

All in all, you will know what feels right and what you want to keep to yourself. You will navigate through it once you start talking. It is not your responsibility to protect SS, and consequences that may come from sharing are all a part of the risks you take. You will know if it is worth it when you get there. Please reach out if you need someone to talk to.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: pretzelsandballoons, undecided, LonelyKitten and 9 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Thank you for understanding me and writing this out in a way I understand it. My therapist and I knew each other for years and she knows me better than to go performative and pedantic so it's a back and forth of objectivity, practicality, and an understanding of logical sides. I know people think I'm gonna share the actual site name REST ASSURED, I WON'T. I JUST CALL IT SASU. I appreciate you taking your time to write out this constructive comment and I think I can mirror this approach in my own style. You know what? Have a follow. @401kind

• Hugs
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, EternalShore, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
TheWorld'sLeftovers

TheWorld'sLeftovers

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
You should never let people discourage you from doing what you want to do, whether you decide to tell your therapist or not. Basically, SS came together because we are collectively against the current state of "mental health care" as it is presented now. You might get into a little ethical scuffle over the right to die and things like that. If the therapist tells you to get off the site, note that we have a recovery forum. This is just a place to talk like we can't talk anywhere else.

• Love
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, SadPingu and not-2-b-the-answer
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I don't like the overall approach of the current mental healthcare as much as anyone else, I can attest to this. Overall, it sucks, especially being someone who was committed 20+ times. I get it. The one I have is a very special one and I know she's not like most of the other shit tier therapists out there so I know I can trust her. If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeadlineDialer, backtoearth, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
I don't like the overall approach of the current mental healthcare as much as anyone else, I can attest to this. Overall, it sucks, especially being someone who was committed 20+ times. I get it. The one I have is a very special one and I know she's not like most of the other shit tier therapists out there so I know I can trust her. If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked.
I can tell that you have a really strong sense of what is right for you. Please go with your gut on this one, even if it is the scarier option. I think people need to understand that you are not asking IF you should share, rather, HOW you should share. It isn't any one of our places to talk you out of doing something you want to do. Anything else is unsolicited advice.

All that to say, I support you and I want to extend a listening ear if you want to brain storm ideas on how you can approach this.

T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Thats a very lucky thing that you found someone you trust. Good luck at your appointment. : ) I hope it's helpful for you.

Reactions: undecided
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I often show my therapist my sasu posts. But I protect their ass & they know not to betray me to the state. Obviously, this'd blow up in people's faces 99% of the time

Maybe you can say this? "It's a support group for suicidal people where they can finally be honest about their feelings. And thereby solve their root problems"

If they press, you can mention an academic downloaded 700,000 comments & found 0 telling each other to kill themselves

Reactions: undecided and lachrymost
exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
Do not tell.
Reasons not to: you could be committed, lose your freedom, lose the right to own a gun (if in the US), be forced to take meds with terrible side effects, lose lots of money, lose the freedom to ctb when you wish, and will learn the hard way that you cant trust a therapist. You could also draw unwanted negative attention to this site.
It's very nice to express your thankfulness to members here, but there's no need to proclaim it to the outside world. They would never appreciate it anyway.
I understand that you trust the therapist, but it's a very untrustworthy field, based on my own experience and all the other horrible experiences you can read about in this forum.
Honesty is not always the safest policy, even if you think it would make you feel good for a little while.
Just my opinion though.
I understand where you are coming from. I also feel very protective over SS and do not want to give people the name of the forum. I don't think OP is planning on doing that. However, OP has full rights to explore this the way that they want to. I am someone who has opened up to their therapist and live to tell the tale! He didn't commit me! OP seems to have a strong sense about their therapist and is not asking whether this was a good or bad idea. They are asking what they should say.

Also, it is NOT the responsibility of ANYONE here to withhold information from medical professionals if they feel it would help them. I could not be mad at someone for having to let SS down in order to do what was right for them. It would suck, and I would struggle with feeling resentful, but it wouldn't actually be my place to do so.

Reactions: undecided
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I can tell that you have a really strong sense of what is right for you. Please go with your gut on this one, even if it is the scarier option. I think people need to understand that you are not asking IF you should share, rather, HOW you should share. It isn't any one of our places to talk you out of doing something you want to do. Anything else is unsolicited advice.

All that to say, I support you and I want to extend a listening ear if you want to brain storm ideas on how you can approach this.
Yeah, that was my initial frustration, I'll admit. I was upset before because I was asking a HOW, not an IF. People telling me not to just makes me sus that they're trying to hide stuff from me and I'm not about that. I don't even plan on showing her anything. I just want to verbalise it. Literally just saying hey, I'm on this site and it's nontraditional style is helping me not feel like I'm wasting people's time or have any fear I'm being too disturbing or making others uncomfy.

• Hugs
Reactions: backtoearth and inconsequential_
ihatethisplanet

ihatethisplanet

Jun 21, 2023
I really trust my therapist and can freely tell her that I want to die, but if I mentioned this place or any specific ideas, she'd check me into the nuthouse. I think this forum needs to be kept between all of us who want to CTB.

Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I would NEVER advise anyone to do that! If you must speak about this site keep it simple, "I joined a forum of people who support each other and who you can open up and be honest with. I feel safe there and I can also help other and play games." That's all they need to know, if they ask the name just say it's on discord. Being labeled suicidal is a heavy label because you are then only allowed certain medications, a limited supply if you ever get the good ones and that label carries you forever. Please be careful naming this site! Best Wishes to you 🥰

Reactions: ThisUnrest
T

thetrout

Jul 25, 2023
Please keep this site to yourself. Discussing this site with a therapist exposes all of us. Please discuss your private thoughts with your therapist. But this site is a sanctuary for many of us. Please don't betray that.

Reactions: Stormy Raine and ThisUnrest
Y

yyytry

:(
Sep 8, 2022
So, I also wanted to be honest about my mental landscape to a therapist.
I don't think it's a good idea with normie therapists.
But she kinda had some dark side too…and I shared w/ her that it's actually helpful for me to talk with a community of people also struggling with chronic suicidal ideation (and beyond).

When I framed it up like that, it was more about the community and not about the misconception "oh they just go to encourage each other on there".

It just fucking helps you know. Even if you don't, even if you do.
So, I also wanted to be honest about my mental landscape to a therapist.
I don't think it's a good idea with normie therapists.
But she kinda had some dark side too…and I shared w/ her that it's actually helpful for me to talk with a community of people also struggling with chronic suicidal ideation (and beyond).

When I framed it up like that, it was more about the community and not about the misconception "oh they just go to encourage each other on there".

It just fucking helps you know. Even if you don't, even if you do.
And also, I NEVER mentioned this site. Only said, a forum.
Never give specifics. This isn't the only forum. Yada yada

D

deomlez

Not english native speaker. Ctb is my life.
May 19, 2023
I feel free with my therapist, she knows and accepts (as a person centered consillor) my ideas about suicide, but i never mentioned sasu or even "a website", since it s my secret place, the last room of my very intimate brain. I also protect her and also you all. Even if she is so much open, there is a legal part that can lead her to warn someone about that. You cannot be sure about someone at 100%, you don t know the way she works and feel. You can "play" the risk about you, not about other people imo.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
sorry. eyes are killing me at the moment. skipped past comments. nothing wrong with this site. it's pro choice regardless of the name. how do you tell your therapist? i don't think there is shame. more people should visit and possibly learn. no not that. learn about how much people hurt.

D

deomlez

Not english native speaker. Ctb is my life.
May 19, 2023
So why fu**ing prolifes did an attack on it ? We don't want that again.

Reactions: Unattainable666
Wyldfyre4948

Wyldfyre4948

Waiting for my bus
Jul 12, 2023
Well you can say that you do it as a form of your own therapy. To connect with others in desperate situations who feel like death is all there is left. My ex therapist probably would've been accepting of this site. He told me that nothing would be done unless I had a plan and the means to carry it out, or if I was planning on harming another person. It's still a risky situation to come clean about.

For me this site is therapeutic in its own way because I can connect to others and read other methods. This is a safe place that is hard to find for people with this mindset.

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
You presumably trust your therapist. If you can have a rational conversation with her then I think it's healthy.

Tell her the age ranges are from young to 60s (I'm 63).

Tell her that the forum gives you the chance to discuss your feelings and so aren't as scary (that's true for me).

Tell her that posts are very supportive and also positive.

Tell her that when people mention a problem in their life other members give very wise advice.

Hope it goes well.

Reactions: DeadlineDialer
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Ok, I get it guys. I already said I won't mention specifics. I just wanted to tell her this as a positive and now a good portion of ya (not all of you, but several) are throwing it back in my face. I'm sorry for fucking saying anything. Maybe I should just CTB

• Hugs
Reactions: exiled