• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

m1v

m1v

Eternal flower fields
Feb 27, 2023
There's this girl in one of the classes I take. We only interacted once, it was when I noticed that her eyes were red, so I asked if everything was okay. A few days later, she saw me near the subway station. I wasn't with anyone, obviously. She sat directly next to me and randomly started talking and opening up about the mommy issues she has been going through recently. Then told me she copes by self-harming, and she avoided doing so by going outside etc..

At that moment, I was tired so I went like ''oh.'' I don't remember much but I know I asked ''Why are you telling me all of this?'' and she replied that she usually opens up to people similar to her, or something. (I do not self-harm, but I'm a sad person) It only lasted 20 mins ish before she left. She gave me her number but I never added her cuz she's super talkative.

Anyway, if she talks to me again, how can I react to this..? I don't think talking about MY mommy issues is what she wants to hear, so...sorry, what should I say? I'm not a very interesting person when it comes to talking irl, I have trouble speaking. Thank you for reading, I appreciate any advice!

Ps: This situation hasn't been bothering me at all, I just thought of it today and decided to share.

catsandrocks

catsandrocks

Nature Lover
Nov 11, 2022
I think it depends on like if you feel comfortable. If you don't want to talk about it, I think that's completely valid. Maybe something like "I really appreciate you trusting me to tell me this, and I'm not in the emotional space to give you the support you need atm." If you feel comfortable having the conversation, validating can go a really long way. Maybe something like "that must have been really hard," "it makes sense that you're hurting like that," or "I can understand why you feel that way. I felt that way too when…" Even reacting with facial expressions like a sad face or leaning in slightly can also be a form of validation.

Use your intuition, and I really hope this helps!!

• Love
Reactions: m1v
m1v

m1v

Eternal flower fields
Feb 27, 2023
Thank you for your input! I appreciate it. So is it alright if I don't talk at all? lol It's not that I don't want to, I'm just bad at this in general, don't want to make anything worst.

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Sometimes just listening and caring goes a long way... I don't think you have to do or say anything special. She probably sensed that you would be understanding and not spam nonsensical cliches and unhelpful advice like most people would. Of course if it becomes bothersome you could always just say that it's a difficult subject or something like that.

• Informative
Reactions: m1v