• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
So why fu**ing prolifes did an attack on it ? We don't want that again.

You presumably trust your therapist. If you can have a rational conversation with her then I think it's healthy.

Tell her the age ranges are from young to 60s (I'm 63).

Tell her that the forum gives you the chance to discuss your feelings and so aren't as scary (that's true for me).

Tell her that posts are very supportive and also positive.

Tell her that when people mention a problem in their life other members give very wise advice.

Hope it goes well.
what? nice way to ruin trust. why bother going to therapy in the first place?

backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
Ok, I get it guys. I already said I won't mention specifics. I just wanted to tell her this as a positive and now a good portion of ya (not all of you, but several) are throwing it back in my face. I'm sorry for fucking saying anything. Maybe I should just CTB
I'm sorry some folk have taken the OP the wrong way - you seem like you understand the mental health system and trust your current therapist. As you say, without mentioning the specifics, I think there is no harm in saying you are a part of a forum in this confidential environment. Saying you have found community and understanding seems like it would be a positive thing for a therapist to hear. There is the recovery section and not everything on here is about CBT, I'm sorry others have got very defensive but I am sending love your way and hope your conversation goes well <3

To answer your original q, I would call it a support forum for people with suicidal thoughts

Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Honstly I.m.o tellng therpst abt th/ ste wll nt hve mch of an impct on th/ ste

= up t/ @Seered Doom whethr or nt thy trst thr therpst t/ nt commt thm etc

SaSu ds nt hve n.ethng 2 hide - = on clearnet & thre r alrdy ppl lke NYT & TC etc tellng millns of ppl abt SaSu in a destructve wy - a mentl hlth profssnl cnnt d/ mre thnn vist th/ ste & lk @ posts jst lke n.e1 els

Commnts r anonyms - no1 = betrayng n.e1 els in tellng thr spport netwrk abt th/ ste if tht = wht wld hlp thm imo

SaSu = jst a ste tht respcts individl chce abt whthr or nt ppl wn2 live & gves ppl a plce 2 b 100% opn wth thr feelngs whch = nt commn on net nowdys

Reactions: corazon, jar-baby, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
Yeah telling my therapist the truth has never helped me in the past but if you think itll help you just describe it as a community of people you enjoy being a part of. It just happens that most of us are also suicidal
"So I walked into a bar and met a nice group of people , It just so happens that each and every one of them was suicidal . A total coincidence I swear "

• Yay!
Reactions: Stormy Raine, corazon, strawb12 and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
"So I walked into a bar and met a nice group of people , It just so happens that each and every one of them was suicidal . A total coincidence I swear "
Considering other groups I've frequented, she'd actually believe me on that.
Honstly I.m.o tellng therpst abt th/ ste wll nt hve mch of an impct on th/ ste

= up t/ @Seered Doom whethr or nt thy trst thr therpst t/ nt commt thm etc

SaSu ds nt hve n.ethng 2 hide - = on clearnet & thre r alrdy ppl lke NYT & TC etc tellng millns of ppl abt SaSu in a destructve wy - a mentl hlth profssnl cnnt d/ mre thnn vist th/ ste & lk @ posts jst lke n.e1 els

Commnts r anonyms - no1 = betrayng n.e1 els in tellng thr spport netwrk abt th/ ste if tht = wht wld hlp thm imo

SaSu = jst a ste tht respcts individl chce abt whthr or nt ppl wn2 live & gves ppl a plce 2 b 100% opn wth thr feelngs whch = nt commn on net nowdys
Which, in most likely case, she'd actually be happy I found a support group for once.

• Yay!
Reactions: cosifantutti, DeadlineDialer, Foreverix and 1 other person
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I think you're fine in whatever you decide, Seered. The site is public access, easily found with a Google search, and has a Twitter account. It is far from the secret sanctuary that some make it out to be. Anyone that posts here is already exposing themself to a small degree, if they were that worried about exposure they wouldn't be posting publicly at all. Furthermore, the site has already come under public, professional, and legal scrutiny in the past and it's still going strong. If the forum was meant to be ultra private, the admins would be doing a lot more to make it so.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
The best is to not tell! Therapists are not trustworthy when it comes to suicidal tendencies and it would be horrible if this site would be taken down.

Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
The best is to not tell! Therapists are not trustworthy when it comes to suicidal tendencies and it would be horrible if this site would be taken down.

A therpst = nt goin2 tke th/ ste dwn

Reactions: corazon, Praestat_Mori, DeadlineDialer and 1 other person
DeadlineDialer

DeadlineDialer

Traversing the grid of death
Sep 20, 2023
Ok, I get it guys. I already said I won't mention specifics. I just wanted to tell her this as a positive and now a good portion of ya (not all of you, but several) are throwing it back in my face. I'm sorry for fucking saying anything. Maybe I should just CTB
Hey man, I hope you're doing alright.

I don't think all these replies are trying to put you down or attack you, I think they're trying to look out for you. I know I can't speak for all of them but I understand why they would say not to. In my experience, therapists take what you say weirdly in their heads and twist it to fit a narrative they've concocted. Whether you're passively or actively suicidal, they often jump to conclusions because they assume you'll take action. I'm really glad you have one that you trust, it's not something most people get to experience, having someone they can talk to about things like this. People here are attached to this site because of that, and they've been betrayed and taken from many times, the thought scares many. Me personally, I would rather reach out here because it's all people like me have, the safety mask of anonymity lets us speak our feelings, which we cant do with someone looking you in the eyes with their finger on speed dial.

I think they're worried you're gonna get sectioned or that they'll find this post and keep you under a microscope. It sounds to me like you've got a good head on your shoulders and you know perfectly well what you're doing. It seems like you've thought this through, you know yourself and your therapist the best. This is your life and it's in your hands, it's your right to make this decision, and if you believe it will help you, then pursue your peace and don't think twice. Don't listen to people if they're trashing you, they're insignificant in the grand scheme, live your life how you want. Hope your session goes well, love forever.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I wouldn't tell anybody. This site is an awesome outlet for a certain group of people. The mods have enough to deal with as well.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Thank you. No of course not. But if it spreads among them.... then maybe yes.
Well, I know, probably completely impossible in the US. Unfortunately very probable in Switzerland.

It took me very long to find a site like this. Was impossible to find a German one. They think if they take down such sites people suicide less. Their stupidity is very challenging.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I'm in the US if that helps anything. Like I said prior, no specifics and it's just gonna be a passing mention. I have other matters that are more prominent of addressing outside of here anyway

exiled

exiled

i gave so many signs
Jun 17, 2023
Please pay no mind to those comments. People are really hurting and defensive over things that are not their business, honestly.

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Hey man, I hope you're doing alright.

I don't think all these replies are trying to put you down or attack you, I think they're trying to look out for you. I know I can't speak for all of them but I understand why they would say not to. In my experience, therapists take what you say weirdly in their heads and twist it to fit a narrative they've concocted. Whether you're passively or actively suicidal, they often jump to conclusions because they assume you'll take action. I'm really glad you have one that you trust, it's not something most people get to experience, having someone they can talk to about things like this. People here are attached to this site because of that, and they've been betrayed and taken from many times, the thought scares many. Me personally, I would rather reach out here because it's all people like me have, the safety mask of anonymity lets us speak our feelings, which we cant do with someone looking you in the eyes with their finger on speed dial.

I think they're worried you're gonna get sectioned or that they'll find this post and keep you under a microscope. It sounds to me like you've got a good head on your shoulders and you know perfectly well what you're doing. It seems like you've thought this through, you know yourself and your therapist the best. This is your life and it's in your hands, it's your right to make this decision, and if you believe it will help you, then pursue your peace and don't think twice. Don't listen to people if they're trashing you, they're insignificant in the grand scheme, live your life how you want. Hope your session goes well, love forever.
Okay, bc it's coming soon and I'm already high on anxiety bordering paranoia, here's what I'll do. Everyone will see this for transparency.

- Mention in passing as a positive. Not even dissecting it, just a one and done.
- NOT name the site.
- Frame it as a peer support group.
- Mention it's a safe place to get the ugly thoughts out without being judged for them and talking through it where other places have failed prior.

The main focus of the session is on something else entirely disconnected from here. It's on work and how I need help with anger management and boundary setting.

• Hugs
Reactions: backtoearth and DeadlineDialer
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
GUESS WHAT GUYS, THE WAY I PRESENTED IT TO HER, SHE'S HAPPY WITH ME BEING HERE

• Hugs
Reactions: deomlez, cosifantutti, DeadlineDialer and 1 other person
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023
All in the title, but to elaborate, I have therapy tomorrow. I know I should tell her the truth since it'll make me feel a lot better and honesty is a good thing. She's not super pro life or anything like that luckily, she just tells it to me how it is and I like that about her. If I were to describe this forum to someone like her though, what would be the most accurate way to describe it without using too flowery of language?

I wouldnt name it. I would describe it as a forum where people like yourself can get support and help from like-minded people. There is discussion of suicide methods but it is very much about self-determination.

I've told mine.

Reactions: Seered Doom
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
I didn't name it...I just said it's a peer support group for depressed and ideation to let things out and not be censored and she said she's proud I'm here.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
I told mine that I frequent some suicide forums. Didn't name the place because either she wouldn't know it or would only know the biased reporting.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
GUESS WHAT GUYS, THE WAY I PRESENTED IT TO HER, SHE'S HAPPY WITH ME BEING HERE
Well done! You must excuse us, we're a bunch of blackpillers used to futility in an intensely hostile world

• Love
Reactions: undecided, Seered Doom and DeadlineDialer
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Thank you for apologizing and I forgive you. I understand your guy's POV a bit better after I've calmed down now. Sorry for autistic rage on here earlier (which I can say bc I am autistic and describing my own rage). If anyone needs advice on how to present it to make therapists respect it, my advice is to present it as a peer support group for those with depression and ideation where you can air out the ugly stuff without being censored or shunned for it. That's my approach I used and it worked.

• Love
Reactions: cosifantutti and SexyIncél
U

undecided

Student
Aug 25, 2023
I'm not telling mine about it, or that I'm suicidal. Last thing I want is to be forced into a straight jacket and thrown into a padded room.
I doubt you'd be sectioned for sharing with your therapist that you're a member of this site, OR that you're suicidal.
That's easy. Don't tell her. I told me councilor and I was committed
There must've been more to it than just telling your therapist that you're a member of this site, for you to end up committed !
I really trust my therapist and can freely tell her that I want to die, but if I mentioned this place or any specific ideas, she'd check me into the nuthouse. I think this forum needs to be kept between all of us who want to CTB.
This forum isn't on the dark web though, it's available to anyone using a simple Google search. So why the need for secrecy?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadlineDialer
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I'm sorry if our comments upset you as it was never any of our intentions 🥰 A lot of us have been on here for a long time and find this site very therapeutic and helpful in many ways. Thus the name can give people's negative ideas regarding what this site is about, you personally know the truth but it maybe difficult to translate those truth to others. I think the biggest overall comments were suggesting protect everyone else as yourself. This has become a "safe place" to many as myself and we just don't want anymore interruptions in our safe place. Overall it's your decision, if you do decide to share with your therapist, please let us know how it goes, I'm sure you're not the only person who has thought of sharing this site as a positive outlet. Wishing you the best as always 🥰

• Love
Reactions: Seered Doom
darknesscomesquick

darknesscomesquick

Not all who wander are lost—trying to find an exit
Sep 19, 2023
I told my therapist that I found a wonderfully supportive forum full of like minded people. I also mentioned that I found the posts comforting and helpful. She thinks I'm being super effective on her terms. Oh well. I'm not telling any lies…

Reactions: Stormy Raine
Stormy Raine

Stormy Raine

Quietly counting down the days, hours, minutes..
Apr 7, 2023
I busted out laughing after reading this 😂😂 I can't imagine what our therapist must think of us? I'm sure they are drained when any of us come in and start talking 😂😂

• Yay!
Reactions: MeltingBrain
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
You presumably trust your therapist. If you can have a rational conversation with her then I think it's healthy.

Tell her the age ranges are from young to 60s (I'm 63).

Tell her that the forum gives you the chance to discuss your feelings and so aren't as scary (that's true for me).

Tell her that posts are very supportive and also positive.

Tell her that when people mention a problem in their life other members give very wise advice.

Hope it goes well.
It's good that you are still keeping up to date with technology. We (gen z and younger people) can also gain so much knowledge of people in their 60s and older.

Reactions: cosifantutti