A

adios

May 13, 2020
Hi guys,
I've lurked on SS for a while before making an account, and this is my first thread. I'm planning on jumping from a height of about 100 ft and although I'm definitely ready to go, I know that once I get to my location it'll be really hard for me to find the courage to jump. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for calming down and making it easier to overcome SI without involving alcohol or illegal drugs, as I'm only 18 and don't have access to those things. Also, will 100 ft be high enough? I'm jumping into water. It's the only method I have available at the moment. Any tips would be really helpful, thanks!

• Aww..
Reactions: William Barker and Crushed_Innocence
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
This maybe be something you don't want to hear also I don't know your circumstances. Your are only 18.. is there no way of fixing your situation?

Reactions: adios
A

adios

May 13, 2020
This maybe be something you don't want to hear also I don't know your circumstances. Your are only 18.. is there no way of fixing your situation?
Not really, my mental illnesses screwed up my junior and senior grades so I didn't get accepted to any universities. I also ruined my relationships with my family and everyone I know. I generally can't stand myself either. Thanks for the concern though!!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Fthis, William Barker, WhatIsMyLife and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If you use the site search for jumping or jumping megathread, you'll see there have been lots of discussions about height. 100 ft is about 10 stories, I would think that would be enough. From other posts I've read, I understand it's best to try to land in a horizontal position.

V

Vickyalmighty

Apr 24, 2020
18 years of age means still there is so much life and it might get better for you , coming to the point jumping off 100 ft that to into water once think about it, if not succeed you might become vegetable, 100ft on land is somewhat better than water. But I will not recommend jumping at all as you will be in serious condition if not succeed. You can try other methods like most popular in Ss which is SN or try partial hanging which is better or full hanging, night night , korean all these types of methods and another part of your question which is Si , to overcome si it is hard but you can use some types of drugs if available or lot of alcohol

A

adios

May 13, 2020
18 years of age means still there is so much life and it might get better for you , coming to the point jumping off 100 ft that to into water once think about it, if not succeed you might become vegetable, 100ft on land is somewhat better than water. But I will not recommend jumping at all as you will be in serious condition if not succeed. You can try other methods like most popular in Ss which is SN or try partial hanging which is better or full hanging, night night , korean all these types of methods and another part of your question which is Si , to overcome si it is hard but you can use some types of drugs if available or lot of alcohol
I would definitely jump onto land if possible but I think my city only has the one bridge and I'm pretty sure there's water on both sides. Id much rather use SN but I still live with my parents and probably wouldn't be able to get any without them knowing. I'd go to a hotel but that's really hard with COVID going on. Thanks though!

• Hugs
Reactions: William Barker
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Not really, my mental illnesses screwed up my junior and senior grades so I didn't get accepted to any universities. I also ruined my relationships with my family and everyone I know. I generally can't stand myself either. Thanks for the concern though!!

Did they put you on meds?

Lunarhour

Lunarhour

Student
May 15, 2020
Lol University would probably give you more mental illness...Fuck University. I bet your Father, mother, sister and your pot smoking teachers probably drank that "University is the best route to go to be successful in life" Koolaid bullshit. Why don't you join the military? I'm not kidding, it would be perfect, especially if your a young man. Run away from the bullshit, burn your clothes, flip the bird on old bullies and old neighborhoods and put on the uniform. If your in the USA im sure the marines would love to snatch you and mold you and forge you in the furnace.

How badly have you ruined your relationship with your family? did they kick you out of the house?

Reactions: William Barker, Crushed_Innocence and adios
A

adios

May 13, 2020
Lol University would probably give you more mental illness...Fuck University. I bet your Father, mother, sister and your faggot pot smoking teachers probably drank that "University is the best route to go to be successful in life" Koolaid bullshit. Why don't you join the military? I'm not kidding, it would be perfect, especially if your a young man. Run away from the bullshit, burn your clothes, flip the bird on old bullies and old neighborhoods and put on the uniform. If your in the USA im sure the marines would love to snatch you and mold you and forge you in the furnace.

How badly have you ruined your relationship with your family? did they kick you out of the house?
I considered the military route for a while(probably marines or navy) because I thought it would be a good way to go about getting a career cheaper and more effectively than college. But because I'm on a couple different medications the recruiter said I would have to wait and my psychiatrist refused to take me off of them.

StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Lol University would probably give you more mental illness...Fuck University. I bet your Father, mother, sister and your faggot pot smoking teachers probably drank that "University is the best route to go to be successful in life" Koolaid bullshit. Why don't you join the military?[...]

Because people with "mental illness" don't get recruited and heard lots of stories how that environment turned perfectly healthy people into complete savages.

• Love
Reactions: William Barker, Crushed_Innocence and adios
A

adios

May 13, 2020
Did they put you on meds?
Yeah, lithium and Effexor as of right now. I don't feel like anything is helping, but they say I have to wait until they increase my dose.

Lunarhour

Lunarhour

Student
May 15, 2020
I considered the military route for a while(probably marines or navy) because I thought it would be a good way to go about getting a career cheaper and more effectively than college. But because I'm on a couple different medications the recruiter said I would have to wait and my psychiatrist refused to take me off of them.

Oh my god man you gotta' enlist dude, you gotta give yourself more time. Listen i was in the army at your age, now i'm not trying to talk you down like your some stupid kid but hear me out. The army was an adventure dude. Their are young men just like you that have the same problems, they wanted to leave all the bullshit behind, they wanted to repent for their past sins by going through the fire that the army has to offer. Forget about college and university for now, there are so many posibilities in the army, so many career paths.

Listen, the Army has a regime, it keeps young men like you on the move constantly, think about buddy, no more sitting around and letting those negative thoughts eat you up inside. I know because almost everybody have these god forsaken negative thoughts. That Audioslave band singer, his wife said he wasn't depressed, but he didn't come out of his hotel room because those bad thoughts, those negative thoughts got to him...and he last. A grown, pretty successful band leader, flushed all down the toilet because of negative thoughts...all alone...in his hotel room...just him and his thoughts.

The Army is simple, don't be intimidated, don't be so hard on yourself, we make loads of mistakes when we are young dude. All you have to do is just stand up straight like a lampshade, listen to orders and carry them out. Food and drink in the cafeteria is guaranteed bro, you dont have to go shopping dude, it gives me anxiety just thinking about standing in line in those places. I was homeless 4 times already, i would steal a young boys teddy bear if i could get back in the military and eat that great food and sleep on those clean white sheets again.

You gotta somehow get off those meds dude, you gotta be honest with family members and tell them that you want to change your ways by going to the military. Don't make a list of all your faults and dont let them point out evey mistake you have done in your short life, just inform them of your plan to better yourself and ask them if they would like to be behind you supporting you.

• Love
Reactions: William Barker, SNOB and adios
A

adios

May 13, 2020
Oh my god man you gotta' enlist dude, you gotta give yourself more time. Listen i was in the army at your age, now i'm not trying to talk you down like your some stupid kid but hear me out. The army was an adventure dude. Their are young men just like you that have the same problems, they wanted to leave all the bullshit behind, they wanted to repent for their past sins by going through the fire that the army has to offer. Forget about college and university for now, there are so many posibilities in the army, so many career paths.

Listen, the Army has a regime, it keeps young men like you on the move constantly, think about buddy, no more sitting around and letting those negative thoughts eat you up inside. I know because almost everybody have these god forsaken negative thoughts. That Audioslave band singer, his wife said he wasn't depressed, but he didn't come out of his hotel room because those bad thoughts, those negative thoughts got to him...and he last. A grown, pretty successful band leader, flushed all down the toilet because of negative thoughts...all alone...in his hotel room...just him and his thoughts.

The Army is simple, don't be intimidated, don't be so hard on yourself, we make loads of mistakes when we are young dude. All you have to do is just stand up straight like a lampshade, listen to orders and carry them out. Food and drink in the cafeteria is guaranteed bro, you dont have to go shopping dude, it gives me anxiety just thinking about standing in line in those places. I was homeless 4 times already, i would steal a young boys teddy bear if i could get back in the military and eat that great food and sleep on those clean white sheets again.

You gotta somehow get off those meds dude, you gotta be honest with family members and tell them that you want to change your ways by going to the military. Don't make a list of all your faults and dont let them point out evey mistake you have done in your short life, just inform them of your plan to better yourself and ask them if they would like to be behind you supporting you.
I really do wish I could, and my family would probably support it, however I have bipolar I and a history of a suicide attempt and anorexia, and even though I recovered from that I think those things still disqualify you. I could be wrong though. I wish that wasn't the case, because I think it would do me well to be in that environment and I don't have any other options now.

Crushed_Innocence

Crushed_Innocence

Hungry Ghost
Oct 16, 2019
Because people with "mental illness" don't get recruited and heard lots of stories how that environment turned perfectly healthy people into complete savages.
"..how that environment turned perfectly healthy people into savages...." Well said! Fuck the military too.... it's just a place to become cannon fodder. I wouldn't consider dying for a country that treats its veterans like shit a dignified death. Suicide is better imo.

Reactions: Stranger87 and adios
Lunarhour

Lunarhour

Student
May 15, 2020
Can you somehow get some references or someone to speak out on your behalf to the recruitment office, like your psychiatrist, councellor, Father. Go to the recruiting office in person, not over the phone, in person and pull a staff member to the side and tell them, "listen, i want to join the military but i have these issues that I believe have been resolved, what proof of documentation do you need in order for me to join the green machine. Because you know what, my friends are smoking pot in the alleyway as we speak, and they are turning into bad influences...and bad influences can turn good young people like myself into delinquent"

Ofcourse the army would be great for you. You don't have to worry about what to wear, what to eat, what to do. You have a schedule, you have a healthy routine . Routine my young friend, very important at your age. Don't be intimidated, everyone is shitting their pants when they take their first step into that world. The recruiters are looking for guys just like you man, the drill seargents cant wait to meet you. You know what, your actually giving the army a challenge to turn you into a disciplined and strong soldier.

And the brotherhood...i remember alot of the guys back in my day, those guys would have jumped in the line of fire to save my ass. It was through those sweat and tears and shedding of blood during our platoons training that forged those friendships. Friendships you will never find in civilian life, i'm telling you the truth.

A

adios

May 13, 2020
Can you somehow get some references or someone to speak out on your behalf to the recruitment office, like your psychiatrist, councellor, Father. Go to the recruiting office in person, not over the phone, in person and pull a staff member to the side and tell them, "listen, i want to join the military but i have these issues that I believe have been resolved, what proof of documentation do you need in order for me to join the green machine. Because you know what, my friends are smoking pot in the alleyway as we speak, and they are turning into bad influences...and bad influences can turn good young people like myself into delinquent"

Ofcourse the army would be great for you. You don't have to worry about what to wear, what to eat, what to do. You have a schedule, you have a healthy routine . Routine my young friend, very important at your age. Don't be intimidated, everyone is shitting their pants when they take their first step into that world. The recruiters are looking for guys just like you man, the drill seargents cant wait to meet you. You know what, your actually giving the army a challenge to turn you into a disciplined and strong soldier.

And the brotherhood...i remember alot of the guys back in my day, those guys would have jumped in the line of fire to save my ass. It was through those sweat and tears and shedding of blood during our platoons training that forged those friendships. Friendships you will never find in civilian life, i'm telling you the truth.
Thanks for the advice. I'll mention it to my therapist the next time I talk to them.

Reactions: Lunarhour
Lunarhour

Lunarhour

Student
May 15, 2020
Try to get as many supports as possible, tell your mother and father that your not feeling healthy anymore being in the position your in and you want to join the military so you can get a fresh start, so you can find out who you are because you feel lost. Don't go into depth about your problems if you dont feel like it, just tell them you have been feeling guilty and you don't like what your becoming. You want change and you need routine.

If your parents put you down with crap like "Your joining the army? you wont last a second in there with your current attitude" Do not listen to them, tell them, nope i wanna' try it out, i have nothing to lose.

I

I’mDone

Experienced
Mar 22, 2020
Hi guys,
I've lurked on SS for a while before making an account, and this is my first thread. I'm planning on jumping from a height of about 100 ft and although I'm definitely ready to go, I know that once I get to my location it'll be really hard for me to find the courage to jump. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for calming down and making it easier to overcome SI without involving alcohol or illegal drugs, as I'm only 18 and don't have access to those things. Also, will 100 ft be high enough? I'm jumping into water. It's the only method I have available at the moment. Any tips would be really helpful, thanks!

My understanding is that the minimum heights required are 150' on to land and 250' into water. Even those are only 95% sure. I suspect that from 100', unless you land head-first, will be extremely painful but survivable. It may leave you quite seriously disabled.

Reactions: Walilamdzi and adios
ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
I'm also thinking about jumping. I want to go to beachy head because it'll be a pretty view but the problem is I'm scared of height and the feeling of falling.

Lately I've been preparing by jumping out the 1st floor window from my room. It wasn't a long fall but it took me 10 minutes to convince myself to do it. After a few attempts I can now just jump. Although, the 1st floor window is probably nothing to a cliff.

• Hugs