• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Jamesun

Jamesun

I'm just a person
Feb 23, 2022
Lately I haven't stopped thinking about dying, I can't find another solution to my problems, I've tried but I can't, there are people around me like my girlfriend or my friends, but I want to die but That I will hurt them if I do them, I don't know what to do I want to leave but I don't want to hurt anyone.That I will hurt them if I do them, I don't know what to do I want to leave but I don't want to hurt anyone.

JuliaOnTheNet

JuliaOnTheNet

pew pew pew
Feb 14, 2023
Like lookingforsanctuary said, there is no way to not hurt anyone.
You can do some things to make people hurt a bit less. For example not CTBing where anyone who knows you can find you (hotel etc.).

about the next one's I'm not sure, but maybe leaving something behind could ease the pain of others in the long run. Like a photograph, drawings, suicide note, letters, planting a tree that will grow big after your death, leaving money behind for funeral costs etc. and not leaving a mess in one's apartment behind

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Grief and loss are simply inevitable as long as one exists here, but anyway we all have to die and lose everything someday, eventually we very likely won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to exist here. And anyway whatever happens in this world after we are gone could never be our concern as we simply won't exist, in death everything is forgotten about for us.

Bobert_Beniro

Bobert_Beniro

Life sucks and then you die.
Mar 14, 2023
the last note should ease the pain of loss where you can share about your emotions

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You have no control regarding how others react to things. The only thing within your control is how you react to things, or personal choices you make for yourself.

J

JensenX

Jun 6, 2022
Lately I haven't stopped thinking about dying, I can't find another solution to my problems, I've tried but I can't, there are people around me like my girlfriend or my friends, but I want to die but That I will hurt them if I do them, I don't know what to do I want to leave but I don't want to hurt anyone.That I will hurt them if I do them, I don't know what to do I want to leave but I don't want to hurt anyone.
If you have people who truly care about your life, it's not time to leave. It's a bit nasty to end your life if you have family, friends or a girlfriend. What are you thinking?

I have no one, so leaving is easy and won't hurt anyone. In fact, I will do it discreetly and no one who ever knew me would know of my passing. I live alone in another country, so it's easy to be anonymous.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you have people who truly care about your life, it's not time to leave. It's a bit nasty to end your life if you have family, friends or a girlfriend. What are you thinking?
That's exactly one of the biggest issues I personally have and it holds me back even in very desperate situations. But on the other hand they can't change the persisting problems that lead to my decision about CTB, my personal life and mental health doesn't get better.

• Love
Reactions: JensenX
J

JensenX

Jun 6, 2022
Like lookingforsanctuary said, there is no way to not hurt anyone.
I guarantee that I can pass and not cause a single soul any grief. We all have our own life situations, so don't presume we're all in the same boat. If I ended my life in my rental condo, no one would know until the smell wafted outside and became unbearable for the neighbours, so I'm going to try to check into a hotel without ID so someone will soon discover my corpse.

telro

telro

I'm just tired
May 21, 2023
I keep redrafting my suicide notes because I want to cause as little pain as possible when leaving this world. It's really hard to find the right words to put into my final letters

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
It shouldn't be that hard to imagine, with a little sympathetic imagination.

numbnesshuman

numbnesshuman

People who get lost
May 13, 2023
This is the reason I haven't ctb…. So tough

J

JensenX

Jun 6, 2022
Grief and loss are simply inevitable as long as one exists here, but anyway we all have to die and lose everything someday, eventually we very likely won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to exist here. And anyway whatever happens in this world after we are gone could never be our concern as we simply won't exist, in death everything is forgotten about for us.
You say "we all have to die and lose everything someday". From my perspective, everything is not much to lose. I can't recall a happy moment for years. Every day is like ground hog day. I hate to wake up and have to think about my life, which is a daily struggle. Waking up and getting out of bed is actually my biggest daily struggle. My only enjoyment comes from some nice dreams that I sometimes have.

This is not living and there is absolutely nothing to lose. Do I live, or merely exist, is the question. Am I indistinguishable from the meat that most of us consume every day? In actual fact, the people of this forum who are contemplating ctb are more enlightened than the average person who tries to ignore the fact that they will pass away sooner or later.

An interesting concept about time when you're gone. The second you pass away, the whole world has died. All your friends and family (if you have any) passed away in the same instant. The dust we leave behind has no concept of time and a second equals a million years, or infinitely. In fact, the world doesn't exist when you lose consciousness as the whole world only existed in your consciousness.

Now if you believe in the Biblical afterlife, the second you pass away you will be resurrected along with the billions who passed away over the world's history and time yet to pass. Each religion will have its own thoughts about this and what comes next.