M

melanar

Aug 7, 2019
Jeez, I'm looking for a "one and done" with full suspension but is suffocation unavoidable? Anyone here try full suspension without experiencing suffocation?
I seem to be one of those who has the artery far secluded for this to work.
Those who can faint with partial can do it with full, but if you dont happen do faint very fast, within 15secs, you will meet a world of pain, which happened to me.
Also i am pretty sure SI kicked in, the prime responsable for me backing out when i felt tingly and spasming. Even my legs started to shake and lose strenght, but i could always manage to lift again. Sucked.

Reactions: Vienrose, Baskol1, Ivenocare and 1 other person
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
That´s strange. I hanged my self (full suspension) and passed out real quick. No pain and no suffering. But was saved after passing out

Reactions: Vienrose, veren4h92l, Baskol1 and 2 others
M

melanar

Aug 7, 2019
That´s strange. I hanged my self (full suspension) and passed out real quick. No pain and no suffering. But was saved after passing out
How did you cope with that immense pressure and pain on the neck and throat?

Reactions: Vienrose and Baskol1
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
I didn´t feel pressure or pain

Reactions: Vienrose and Baskol1
M

melanar

Aug 7, 2019
Lucky you. Did you let go slowly or suddenly?

Reactions: Vienrose, Baskol1 and Ivenocare
Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
I fell suddenly into the noose and it tightened quick. I was told it was hard to get me out of the noose

Reactions: Vienrose, Baskol1 and Ivenocare
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
So, I have read every single post in this thread; I spent around 8 hours last night trying and failing. I always hit the jugular and that feels horrible. Then on page 52 I FINALLY found a comment that worked, and it was a crazy feeling. I definitely understand what people mean when they say it feels like nitrous; your whole body starts to tingle/go numb and vision starts to fade. It's how your arm or leg feels when it is first falling asleep but more intense and your entire body. Not so much pins and needles for me; more that early vibrating sensation but more intense.

Now I have a few questions. My knot (slip knot) does not seem to stay 100% tight. If I ease up slightly; that's it. The compression goes away. I'm concerned about this, when you do pass out is there any chance of your body sitting up/kneeling? Is there anything I can do to prevent the knot from moving once it is secured?

On another note, thank you so much @Partial-Elf . I have been struggling with this stuff since 9 years old; my first big attempt being an acetaminophen OD in 9th grade. Horrible horrible horrible way to go; I woke up puking my guts out but the medication was already absorbed. My whole body hurt and it felt like my insides were being dissolved in acid. Finally I have an available method that's painless..... There is a sense of peace in knowing I have a way. Thank you c:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, NegativeSymptoms, sadgirl9999 and 11 others
Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
2 days ago i failed at partial/full. After trying for about 1h30m or so.
In this time i tried to black out. Had always to hold my breath, feel the rope press hard on my windpipe and when i started having this unvoluntary muscle spams, my hearing and sight changed, but nothing like blackening or something. I had to abort everytime due to the suffocation feeling (lasted about 20 secs each time).
I got about 5 seconds fully suspended after slipping and next thing i know, i felt a snap on my neck (didnt hurt), imense head pressure and i had to grab something to save myself. Was terrifying...

Now i have a semi-ocluded blood patch on my eye. Today it seems a bit bigger. Doesnt hurt/impair but its damn unstettling.
Also a very sore throat and neck muscles. Hurts to touch.
Also my head hurts like an hangover. Hurts when i close my eyes strongly.
I used oil on the rope and neck so i dont have any mark now (had on the same day)

I do not see myself doing this again, but might do it, even if only to see where the tingly/spasm effect takes me.
Was supposed to be a full hang but honestly i was afraid. The suffocation part really set me off. Might try a partial (all effects happened when i presed down the rope, on top of the bench).
Was the blood in the eye from partial suspension or full suspension?

Reactions: Baskol1
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
I've had success with both top and bottom, but I normally favor top
Your tip for bottom of the neck is what worked for me. I put my ligature about 1 or 2 inches below my Adam's apple. I moved away from the fixed end until the rope was tight, jerked my head forward with all my upper body weight, and then relaxed while still leaning in. Within SECONDS I knew it was working and I believe just a few seconds more and I would have passed out. Now that I've got the method down, I want to be sure everything else is right. My slipknot seems to slide slightly when I move my head back out of that lean in and all the pressure disappears, so I'm worried my body will do something like that. I have a loop on the other end tied with a figure 8 knot, and plan on passing the noose end through that loop with it thrown over the support. Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything I can do to be sure the knot (slip knot) holds 100% firm when tight?

1/5th of a wash cloth rolled and taped for padding/more surface area. 550 paracord (ignore the dog hair, lol).

FF3BE6AA 57A2 4F64 8CC8 9EEF172DDC67

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Baskol1, TheGoodGuy and 1 other person
Jumper

Jumper

Student
Jun 18, 2019
Your tip for bottom of the neck is what worked for me. I put my ligature about 1 or 2 inches below my Adam's apple. I moved away from the fixed end until the rope was tight, jerked my head forward with all my upper body weight, and then relaxed while still leaning in. Within SECONDS I knew it was working and I believe just a few seconds more and I would have passed out. Now that I've got the method down, I want to be sure everything else is right. My slipknot seems to slide slightly when I move my head back out of that lean in and all the pressure disappears, so I'm worried my body will do something like that. I have a loop on the other end tied with a figure 8 knot, and plan on passing the noose end through that loop with it thrown over the support. Do you have any suggestions? Is there anything I can do to be sure the knot (slip knot) holds 100% firm when tight?

1/5th of a wash cloth rolled and taped for padding/more surface area. 550 paracord (ignore the dog hair, lol).

View attachment 15856
What material and diameter rope is that? I'm having the exact same issue with mine.

StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
What material and diameter rope is that? I'm having the exact same issue with mine.
Honestly, i'm not sure of the diameter. It wasn't specified on the packaging. However, it's polyester nylon 550 paracord that's 30ft in length (I cut it in half though, and cut the other half into pieces to practice the figure 8 knot). Just something I picked up at target; better than the shoelaces I have previously tried with.

Edit: I'll get a rough measurement myself though.
Edit Edit: Looks to be only about 1/8th inch thick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Baskol1 and Jumper
M

melanar

Aug 7, 2019
Was the blood in the eye from partial suspension or full suspension?
Honestly no idea, i just noticed the next day.
But the only time i gone full it even messed with my nostril, the pressure was really high so i bet it was there, altho i also felt immense pressure during partial attempts

Reactions: Ivenocare, Jumper and Baskol1
I

IHaveNoIdea

Aug 29, 2019
Stupid question, I have brain damage. Which part of the garage can you hang yourself from?

StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
So..... I'm pretty sure I just passed out testing the noose some more. I was leaning into it with the other end tied to a hook on my door and next thing I know I "woke up" confused as hell with a pounding headache. Not sure if I hit my head on something or if it's from oxygen deprivation, but damn that was scary. It even took me a few seconds to realize I still had the rope around my neck. I haven't sent out notes yet or said goodbyes, and my dad is in the other room so if I flailed around a bunch he would wake up and I'd end up brain dead. It happened FAST too. I had tested it a few times and although I had the compressed carotid arteries feelings I never even came close to passing out that quick. I would honestly put it at about 5 seconds but I don't know.

Be careful when you're testing this guys.

Reactions: Vienrose, Baskol1, Astral316 and 2 others
elsilbon

elsilbon

[ ]
Dec 31, 2018
I tried with a necktie using a slip knot, placing it below my adam's apple and the knot in the back I pulled up with my own arm, I started losing it in a matter of seconds, now I just need to find a strong enough support.

Reactions: Vienrose, Astral316, Ivenocare and 1 other person
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I tried with a necktie using a slip knot, placing it below my adam's apple and the knot in the back I pulled up with my own arm, I started losing it in a matter of seconds, now I just need to find a strong enough support.
You could use a door resistance band holder... search em on amazon

Reactions: Baskol1 and elsilbon
FighterOfTheNightman

FighterOfTheNightman

All Singing All Dancing Crap of the Earth
Jun 28, 2019
I need to make this work tonight.

I tied a bed sheet up to the rafters in the basement where I live here. I feel terrible about someone finding me but I need it to be over.

I got a DUI last night and my life was just finally seeming to get better, I was delivering pizza, making money.. and now it's all ruined.. again.. over and over and fucking over life feels like it plays these games with me. I pulled over and drank because I was depressed and frustrated and then a cop woke me up knocking on the window.

I am just fucked. I need to make this work. I don't wanna wait for consequences and wait for mail.. this is the most reliable way.. That or I will simply buy a rope, tie it to the side of this secluded railroad bridge a few miles away, lower myself off the side, and then let go.. I need to be gone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: justwannadie, Wolfjob_dayjob, Astral316 and 2 others
Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
Hey all, been reading this form for a while and just got into starting to practice partial suspension. On my first couple of goes I managed to get the tingling sensation with the knot behind my neck and low but since then I haven't really managed to get it to happen again. I'm thinking of trying to use a belt to find the carotid artery because I can't seem to hit it and only am getting the head explosion feeling but does anyone have any tips that I might try out?

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
Anyone else having trouble with this? I guess im not pushing hard enough but when i push down i feel the pulse getting stronger and faster but i dont blackout or even get close to blacking out :S
Full or partial?
I have the same issue as some others here, never managed to fall unconscious. Other mention they loose consciousness within seconds while I hang there for 10min and feel nothing other than some ringing and my heart beat. Some tips maybe?
Full or partial?

Last edited:
Femmeboifailure

Femmeboifailure

Sep 9, 2019
I have two ties but I need some partial advice! I can't seem to make it work not matter what I do.

John Smith

John Smith

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2018
I didn't find it to be too painful, but my body panicked and i grabbed the ladder and pulled myself back up after a few seconds. I was using an insurance bag too so I don't know if that contributed to the panic. I tried again last night but I was wasted and on xanax and couldn't get the knot to tighten and i fell. I'm going to try to use a slipknot today. Will still use full suspension just maybe kick the ladder away. I really wanted to use an insurance bag too, but my lizard brain panics too much.
Did you try full? What happened

Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
Quick update, I finally managed to recreate the feeling that I had at the start of all this. I have a loft bed so I tied it to the top of that and put the knot just under where the bed ends with the knot at the back of my neck. The rope was just under my adams apple (like rubbing against it) and dropped to my knees. It did hurt but that was probably because it didn't have any padding, but i felt a tingling sensation spreading up my arms. I'm going to continue this for the night and see if I can't get to a point at which I start to see black spots.

Just two tries later I got it, tingling feeling all over my body and my legs started to feel like they had fallen asleep. Nearly couldn't get out of it because my legs wouldn't hold my weight and know if I had continued it it would have probably been lethal. Like a lot of people posted before it was all about the amount of weight I had to put into it and didn't get the head exploding feeling because of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vienrose, Baskol1 and Astral316
StalkedByDeath

StalkedByDeath

BPD; MDD; GAD
Sep 5, 2019
Tonight is the night.... I will be putting my "practice runs" to use....... I will post again right before attempting, and if you don't hear from me within an hour of that post you know what that means..... Thank you all for the advice, for giving me a painless way out.....

Reactions: Baskol1 and okaoki
Erin Inari

Erin Inari

Sep 9, 2019
I wish that I could do that as well, I don't really have anything holding me here but I don't have that little push to send me over the edge. I should just muster up the courage to do it but I just can't at the moment. I know that I'll go at least before the end of October, its just getting up and doing it

Reactions: Vienrose, Wolfjob_dayjob and Baskol1
FighterOfTheNightman

FighterOfTheNightman

All Singing All Dancing Crap of the Earth
Jun 28, 2019
I think short drop or suspension hanging makes the most sense for me, with availability and whatnot.

I am considering inhaling a lot of nitrous oxide before I drop, then it shouldn't be as terrifying. I think it could actually be a euphoric ride out that way..
Honestly most of the problems here seem to be with pain and fear.

I think of Chris Cornell, he was probably loaded up on lorazepam.

Things available to me to help the fear/pain? Phenibut (can order from many sites) or nitrous oxide can damn near make you pass out with 5-6 balloons.

Hell you can order nitrous from amazon.. and it's at most head shops (stoner pipe stores for the layman)

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1 and BPD_LE
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Honestly most of the problems here seem to be with pain and fear.

I think of Chris Cornell, he was probably loaded up on lorazepam.
I have a stash of diazepam I intend to use to help. Probably also alcohol.